Fish = Buyers???

CyggyMarlin

I think they should be moderate buyers, not looking to get a big named guy, but a guy who will help. Remember the Marlins didn't make huge deals in 03', they made smart ones, Jeff Conine, Ugueth Urbina, and Lenny Harris, are not big names. But it is early, and if they continue to stay in 1st, which I think they will for longing than people think, then they should go for it. Though, I really don't want Jacque Jones, I'd rather them get Edmonds. :lol

There isn't really anything to buy right now

There will be an attainable end of contract SP if needed and they could get a legitimate rent-a-player for CF. I also think we should pad saves onto Greg and use him to steal a real prospect from somebody because we have like 6 guys that can close.

If we were buyers I have compiled a listing of all 2009 free agents that maybe seeing their final days with their current teams. Players we can potentially acquire include the following:

Catcher: We can try and snag our old friend pudge from Detroit.

Centerfield: Mark Kotsay Anyone? What about Juan Encarnacion?

Starting Pitching: Call me crazy but I think we should be all over C.C Sabathia if we are contenders come july 31st

If we were buyers I have compiled a listing of all 2009 free agents that maybe seeing their final days with their current teams. Players we can potentially acquire include the following:

Starting Pitching: Call me crazy but I think we should be all over C.C Sabathia if we are contenders come july 31st

I's agree with you, only if we don't have to pay them their whole salary.

But right now, I'm good with what we have.

I's agree with you, only if we don't have to pay them their whole salary.

But right now, I'm good with what we have.

Sabathia is a free agent at the end of the year I believe. So if they were to trade for him, the marlins would get him for 2 months at 3.6 million (remaining portion of his contract).

However, its waaay to early. Cleveland is .500 right now and a half game from first place. Also, 7 out of the marlins 22 wins have been against Washington.

Juan Encarnacion's career is likely over. He got hit in the eye with a linedrive in the batters box last year. Destroyed his vision.

Anyway, I think it's way too early to be talking about any of this, and even if we are in the race, don't expect big names like those guys.

Just thought I'd mention Eulogio De La Cruz has put up back to back seven inning shut-outs posting 19 strikeouts with only three walks. He started off slowly but really appears to be coming on strong in a hitter's paradise, the PCL.

Point being there are some internal options emerging that conceivably could become part of the team by the ASB or stand tall as quality tradebait. I think back to the Marlins front office comments that as many as six of the seven players that came over the Detroit trade could see Major League time in 2008, and it (or something very close to it) might very well turn out to be true.

Like Ramirez' deal lights a fire under a corps of Marlins regulars, seeing Miller and now Badenhop flourishing in the bigs has to get the attention of a number of other players who have even more reason to think they can make it there as well.