All Signs Point to Maybin Being Sent Down

Add on to the last post. In keeping with the thread title, it's going to be interesting to see what happens come Tuesday. Maybin, Carroll, someone else, or trade. I can see the advantages and disadvantages with any of those options. I sure would like to be around Beinfest, Hill, Flemming, and Jennings the next few days to see what they are doing behind the scenes. Because the bottom line is, it dosen't matter what we think. They are the brain trust.

That's not really an interesting decision at all.

There is no choice between Maybin & Carroll.

Carroll sucks offensively.

Maybin is still a legit prospect.

Maybin goes down to get the playing time.

That simple.

BTW, after his straight 3rd game on the bench, it's pretty obvious he's going down when they call up Ani's replacement.

What if we end up sliding one of our LR options from the pen to the rotation for Tuesday? We could continue carrying an extra man on the bench until Miller returns on the 16th. At this point, I don't see how anyone in AAA is a better option than Badenhop. Perhaps it would be delaying the inevitable with Maybin, but it still allows us to carry an extra man while giving the FO more time to look at Coghlan and decide who to send down.

BTW, after his straight 3rd game on the bench, it's pretty obvious he's going down when they call up Ani's replacement.

What if we end up sliding one of our LR options from the pen to the rotation for Tuesday? We could continue carrying an extra man on the bench until Miller returns on the 16th. At this point, I don't see how anyone in AAA is a better option than Badenhop. Perhaps it would be delaying the inevitable with Maybin, but it still allows us to carry an extra man while giving the FO more time to look at Coghlan and decide who to send down.

If that was the plan, I don't think that Maybin would be seeing so much bench.

If that was the plan, I don't think that Maybin would be seeing so much bench.

True. Starting Amezaga over Maybin against a left hander wasn't a good sign either. It will be interesting to see who they call up although I still feel Badenhop is the best option from within the organization.

I don't think it could be any more clear after this game that Maybin doesn't belong in the majors right now. I still think the team completely screwed up by falling in love with Bonifacio when Maybin was an obvious choice to bat leadoff if he was gonna be on the major league team at all. Just another reason why I don't feel bad for not having watched a lot of these games this year.

I don't think it could be any more clear after this game that Maybin doesn't belong in the majors right now. I still think the team completely screwed up by falling in love with Bonifacio when Maybin was an obvious choice to bat leadoff if he was gonna be on the major league team at all. Just another reason why I don't feel bad for not having watched a lot of these games this year.

This. The unwarranted infatuation with Bonifacio all through the offseason and into spring training was enough to make up for his inferior numbers. I remember a point during the offseason when there were two or three articles a week coming out and commending Bonifacio before he had done anything. I still have trouble letting a move that horrible go.

I'm not excusing Maybin's performance this year, but you can't tell me he wasn't affected by the 8-hole and being passed over for leadoff by a future utility man when he had clearly earned it.