Maybin, Baker, Hanley...

Hollyberry

I like the way our top of the order is shaping up. Maybin's speed, Baker's paitence, Hanley's power... what a wonderful would :notworthy .

i believe the phrase is "what a wonder World

but yeah, i do say that is a nice lineup, and when Coughlen and Raynor enter the big leagues, we have even more speed on the team

I like the way our top of the order is shaping up. Maybin's speed, Baker's paitence, Hanley's power... what a wonderful would :notworthy .

but yeah, i do say that is a nice lineup, and when Coughlen and Raynor enter the big leagues, we have even more speed on the team

Sorry a typo.

You're both wrong. It's "what a wonderful world." :cool

damn, brain fart, i didn't even finish the word :banghead

Maybin would be out of place in the lead off spot, just like Hanley is. Those guys are gonna be huge middle of the line up hitters who make everyone around them better. You don't put hitters like that in the lead off spot.

Well, I gotta say that it's awesome having the most productive leadoff hitter in baseball.

Maybin would be out of place in the lead off spot, just like Hanley is. Those guys are gonna be huge middle of the line up hitters who make everyone around them better. You don't put hitters like that in the lead off spot.

They're our best options.

Considering Raynor isn't here next year (which, barring a blowup in spring training, he won't be) who do you suggest?

That may be true down the road, but I don't think it would be a terrible idea to have him bat leadoff in his rookie year. He's not likely to be one of the top power guys yet so why not bat him leadoff and see if you can get him to take swings like we saw last night?

And I know speed isn't a huge factor, but batting him leadoff would take the most advantage of that.

(This is assuming Hanley doesn't bat leadoff by the way)

Eh, order doesn't matter too much to me I guess.

Baker is great at #2, he's an on-base type of guy. Sure it'd be better if he had some more speed but that's ok. I wouldn't start the season with Sanchez at 2, there's no need to put someone who is untested in the majors there, when we know Baker can get the job done. Later in the year, sure why not.

I also pray that Hermida won't return next year. He's been a major bust.

Personally if maybin can keep this good eye hes got i like him in the leadoff spot then baker cause he will give maybin cahnces to steal and he has the best eye on the team plus late in the game it gives you that righty lefty righty. 4 spot cantu 5 uggla then what ever you guys want.

Does Maybin's stance bother any one else i realize hes hitting with it but i was watching a college game one time and Brain jordan from the braves was saying this one tall kid who crouched down so low was losing alot of power and he should stand taller. I guess maybin did this to cut down on his swing and if hes gonna be a leadoof guy im fine with it.