Parade Headcount

MiRi

Parade.....Downtown....Tuesday morning (11am)

Who's going?

Let me know. We're meeting up at MDCC by Building 1 in front of the BIG BLACK X at 8am. If you don't arrive by 8:15, we're leaving without you. So, if you plan on meeting us there, let us know so we have an idea.

Any questions? PM me.

Guest marlins02

cant skip it, i wish i could. i hate that f***ing class. failed midterm so i got to take that weekly quiz and do the actual lab work. i dont want to take that class again

Im confused. Some say it starts in Bayfront Park and some say it ends in Bayfron Park.

Can someone give me all the details? Where does it start? Where does it go through? Where does it end? And most importantly.When is the best chance to get autographs?

Of it starts and ends in the same place...

They just go in circles...

:lol :lol :lol

Here's the article with OFFICIAL word about the parade.

Marlins return to parties, parades

CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATIONS

Marlins return to parties, parades

BY OSCAR CORRAL

[email protected]

The world champion Marlins will be saluted in no fewer than three parades Tuesday in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and they will be hailed at their arrival today.

After winning the World Series with Saturday night's victory, the team was scheduled to leave New York this afternoon and arrive at Fort Lauderdale Jet Center sometime around 5 p.m., general manager Admin Beinfest said.

The first Miami parade will shut down traffic along Flagler Street from Interstate 95 to Biscayne Boulevard on Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Any vehicles parked on the street after 7 p.m. Monday night will be towed.

The parade on Flagler starts at 11 a.m. and will head east to Biscayne Boulevard, where it ends with a ceremony at Bayfront Park at noon. City and county officials plan to greet players at the park. Bottles, cans, coolers, chairs and umbrellas will not be allowed, city officials said.

After the Bayfront ceremony, around 1:30 p.m., another parade will begin at Southwest 27th Avenue and Eighth Street. It will head east to Southwest Sixth Avenue, shutting down traffic along Eighth Street as it passes.

Starting at 4:30 p.m., another celebration -- a boat parade -- will be held along downtown Fort Lauderdale's Riverwalk. The Andrews Avenue Bridge and the Southeast Third Avenue Bridge will close for about 10 minutes between 4:45 and 5:30 p.m. to allow the boats to pass.

All boat traffic will be stopped from the Southwest Seventh Avenue Bridge to the Tarpon River from 4:30 p.m. until the parade ends. Boats will not be allowed to proceed with the parade and there will be no boat docking allowed along the parade route.

The celebration is expected to feature Marlins players, coaches and other staff riding in high-performance boats.

People who want to watch the boat parade should start lining up at 4:30 p.m. on both sides of the New River between Las Olas and Southeast Sixth Street.

The 21-boat salute and parade will start at the mouth of the New River at the Intracoastal Waterway, and move upriver to Las Olas Riverfront.

The parade will be followed by a celebration party at Riverfront Park at 5 p.m, featuring Marlins players, music and food.

Herald staff writer Kevin Deutsch contributed to this report.

So essentially, the Flagler parade starts at Flagler & NW 2nd Ave, heads east to hit Biscayne, then heads north and ends at Bayfront Park. Got it?

The Calle Ocho parade starts at SW 27th Ave and heads east and ends at SW 6th Ave.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm extremely tempted to go to this "celebration party" at Riverfront Park in Ft. Lauderdale.