Parking Rate Increase Rescinded

The Sun-Sentinel, offering only a single sentence on the subject says parking prices for 2008 will remain at $10.00 rather than the $15.00 previously announced.

I guess someone explained to Wayne if he wanted to continue ripping off Marlins fans with the worst food in major league baseball, he'd do better not scaring so many away he didn't get his pound of flesh this season. After all, he's counting on the Marlins to make their annual contribution to world-class Dolphin football. :D

But this good news. Enjoy.

I like shea, its what a ballpark should be....loud, spacious and a dump.

not to mention the flight patterns and the 1900 worlds fair outside and you got a winner...

or atleast a real ballpark.

Wayne Huizinga can suck my ass. That craterfaced prick embodies all that is wrong with professional sports.

Chris

ripping off Marlins fans with the worst food in major league baseball

Have you ever been to Shea?

Give me an Arepa over that entire catastrophe of a stadium.

I'm with you. There is some pretty good food at Joe Robbie. You just have to be selective. A couple of really good sandwich spots on the 100 level, but usually only open Friday-Sunday. And if you haven't been on the 200 level since they opened the new areas then you are really missing out on some good eats. Not to mention that large screen TV with the waterfall in front of it. Still trying to talk the wife into letting me make one at home.

The drop in parking prices is good news for most. That's been a pretty hot topic. I guess Wayne made enough off the Dolfans parking to pay for the other half of the stadium to be completed. Wasn't it $25 for the priveledge of walking over a mile?

I'm with you. There is some pretty good food at Joe Robbie. You just have to be selective. A couple of really good sandwich spots on the 100 level, but usually only open Friday-Sunday. And if you haven't been on the 200 level since they opened the new areas then you are really missing out on some good eats. Not to mention that large screen TV with the waterfall in front of it. Still trying to talk the wife into letting me make one at home.

The drop in parking prices is good news for most. That's been a pretty hot topic. I guess Wayne made enough off the Dolfans parking to pay for the other half of the stadium to be completed. Wasn't it $25 for the priveledge of walking over a mile?

In New England the parking ranges from 35-55. The 35 is about a mile away and you ahve to cross 5 lanes of traffic. Luckily it is always bumper to bumper, but it still sucks. I used to work at Gillette for school raising money and we had free parking passes but we had to walk forever and it sucked.

Yeah, there is some decent food at the 100s. And the food at the 200s, deliciosa.

Well, this is great news, thats a savings of like $200 for me.

Yeah, there is some decent food at the 100s. And the food at the 200s, deliciosa.

Well, this is great news, thats a savings of like $200 for me.

We got the parking passes this year. Mainly because of the increase. So it really dosen't do a thing for us except reduce the amount we were going to save. But I still find it good news.

H. Wayne donot want make marlins fans mad he want cash to come in

there is always a guy on forum who talks so horribly it takes forever to read posts. Is there some sort of secret alliance?

It happens.

And I don't see a problem with it.

nor do I, I just find it funny, every forum I am on has a person who makes posts impossible to read and understand. Either or purpose or by accident.

Non-season ticket prices are going up now though according to the PBP. The Marlins have made it really difficult for people who decide to go to a game on a whim. Individual ticket sales are increasing and it is more expensive to buy tickets at the gate on gameday.

I don't know if it'll result in more season ticket plans being sold but it sounds like a reasonable idea to increase the guaranteed advance ticket sales. It takes out the factor of the fans deciding not to go because the weather doesn't look good that day. If you have paid in advance you are more inclined to go and risk it rather than if you haven't spent the money yet obviously. With the array of ticket plans available for all budgets, it could potentially be a good move by the Marlins.

H. Wayne donot want make marlins fans mad he want cash to come in

there is always a guy on forum who talks so horribly it takes forever to read posts. Is there some sort of secret alliance?

It happens.

And I don't see a problem with it.

nor do I, I just find it funny, every forum I am on has a person who makes posts impossible to read and understand. Either or purpose or by accident.

Most times I find those type posts are from someone with some type of handicap. Mental or physical. One person that used to post alot on another board was deaf and it was real hard at times to understand what she was trying to say because of the spelling. But I applaud anybody that is a true fan and dosen't do some name calling or threats in every other post. Whether directed at players, team officials, or other posters.

Non-season ticket prices are going up now though according to the PBP. The Marlins have made it really difficult for people who decide to go to a game on a whim. Individual ticket sales are increasing and it is more expensive to buy tickets at the gate on gameday.

I don't know if it'll result in more season ticket plans being sold but it sounds like a reasonable idea to increase the guaranteed advance ticket sales. It takes out the factor of the fans deciding not to go because the weather doesn't look good that day. If you have paid in advance you are more inclined to go and risk it rather than if you haven't spent the money yet obviously. With the array of ticket plans available for all budgets, it could potentially be a good move by the Marlins.

I can see how it is probably a better business move for them, but I was speaking on behalf of people like myself (and probably you too) who only attend games periodically for whatever. This doesn't even need to apply to out of state fans, either. Obviously, however, that is far from the center of their market.

With 5.000 season ticket packages sold again this year, that is the reason...

"We feel that there should be a significant difference between the price of an individual-game ticket and that same ticket for a season-ticket holder or partial season-ticket holder,'' Marlins vice president P.J. Loyello said. "If you want to secure the cheapest tickets ... become a season- or partial season-ticket holder.'' ...

To me it makes perfect sense. And I think game day tickets and prime game tickets should be a bit more. But I am biased. It dosen't affect me. Also, it does say in that article that the Marlins are ranked 26th when it comes to average ticket price.

I can see how it is probably a better business move for them, but I was speaking on behalf of people like myself (and probably you too) who only attend games periodically for whatever. This doesn't even need to apply to out of state fans, either. Obviously, however, that is far from the center of their market.

"We feel that there should be a significant difference between the price of an individual-game ticket and that same ticket for a season-ticket holder or partial season-ticket holder,'' Marlins vice president P.J. Loyello said. "If you want to secure the cheapest tickets ... become a season- or partial season-ticket holder.'' ...

To me it makes perfect sense. And I think game day tickets and prime game tickets should be a bit more. But I am biased. It dosen't affect me. Also, it does say in that article that the Marlins are ranked 26th when it comes to average ticket price.

Some of us can't afford it, sadly. I am going to try to get the 10 ticket flex though to save myself a little money. I would go for the 15 or 25, but I don't want to be limited to only Friday and Saturday games.

Some of us can't afford it, sadly. I am going to try to get the 10 ticket flex though to save myself a little money. I would go for the 15 or 25, but I don't want to be limited to only Friday and Saturday games.

Great idea. The only way to go. I really don't understand why even the casual fan dosen't do that. And if you run out you can buy those flex plans for most of the season. When the big move happens and we can no longer attend as many games as we do, that is what we are planning.