Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/20 Post Game

Featured Replies

The bullpen won this game.

How does 0 WALKS sound???

 

Pinto getting Howard was HUGE.

Then Nelson, Gregg, and Lindstrom each did GREAT.

Waechter pitched around an error (should've been a hit, imo)...but he also gives us a scoreless inning.

 

Seems like the All-Star Break really helped the pen, for this series.

By far the biggest win of the year, that just sets the tone for the homestand, and the season series vs. the Phillies. This was the turning point in these teams seasons. Whoever won this one, has a bunch of momentum, and the Fish have it. Cody is the man, and Amezaga did great.

What was all that talk not too long ago about not being able to play with the Mets and Phillies? :brigginbounce

 

What a great game and you had to know when Cantu walked to the plate he knew what he was going to do. Not to belabor the point but he has a damn good baseball mind, he understands the situation he finds himself in and responds accordingly. No one is perfect this is after all a game where failing two out of three times translates into stardom, but as a Marlins fan I felt confident he'd find a way to get a run home. I can't say that about too many other Marlins.

Good things happen when Cody Ross goes opposite field. Actually, good things happen when Cody Ross is in the game. Same swing, same spot in right-center as when he hit the walk-off shot off Cordero.

 

And holy crap, Hermida laid down a sac bunt single instead of killing the rally. And the bullpen was solid. Progress.

 

btw I just talked to BJack on the phone...he tells me Linda Robertson responds to e-mails so get to writin'! And you think the Herald is going down? The Palm Beach Post will be laying off 200 soon. And for the haters --BJack likes the Marlins. A lot.

PHILLIES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

"Boo? F*** You!" Chase Utley

You know, I'm not a Phillies fan, but I definately liked Utley a bit more after that...Just sayin...

Btw, I was really surprised Hermida hustled down the 1B line.

That was actually very important b/c if Hermida is out, it's a totally different situation. Cantu wouldn't have gotten a chance to win the game. Would've been up to Helms (or Hammer, who was on the bench) with the bases loaded, and 1 out.

Good things happen when Cody Ross goes opposite field. Actually, good things happen when Cody Ross is in the game. Same swing, same spot in right-center as when he hit the walk-off shot off Cordero.

 

And holy crap, Hermida laid down a sac bunt single instead of killing the rally. And the bullpen was solid. Progress.

 

btw I just talked to BJack on the phone...he tells me Linda Robertson responds to e-mails so get to writin'! And you think the Herald is going down? The Palm Beach Post will be laying off 200 soon. And for the haters --BJack likes the Marlins. A lot.

 

Well then, I hope she replies to mine, cuz I would like to see what she says.

Gettng more love on BBTN -- I hope the Phils/Mets beat each other up this series and the Marlins have a chance to take a sole first place lead.

Gettng more love on BBTN -- I hope the Phils/Mets beat each other up this series and the Marlins have a chance to take a sole first place lead.

 

Yeah, Kruk said he "forgot" that Josh Johnson was coming back, so that's why it took him so long to acknowledge the Marlins as contendors. I bet he's clueless that Anibal Sanchez is waiting in the wings.

Gettng more love on BBTN -- I hope the Phils/Mets beat each other up this series and the Marlins have a chance to take a sole first place lead.

 

Yeah, Kruk said he "forgot" that Josh Johnson was coming back, so that's why it took him so long to acknowledge the Marlins as contendors. I bet he's clueless that Anibal Sanchez is waiting in the wings.

 

 

I wonder if he "forgot" he has a neck... It has been missing longer than JJ.

 

Anyways great win today...definitely sets the tone for the second half now we just have to take care of the braves!

Fantastic win. everything went right today. and its good to hear that we're getting love from BBTN. Can any one imagine how good our rotation would be when sanchez comes back? wow!

This division is ours. And I got 4 reasons why: Scott Olsen, Ricky Nolasco, Josh Johnson, and Chris Volstad.

Btw, I was really surprised Hermida hustled down the 1B line.

That was actually very important b/c if Hermida is out, it's a totally different situation. Cantu wouldn't have gotten a chance to win the game. Would've been up to Helms (or Hammer, who was on the bench) with the bases loaded, and 1 out.

 

Yes, I "THINK" and do firmly believe Fredi said something to him during the All-Star break about keeping his effort up and not giving up on routine ground balls I hate it when I see guys casually trot up the first base line as if it is a sure out.

 

If our bullpen pitches like this the rest of the year we win the division no doubt in my mind.

 

Still, it's too early for those talks.

 

TURNING POINT: Howard's bases loaded ground out, I said to myself after the out "They (Marlins) are going to win this game"

Yea it was good game especially cuz i hate the phillies. for anyone who attended yesterdays game did you see the billy skits? I found using the phillies jersey as a mop the best one lol

Yea it was good game especially cuz i hate the phillies. for anyone who attended yesterdays game did you see the billy skits? I found using the phillies jersey as a mop the best one lol

 

 

Those were pretty funny. They did the same thing on Friday. I liked the one where they used the jersey as a napkin the best.

What was all that talk not too long ago about not being able to play with the Mets and Phillies? :brigginbounce

 

What a great game and you had to know when Cantu walked to the plate he knew what he was going to do. Not to belabor the point but he has a damn good baseball mind, he understands the situation he finds himself in and responds accordingly. No one is perfect this is after all a game where failing two out of three times translates into stardom, but as a Marlins fan I felt confident he'd find a way to get a run home. I can't say that about too many other Marlins.

I totally agree with you there. I wish more of our players had the same approach at the plate.

What was all that talk not too long ago about not being able to play with the Mets and Phillies? :brigginbounce

 

What a great game and you had to know when Cantu walked to the plate he knew what he was going to do. Not to belabor the point but he has a damn good baseball mind, he understands the situation he finds himself in and responds accordingly. No one is perfect this is after all a game where failing two out of three times translates into stardom, but as a Marlins fan I felt confident he'd find a way to get a run home. I can't say that about too many other Marlins.

I totally agree with you there. I wish more of our players had the same approach at the plate.

 

 

Honestly that was a terrible pitch b the phils pitcher up 0-2 and he threw a very hittable ball credit to cantu for being ready and driving it.

Yea it was good game especially cuz i hate the phillies. for anyone who attended yesterdays game did you see the billy skits? I found using the phillies jersey as a mop the best one lol

 

 

I love those. They had a funny one with the Nationals too. They should make the one that someone runs out of toilet paper on the john and has to use a Mets jersey. They would never do that I'm sure, but one can dream :lol

 

And Kruk can STFU and stop trying to jump on our bandwagon (not that his fatass could make it).

 

As for tomorrow: VIVA LA VOLSTAD!!

Yea it was good game especially cuz i hate the phillies. for anyone who attended yesterdays game did you see the billy skits? I found using the phillies jersey as a mop the best one lol

Yeah, they do that for all the division rivals. I've been taking pictures of the scoreboard when they show it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.