Game Thoughts 7/19

-Jacobs needs to learn after the first time

-If Tank is going to be a LOOGY, I'd rather him be in AAA. I COMPLETELY understand not wanting to have him face a righty in a situation like that, but where he is at his point in his career, I'd rather him be in AAA where he can work against against righties.

-Good to see mitre going deep after a rocky start. Hermida did f*** up but he was still very hittable those first two innings.

-Speaking of Hermida...good to see Ross ingame, but hated that he was PH for Hermida. Wood in for Jacobs was also a |: move

-And awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome play by Mitre at first with the ball that bounced of Jacobs. That was great watching it when it happened.

-Willingham is going to be one of the better hitters in the game if he can keep up what he's doing against RHP and go back to crushing LHP. Great eye (near-400 OBP) and great power. I gotta admit I was iffy on him originally but he's something special.

-oh and f*** benitez

-Jacobs needs to learn after the first time

-If Tank is going to be a LOOGY, I'd rather him be in AAA. I COMPLETELY understand not wanting to have him face a righty in a situation like that, but where he is at his point in his career, I'd rather him be in AAA where he can work against against righties.

-Good to see mitre going deep after a rocky start. Hermida did f*** up but he was still very hittable those first two innings.

-Speaking of Hermida...good to see Ross ingame, but hated that he was PH for Hermida. Wood in for Jacobs was also a |: move

-And awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome play by Mitre at first with the ball that bounced of Jacobs. That was great watching it when it happened.

-Willingham is going to be one of the better hitters in the game if he can keep up what he's doing against RHP and go back to crushing LHP. Great eye (near-400 OBP) and great power. I gotta admit I was iffy on him originally but he's something special.

-oh and f*** benitez

yea, i'm kinda gettin sick of that

we stink i think this home stand has finally made realize there is no run coming this team falls somewhere in between bad and average , very undiscipline it many respects this teams seems more like the team composed of 20 rookies as opposed to last year team ....3 of the worst teams in baseball and cant even go 7-3 at home i bet we finish 5-5 ...pathetic

Mando 1ip 4h 4ER ...ball game

It hurts, but it happens. Our bullpen (aside from Julio) hasn't blown a ton of games this year, so we were due (if you want to think of it that way). But as big a fan as I am of his, Benitez's inconsistency is worrisome.

yea for sure. Thinking of his last few starts, they have been hairy. Leadoff walks, multiple men on base, if you ask me this was comming sooner or later.

Did Hermida f*** up again?

The answer to that question is yes unless:

1). The Marlins had a day off

2). Hermida had a day off

3). Both

Yes that's correct. In particular, if anybody missed it because it was early on in the game, in the top of the 1st, mitre induced a short fly ball to right field with 2 outs, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Knowing its hermida out there, i immediately cringed in my seat. Now i won't even hold him responsible for not catching the ball because (a) he f***ing sucks in the field (b) it wasn't the easiest ball to catch but should be routine for somebody who starts every day in the major leagues to at least field it. So, then after he started back initially and then had to come forward (obviously, like every other ball) he stopped because i guess he didnt think he would catch it (DUH). When i saw him slowing up I didnt like it but figured he was just playing it safe so the ball wouldnt get by him and he would come up with a strong throw home preventing the runners from scoring.

Well again that proved to be way too much for Jeremy Hermida. In typical sh*thead fashion, he didnt get the ball cleanly and it went behind him almost to the wall if not all the way and both runners on base scored. How many times has this happened this year? This a-hole screws up in the field multiple times a week and he continues to play. I really dont even fault him anymore because Fredi probably doesnt even say a word to him. Im not saying Fredi should get in his face but do something, hermida cannot think this is just part of the game, that its okay, and itll work itself out (Fredi's philosophy for everything)

Even worse, it was not even ruled an error by the retard official scorer. that is a total travesty. So mitre got f**ked, shouldve had no earned runs, and a better chance to win it himself. Maybe if not for hermida's continued bullsh*t, mitre couldve extended himself and saved us from mando. or the 4 runs wouldve cut the deficit but not the lead.

the reds got 3 runs right off the bat when they shouldve ended the 1st inning scoreless, and beat us by 2. worst loss in weeks and thats saying something.

THANK YOU JEREMY YOU F**KING SUCK

Hermida misplayed the ball, but to say it was a surefire out in Pro Player in right, with the sun out there early, is foolish. I don't think that was an automatic out by any means.

Mando wasn't good tonight but the pitch selection was atrocious. He got a lot of batters 0-2 on fastballs and kept going with the heat, I don't think I saw one splitter from him. What's even worse was that after the first three batters reached, no one got up in the pen, hell, for the entire 8th inning no one was up. Big time finger of shame on that one.

Hermida misplayed the ball, but to say it was a surefire out in Pro Player in right, with the sun out there early, is foolish. I don't think that was an automatic out by any means.

Mando wasn't good tonight but the pitch selection was atrocious. He got a lot of batters 0-2 on fastballs and kept going with the heat, I don't think I saw one splitter from him. What's even worse was that after the first three batters reached, no one got up in the pen, hell, for the entire 8th inning no one was up. Big time finger of shame on that one.

It wasn't an automatic out whatsoever but if he keeps it in front of him, he saves a run. Benitez's selection was awful. As you said, he tried to burn every hitter out with a fastball. That may be his out pitch but you have to change speeds after you throw two in a row.

It wasn't an automatic out whatsoever but if he keeps it in front of him, he saves a run. Benitez's selection was awful. As you said, he tried to burn every hitter out with a fastball. That may be his out pitch but you have to change speeds after you throw two in a row.

exactly, the fact it went to the wall was the worst part

im sorry this just bothers me so much, i have to say more

swift, i know you are very knowledgable and you have been posting on this board long before i even knew it existed. i respect your opinion and you were one of the few posters that i knew by username before i started posting because i frequently agreed with you and could tell you knew what you were talking about.

im not saying you dont in this case, but lets just get this straight. hermida's play had nothing to do with it being an automatic out, a hard out, or an easy out. it had to do with him not letting the ball race behind him and allowing the runners to score like he does twice a week. please dont call me or anyone foolish for saying an everyday starter in the major leagues should keep a ball like that in front of him. i ask because i know you are intelligent and it really really bothers me when intelligent marlins and baseball fans let hermida off for his typical bs like that. thank you.

I agree that Hermida should have kept it in front of him, but to throw this game on his shoulders is, again, foolish.

Mitre allowed the entire first inning to be a 2 out rally.

Mando allowed the entire 8th inning to be an 0-2 rally.

And even then, Jeremy went 1-2 with a walk and a run scored, I don't think he lost this game for us by any stretch. Fact of the matter, as cliche as it is, the Reds wanted it more and played like it.

i was there tonight and im sad to say that armando benitez has had 3 bad outings for the fish this year....the two at home against the braves and the one today in which i saw all 3. in those 3 outings he pitched a combined 1.1 innings for 10 runs...but honestly he has been very good otherwise and Justin Miller could not be any better right now