More Rumors

Erick

cabrera will whoop gregg no question.....gregg will punch miggy 2 times and everyone will think gregg is going to win, as gregg goes for the knockout he misses the punch, then all of a sudden all his punches are missing and Miggy comes back and knocks gregg out.....yep das how i see it all happen gregg blowing fights like he blows saves :thumbup

Yeah, he never saved any games. :rolleyes:

LOL

Ship him to Motown so Miggy can bodyslam his ass

First off, that would require Miggie to get up. Doubt it.

Second off, I would put my money on on the 6-6 wall of muscle that is Kevin Gregg in that fight.

Well, what if we were to say Kevin Gregg waltzes into the Detroit locker room on his first day with a baker's dozen of fresh from the oven Krispy Kreme donuts? Would Miggy then get up and tackle Kevin in a donut-crazed frenzy? I'd take Cabrera in that situation. But even if that were to happen, I'd have to say the donuts would take more damage than Kevin.

Now, let's say Kevin walks in with the same donuts, but this time, as Miggy gets up, Kevin pulls out a gun and holds it against the Krispy Kreme box. Kevin now has the upperhand, rendering Miggy useless as Miggy drops to his knees and begs for Kevin to spare the donuts. Kevin then proceeds to kick his ass as the other teammates raid the donut box. Kevin takes that fight, no question.

These are extreme circumstances, but we must look at all the possibilities. Oh the things I come up with on a Thursday with nothing to do in the middle of nowhere Japan...

Tracy Ringolsby believes Brian Fuentes has offered himself to the Mets for $44 million over four years.

He also writes that executives with Cleveland and St. Louis indicated they would be interested only in a one- or two-year deal with the free agent left-hander. Fuentes is certain to get at least three years, and the Mets may be the favorites for his services.

Rotoworld

So you mean teams want a closer only for 1 year! And we get two draft picks when we let him save 30 games!

This is like candy from a baby when it happens. And yes, I steal candy from babies because candy is delicious.

Tracy Ringolsby believes Brian Fuentes has offered himself to the Mets for $44 million over four years.

He also writes that executives with Cleveland and St. Louis indicated they would be interested only in a one- or two-year deal with the free agent left-hander. Fuentes is certain to get at least three years, and the Mets may be the favorites for his services.

Rotoworld

So you mean teams want a closer only for 1 year! And we get two draft picks when we let him save 30 games!

This is like candy from a baby when it happens. And yes, I steal candy from babies because candy is delicious.

Mmmmmm. Of course it may have something to do with the fact that Fuentes is already 33, whereas KG is only 30, so they may want him for longer. But the likelihood is still that that is a positive sign.

Insert [emoticon of Homer Simpson with that drooly face he makes when he thinks about something delicious] here.

Rotoworld

Ya shoulda said something earlier, Lou. I just today gave the remainder of my Holloween candy away to one of my regular customers. Good stuff, too.

First off, that would require Miggie to get up. Doubt it.

Second off, I would put my money on on the 6-6 wall of muscle that is Kevin Gregg in that fight.

Well, what if we were to say Kevin Gregg waltzes into the Detroit locker room on his first day with a baker's dozen of fresh from the oven Krispy Kreme donuts? Would Miggy then get up and tackle Kevin in a donut-crazed frenzy? I'd take Cabrera in that situation. But even if that were to happen, I'd have to say the donuts would take more damage than Kevin.

Now, let's say Kevin walks in with the same donuts, but this time, as Miggy gets up, Kevin pulls out a gun and holds it against the Krispy Kreme box. Kevin now has the upperhand, rendering Miggy useless as Miggy drops to his knees and begs for Kevin to spare the donuts. Kevin then proceeds to kick his ass as the other teammates raid the donut box. Kevin takes that fight, no question.

These are extreme circumstances, but we must look at all the possibilities. Oh the things I come up with on a Thursday with nothing to do in the middle of nowhere Japan...

LOL

cabrera will whoop gregg no question.....gregg will punch miggy 2 times and everyone will think gregg is going to win, as gregg goes for the knockout he misses the punch, then all of a sudden all his punches are missing and Miggy comes back and knocks gregg out.....yep das how i see it all happen gregg blowing fights like he blows saves :thumbup

LOL

if u really wanna get techinical he saved games but he sucked alot and blew 8 games, which would have gotten us in the post season, anyways the moral of the story is 2 trade kevin gregg because he sucks, i rather get a random person each game from the audience then have him close

LOL

if u really wanna get techinical he saved games but he sucked alot and blew 8 games, which would have gotten us in the post season, anyways the moral of the story is 2 trade kevin gregg because he sucks, i rather get a random person each game from the audience then have him close

At least it would be more entertaining.

Playing hurt is part of the game and can't be a convenient truth a player trots out when he underperforms, but when people speak to Gregg's blown saves last season, it really does (for me anyways) have to be in the context of his knee problems - how many blown saves were because he pitched poorly, and how many were the result of his knee injury causing him to pitch poorly.

The mistake in my estimation was to not have it attended to as soon as the season ended instead of waiting until the first week of November. That move will cost the Marlins and himself next year. But if the doctors' reports are good I don't know that Gregg's trade value will necessarily take the hit others think it will.

:thumbup

lol let me remind you that kevin gregg is a monster and way more athletic than cabrera. he would drop cabrera in 10 seconds. and I dont get why we dont just bring gregg back as a set up man.....i think he does a lot better in that role.

$5 million, that's why.