Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Randomish Thoughts and Questions

Featured Replies

Who thinks Cody Ross is now doing enough with the bat to be given the CF role permanently rather than a platoon situation with Jones and/or Amezaga?

 

Early days I know, but who would rather not see Jacques Jones in a Marlins uniform ever again?

 

And anyone else had enough of Rabelo?

I just don't like the fact he gave Gonzalez a day off when we could have won the series. He's one of the hottest hitters on the team.

Despite the fact that Cody has been hitting bombs, I feel the Marlins would be better off with a platoon of Alfredo and Ross in CF. As for Jones he's still making adjustments and still could be useful as a spot starter in the outfield, but until he starts hitting he probably shouldn't play on a regular basis. Last but not least Rabelo, catching is weak all through the Marlins system is Hoover or Baker or Davis the answer? I think not unless the Marlins make a trade for a catcher it won't matter who the back-up is when you have a back-up as a starter in Treanor.

I said it a month ago (maybe 3 weeks) that I am more comfortable with Ross, even hitting what he was, than Amezaga. At the plate, you know Cody has a chance to hit while I am always negative with Amezaga at the plate, especially in an important situation. Cody has made the new fan club proud.

Also, I feel that if we do make a move or two for a a playoff push, one of the positions that we must address is centerfield.

Who thinks Cody Ross is now doing enough with the bat to be given the CF role permanently rather than a platoon situation with Jones and/or Amezaga?

 

Early days I know, but who would rather not see Jacques Jones in a Marlins uniform ever again?

 

And anyone else had enough of Rabelo?

That has been my mantra all season, Cody should be given the chance to play daily. Fredi has a boner for Amezaga for some strange reason. I don't mind Rabelo he has been ok

Rabelo has been crap. I can't stand him for some reason. I'd rather Olivo behind the plate with his inability to catch a fast ball down the middle of the plate.

 

Rabelo offensively and defensively has been very disappointing. The long term catching situation on this team remains unresolved

Rabelo has been crap. I can't stand him for some reason. I'd rather Olivo behind the plate with his inability to catch a fast ball down the middle of the plate.

 

Rabelo offensively and defensively has been very disappointing. The long term catching situation on this team remains unresolved

 

I think Torre Langley is a good prospect.

Still want to see a little more of Jacque myself. Cody is tearing it up, really like when he is in the lineup.

 

I agree 100% about Rabelo though, Treanor is doing a decent job.

No, I think that we should platoon Jones and Ross for awhile. Eventually Jones will come around.

 

I am really not liking Rabelo. He hasn't contributed much to this team at all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.