Post game 6/12

We have Dan Uggla and Wes Helms on the bench....and Fredi sends in Robert Andino. Yeah, it may have not made a big difference, but its still a really stupid move no matter how you look at it. Andino should only play if he's the last person available.

I would argue that it could have made a big difference. Helms is 4-6 with a homer vs Moyer.

We have Dan Uggla and Wes Helms on the bench....and Fredi sends in Robert Andino. Yeah, it may have not made a big difference, but its still a really stupid move no matter how you look at it. Andino should only play if he's the last person available.

Uggla is 2-21 lifetime against Moyer. It was a good night to give him off heading into Tampa.

Uggla is 2-21 lifetime against Moyer. It was a good night to give him off heading into Tampa.

...and it was wrong to start Amezaga in place for him when he hasn't gotten a hit against a lefty since...a long time.

Helms is 4-6 with 2 HR's lifetime against Moyer. Why not give him a start at 3B, and give Cantu the start at 2B?

Lets just look at the positive, guys.

Scott Olsen looked VERY GOOD tonight. His fastball was clocked at 93 mph ONCE, and he pitched well against a tough Phillies' lineup. Hopefully, Tucker follows the performances of Nolasco, Miller, and Olsen tomorrow. Would be nice to get a little competition going.

We took 2 of 3...9 game road trip now. Just gotta continue playing hard, that's all. Moyer was on his game tonight (as he usually is against young inexperienced teams, like the Marlins).

...and it was wrong to start Amezaga in place for him when he hasn't gotten a hit against a lefty since...a long time.

Helms is 4-6 with 2 HR's lifetime against Moyer. Why not give him a start at 3B, and give Cantu the start at 2B?

Agreed on both counts. Just saying Uggla sitting didn't bug me.

Scott Olsen looked VERY GOOD tonight. His fastball was clocked at 93 mph ONCE, and he pitched well against a tough Phillies' lineup. Hopefully, Tucker follows the performances of Nolasco, Miller, and Olsen tomorrow. Would be nice to get a little competition going.

We took 2 of 3...9 game road trip now. Just gotta continue playing hard, that's all. Moyer was on his game tonight (as he usually is against young inexperienced teams, like the Marlins).

Exactly. Yea, it was a crappy loss tonight, but I tend to look at the bright side.

Oh well, moving on. Let's get ready for Tampa.

Inexperienced?.Our lineup is not inexperienced.

Overall, I feel good about the series (as we took 2 of 3 and gained a game on the Phillies). We held Philly to just 3 runs a game. Hopefully, we slowed up their offense for their upcoming series. They have a horrible road to the all-star break (STL, BOS, LAA, OAK, TEX, ATL, NYM, STL, ARI). Only two of those team (division rivals Mets and Braves) have records under .500.

I'm hoping we can play well enough to catch up to them.

Really?

Aside from Luis Gonzalez, I believe EVERY PLAYER is under 30, at least (and even if Treanor and Amezaga are not under 30, they are not good hitters, to begin with).

But to rephrase it for you...it's not a patient lineup. Happy now?

Really?

Aside from Luis Gonzalez, I believe EVERY PLAYER is under 30, at least (and even if Treanor and Amezaga are not under 30, they are not good hitters, to begin with).

YOU.............ARE....................AN....................IDIOT.Being under 30 doesn't make a player inexpierenced.

I like that.

Really?

YOU.............ARE....................AN....................IDIOT.Being under 30 doesn't make a player inexpierenced.

While I almost never agree with you, I will go with the fact that, in our lineup, 4 players are in their 3rd seasons, 3 are in their 4th, and one is in their 18th (guess who).

While that's not a very experience lineup, they are hardly "inexperienced". We don't even have any rookies on our bench.

this was a great series for the marlins, great pitching against a TOP 5 offense in the league, and some flashes of nice D, esspecialy in the 2 game. now lets just head to tampa and try to win the series

Agreed on this.

I'd be really happy for a series win in Tampa Bay, especially with how good the Rays are doing.

I'd also like to see a 6-3 or 7-2 road trip.

Be very nice. (I'd take 5-4, long as it's a winning trip)

Really?

As I said...I was a little overboard with "inexperienced." I then told you it was not a very patient lineup.

And then I said "happy now?" And now I will leave b/c discussing stuff with you, is pointless. You look for an argument in every little thing...I hope we don't go on another losing streak...Retro_Marlins, the pessimist, might come back. Nice to see you're neutral these days.

those 2 runs shouldn't have come in but oh well.......

at least we won the series and off to tampa!

you know how people use to say Moises Alouuuuuuuuuuu when he would bat i was thinking why not jorge Cantuuuuuuuuuuuuu lol just a little thought like the co-dy co-dy thing.

Come on Cardinals beat dem phillies!!!!!!!