Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9/20/08 Post Game Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

5 out of WC 5.5 in east. Mets choke please. Even if they get the PO they cant do anything their pen will kill thme let us go baseball gods.

Of course not, all the early errors didn't help, but we did at the end what we do best, we rallied, and we did tie the game up, but there was an umpire there, and he made the wrong call, cost us a game in the standings that may lead to the inevitable end of our season

 

 

Maybe if Uggla hits the ball out of the infield (which he's done well in those situations this year...not really a knock on him)...Bucknor doesn't even have to make a call.

 

It was a bang-bang play (which we KNOW was safe...b/c of instant replay...something Bucknor didn't have). It's part of the game.

Was I the only one who rejoiced after Maybin's foul tip hit CB Bucknor?

 

Should I feel guilty for doing so?

 

I mean...It's not like he got seriously hurt or anything :mischief

 

 

Read the game thread, u certainly were not the only one who did, and it was the heat of the moment reaction

You deserve to lose when you can't score a run with 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. Yeah Cantu was safe on the replay, but out according to Bucknor he was out (terrible call, but still an out). Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall. McPhearson was trying to be the hero by swinging for the fences and looked foolish. Nevertheless, it was fun watching these guys battle and feel the intensity. Like everyone else said the winning streak starts tomorrow!

Was I the only one who rejoiced after Maybin's foul tip hit CB Bucknor?

 

Should I feel guilty for doing so?

 

I mean...It's not like he got seriously hurt or anything :mischief

You are not the only one dude. Heck the fans at the ballpark didn't pity him.

Of course not, all the early errors didn't help, but we did at the end what we do best, we rallied, and we did tie the game up, but there was an umpire there, and he made the wrong call, cost us a game in the standings that may lead to the inevitable end of our season

 

 

Maybe if Uggla hits the ball out of the infield (which he's done well in those situations this year...not really a knock on him)...Bucknor doesn't even have to make a call.

 

It was a bang-bang play (which we KNOW was safe...b/c of instant replay...something Bucknor didn't have). It's part of the game.

 

And the funny thing is this is exactly like the SD vs Denver game, it is more because of the bad rule, not the call itself. They need to have some sort of replay for that kind of play, just like Football needs to let a play continue after a whistle is blown

Was I the only one who rejoiced after Maybin's foul tip hit CB Bucknor?

 

Should I feel guilty for doing so?

 

I mean...It's not like he got seriously hurt or anything :mischief

 

It's not a nice thing to think about but you weren't alone. :mischief

You deserve to lose when you can't score a run with 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. Yeah Cantu was safe on the replay, but out according to Bucknor he was out (terrible call, but still an out). Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall. McPhearson was trying to be the hero by swinging for the fences and looked foolish. Nevertheless, it was fun watching these guys battle and feel the intensity. Like everyone else said the winning streak starts tomorrow!

 

Are you seriously gonna blame McPherson, a guy who hardly gets any playing time? He got a great pitch to hit and missed it. That's what happens when Fredi keeps trotting out Wes Helms and Luis Gonzalez and the others as pinch hitters but uses a guy like McPherson very sparingly. He's not going to have his timing down. And the one time you do bring him in the game, its versus the one closer in baseball to not blow a save. Yeah, that's really fair.

Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall.

 

 

You've gotta be kidding me, man.

Saying he fell to earth after 2 AB's is almost as ridiculous as calling him an MVP after 10 AB's.

I cant believe Lidge might finish this season without blowing a save.

 

 

He didn't deserve that save opportunity

Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall.

 

 

You've gotta be kidding me, man.

Saying he fell to earth after 2 AB's is almost as ridiculous as calling him an MVP after 10 AB's.

 

 

he means that he finally relized that he wasn't in little league anymore, and that nobody can battin .800, he didn't mean he will become a horrible major leaguer now, he just said that he finally learned that u aren't always going to be the hero

I cant believe Lidge might finish this season without blowing a save.

 

 

He didn't deserve that save opportunity

 

What?

I cant believe Lidge might finish this season without blowing a save.

 

 

He didn't deserve that save opportunity

 

What?

 

 

I mean Lidge did do his job, congrats to him. But that should've been a normal relief appearance trying to keep the game tied in the 9th, not a save chance

Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall.

 

 

You've gotta be kidding me, man.

Saying he fell to earth after 2 AB's is almost as ridiculous as calling him an MVP after 10 AB's.

 

 

he means that he finally relized that he wasn't in little league anymore, and that nobody can battin .800, he didn't mean he will become a horrible major leaguer now, he just said that he finally learned that u aren't always going to be the hero

 

 

Thanks that is exactly what I meant. Relax Erik he's had more than 2 at bats if I don't recall he had 4 tonight and struck out 3 times. Not every post of your is gospel either. There are others that have opinions too bro!

I had a great time at the ballpark today even though we lost, the crowd was great.

 

Just a question was Cantu safe at home? I couldn't see the replay.

I had a great time at the ballpark today even though we lost, the crowd was great.

 

Just a question was Cantu safe at home? I couldn't see the replay.

 

 

read this entire board, and u will get ur answer in the sh*tloads

You deserve to lose when you can't score a run with 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. Yeah Cantu was safe on the replay, but out according to Bucknor he was out (terrible call, but still an out). Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall. McPhearson was trying to be the hero by swinging for the fences and looked foolish. Nevertheless, it was fun watching these guys battle and feel the intensity. Like everyone else said the winning streak starts tomorrow!

 

Are you seriously gonna blame McPherson, a guy who hardly gets any playing time? He got a great pitch to hit and missed it. That's what happens when Fredi keeps trotting out Wes Helms and Luis Gonzalez and the others as pinch hitters but uses a guy like McPherson very sparingly. He's not going to have his timing down. And the one time you do bring him in the game, its versus the one closer in baseball to not blow a save. Yeah, that's really fair.

 

Are you illiterate? Did you read anywhere in my post that I was blaming McPherson? "McPherson was trying to be the hero by swinging for the fences and looked foolish." The word blame is nowhere to be found. I don't care if Lidge is the best closer in baseball. I don't think the Marlins team did either. Oh, and by the way life aint fair either or else we would of got that call from the umpire to tie the game. Just so you know I am a McPhearson fan so relax.

Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall.

 

 

You've gotta be kidding me, man.

Saying he fell to earth after 2 AB's is almost as ridiculous as calling him an MVP after 10 AB's.

 

 

2 AB's? Were you watching the same game as me? If I don't recall he had 5 AB's with 1 hit and 4 strike outs. Sure give him the MVP for his last 10 AB's excluding this game he was that good!

Was I the only one who rejoiced after Maybin's foul tip hit CB Bucknor?

 

Should I feel guilty for doing so?

 

I mean...It's not like he got seriously hurt or anything :mischief

You are not the only one dude. Heck the fans at the ballpark didn't pity him.

I was in the club section, as me and AdrianneLove won Matt Treanor's jersey, and the people up there started clapping and laughing.

 

So no, it wasn't just you.

Cameron Maybin fell to earth and it was a hard fall.

 

 

You've gotta be kidding me, man.

Saying he fell to earth after 2 AB's is almost as ridiculous as calling him an MVP after 10 AB's.

 

 

2 AB's? Were you watching the same game as me? If I don't recall he had 5 AB's with 1 hit and 4 strike outs. Sure give him the MVP for his last 10 AB's excluding this game he was that good!

Dude, it was one game. Come on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.