If the Marlins had kept Cabrera

Joe Girardi

Well for one, it would of likely signaled the apocalypse as Loria would of actually spent money instead of shoveling it into his pocket.

That said, I like that we got Maybin and Miller, but while both have potential, both are projects, and the rest of the pieces in that trade are mediocre at best. I didnt think it was one of Beinfest's best trades back then and I still dont. But he was handcuffed by the MLB's resident carpet bagger so I dont really fault him. It wasnt a great trade by any means and is still not even a good trade, so that is my first problem with the question you posed. 2 projects with potential and 4 scrubs for a pitcher who had an admittedly bad year but still had(has) the skills to rebound and one of the best hitters in the game does not equal good trade.

And you will always get a good haul for a player such as Miguel Cabrera, my 2nd problem with the question you posed.

Well for one, it would of likely signaled the apocalypse as Loria would of actually spent money instead of shoveling it into his pocket.

That said, I like that we got Maybin and Miller, but while both have potential, both are projects, and the rest of the pieces in that trade are mediocre at best. I didnt think it was one of Beinfest's best trades back then and I still dont. But he was handcuffed by the MLB's resident carpet bagger so I dont really fault him. It wasnt a great trade by any means and is still not even a good trade, so that is my first problem with the question you posed. 2 projects with potential and 4 scrubs for a pitcher who had an admittedly bad year but still had(has) the skills to rebound and one of the best hitters in the game does not equal good trade.

And you will always get a good haul for a player such as Miguel Cabrera, my 2nd problem with the question you posed.

Projects? Do you mean prospects?

While I agree that it wasn't the best trade possible, Bienfest did what he could with what he was given and I, personally, don't regret the trade happened. I think Maybin will be a great player and I can't wait to see him grow, Miller has yet to prove himself so I'm not really sure what can be said about him and Cantu was phenomenal this year.

While I agree that it wasn't the best trade possible, Bienfest did what he could with what he was given and I, personally, don't regret the trade happened. I think Maybin will be a great player and I can't wait to see him grow, Miller has yet to prove himself so I'm not really sure what can be said about him and Cantu was phenomenal this year.

No, I meant projects. Granted, they are prospects as well, but projects at the same time. Maybin has trouble with breaking pitches and Miller was rushed.

He means projects because they still in the learning phase and Cantu wasn't part of the trade. lol

No, I meant projects. Granted, they are prospects as well, but projects at the same time. Maybin has trouble with breaking pitches and Miller was rushed.

I agree with you on Miller, but I wouldn't call a guy who couldn't legally drink at the start of a season a "project".

Am I the only one who thinks De La Cruz can become quite a solid big league reliever?

Well, De La Cruz haven't proven him self. But from what he has shown us, he will only be a below average RP.

Haha, usually when you say one negative sentence about someone, and the second sentence starts with "But," you expect the second sentence to be at least somewhat positive. Not here - "He hasn't been that good. But, he's not that good."

Terrible question, because you don't know what Cabrera's stats would've been against NL pitching

What are you talking about? DH affect pitchers, not hitters.

If Cabrera stayed with the team, we would had 4 infielders with 30+ HR.

He was talking about trade value, and if Cabrera had to face NL pitching, he most likely would've had completely different stats. That is why it is stupid to ask if we kept him could we have made just a good of a trade

Terrible question, because you don't know what Cabrera's stats would've been against NL pitching

He was talking about trade value, and if Cabrera had to face NL pitching, he most likely would've had completely different stats. That is why it is stupid to ask if we kept him could we have made just a good of a trade

So it' terrible to start any hypothetical question, like "Can Mark Prior help our bullpen?", because we can't tell the future?

Ridiculous.

Yea but thats not really important and was a difference of 1 HR for Cantu to have 30.

But id rather have a guy who can produce offesivly and play good defensivley for less money then a guy who will hit a few more hr and a few more RBI with a lot more errors for as much as 3 Times more money.

So it' terrible to start any hypothetical question, like "Can Mark Prior help our bullpen?", because we can't tell the future?

Ridiculous.

damnit