Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many SBs will Hanley have this year?

Featured Replies

I'd say 60-70 this year if he stays healthy. He's one badass mofo who will take a base if he damn well feels like it.

 

In 5 years, I hope oh so much that he's playing for the Marlins. By then I'd think stolen bases will be slightly less a part of his game.

He'll probably finish this year around where he was last year...55 or so.

 

5 years from now he'll probably in the 3 hole in front of Cabrera in the 4 hole so he won't run a whole lot...so probably high teens then.

I think he means how many in total five years from now, or not?

 

...and how many do you think he'll have in a season 5 years from now?

 

Seems pretty cut and dry to me...reading is fundamental.

5 years from now he'll probably in the 3 hole in front of Cabrera in the 4 hole so he won't run a whole lot

We can only hope we have both in 5 years. :confused

I dont think he will be a 40-40 but I could see 30-30 in 1-2 years time.

He can certainly be a 30/30 man in a few season and when that happens, the Marlins will probably have the best left infield in baseball, passing the measly A-Rod/Jeter combo.

I dont think he will be a 40-40 but I could see 30-30 in 1-2 years time.

He can certainly be a 30/30 man in a few season and when that happens, the Marlins will probably have the best left infield in baseball, passing the measly A-Rod/Jeter combo.

Well last year with the bat Hanley and Miguel were pretty much on a par with Jeter and ARod and that's with Jeter having a career type year so I don't think it will take a few seasons for Hanley and Miguel to pass them. I would bet this year they'll pass them.

63 this season.

 

29 in 2012.

Yeha, probablly 50 or 60, but imagine the team if we can keep the group of players we have now, 5 years from now...*dreams*

How many of you think Hanley will one day be a 40-40 man?

 

40-40 is so damn rare it's almost impossible to expect it.

 

30-30 seems more likely, though even that's an ambitious prediction, but I wouldn't rule out anything with Hanley.

55-60 this season

 

30-40 in five seasons, with 30-40 bombs, 100-130 rbi, and a .330 average

 

MVP anyone?

 

You mean if Miguel doesn't take it...

  • Author

What are the highest HR totals for someone with over 50 SBs? 60?

 

Didn't Eric Davis have a 30/50 year?

 

 

 

edit - Answering my own question, i got curious:

 

Eric Davis '87 - 37 HR/50 SB

Barry Bonds '90 - 33 HR/50 SB

 

 

As for 60 SBs with the most HRs, I'm guessing the conversation starts and ends at Rickey Henderson:

 

28 HR/87 SB ('86)

28 HR/65 SB ('90)

24 HR/80 SB ('85)

19 HR/64 SB (Jose Reyes)

 

 

 

30 HR/60 SB anyone???? :mischief

 

 

 

and another quick thought.. good god Rickey Henderson. Mix those numbers in with an OBP that was always over .400.. man o live.

I think he means how many in total five years from now, or not?

 

...and how many do you think he'll have in a season 5 years from now?

 

Seems pretty cut and dry to me...reading is fundamental.

 

You are a really smart man :thumbup

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.