RVH is simply a stud

He's a "stud" with about a 7.50 ERA who got bailed out by some huge defensive plays tonite.

Nice game for the kid but lets not annoint him Roger Clemens yet.

Some more thoughts.....

Hermida and Borch had some real nice AB's. And of course Hanley's bomb.

Juan Encarnacion proving that even though he and Hermida lead the league in errors for LF, there's a big gap in defensive talent between the two of them (See the piss rod that threw out Jacobs by 10 feet)

He's a "stud" with about a 7.50 ERA who got bailed out by some huge defensive plays tonite.

Some more thoughts.....

Juan Encarnacion proving that even though he and Hermida lead the league in errors for LF, there's a big gap in defensive talent between the two of them (See the piss rod that threw out Jacobs by 10 feet)

RVH is not Clemons but he is a wonderful talent who has a outstanding future ahead of him

Some more thoughts.....

RVH is not Clemons but he is a wonderful talent who has a outstanding futue ahead of him

I hope your right. :)

RVH challenging Pujols forcing a hard groundout to Hanley, walking Duncan, and then promptly sitting down Rolen with a K and getting Encarnacion to fly out with the bases juiced had more to do with his composure than the defense bailing him out sans Hanley in the tightest spot he was in all night.

Did the defense help him out? Sure, but was able to get key outs by himself as much if not more.

That's because Jacobs hit a single. He had no business going to 2nd. Any RF would could have thrown him out. It was just a horrible base running error.

He pitched damn well overall I suppose, but he still gave up waaaay too many walks and hits through only five innings.

His WHIP is a bit troubling at this point but can be expected in some sense. He's a young pitcher and is still getting adjusted at a major league level. That being said, he seems to have a lot of potential and hopefully as time passes he'll settle down a bit and lower his WHIP.

So wait.... do we like RVH this week or not?

I'm kinda out of the loop here

Let's review then. He won. So he is a MGIT. If he loses in his next start he will revert back to garbage and needs to be sent down.

Fine job by the rookie this time out. A little scarey at times with the walks and hits. Pitch count rose quickly. But he showed that his minor league stints are helping him. He is coachable and dosen't have the know-it-all attitude. I also like his composure (I sure hope Scotty was watching this one on TV someplace and taking notes). This was the first time the Cards have ever seen him so it is about what I expected to see, except the high pitch count. That, IMO, was good ABs from the Cards. Working the counts to see as much of him as they could. He should get another start, this one vs the Reds (another team that hasn't seen him) so I would expect more of the same. However, if the pitch count remains high I would start to worry a bit. I don't think he is quite ready, but very close. Throw him out there vs teams that haven't seen him and all should be fine. IF he is here for a 3rd start that will be vs the Giants, another team that hasn't seen him.