Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeff Conine

Featured Replies

Needs to replace either Rich or Tommy after this season and take over the booth full time. Just my opinion :D

Yeah....Conine doesn't seem to a kind of "broadcasting" guy....he just doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm....very even keel. I like Tommy.

He's doing a fine job for someone just starting. I'm sure he's pretty nervous.

 

Of course he can't compete with Hutton. Tommy is one of the best color guys in the business.

 

 

 

I'd say that's going a bit too far.

He's doing a fine job for someone just starting. I'm sure he's pretty nervous.

 

Of course he can't compete with Hutton. Tommy is one of the best color guys in the business.

 

 

 

I'd say that's going a bit too far.

Not a chance.

 

There's the one man Vin Scully show several notches above everyone but other than that, the Waltz/Hutton combo is one of the best in the business.

 

Who is the competition?

Not a chance.

 

There's the one man Vin Scully show several notches above everyone but other than that, the Waltz/Hutton combo is one of the best in the business.

 

Who is the competition?

 

 

I don't think it's something that can be argued due to the subjectivity of it. It's not fair to look at TV ratings (for obvious reasons), so unless there is some kind of harris poll out there ranking the different baseball announcers, the only thing to really go by is personal opinion. You either think Waltz & Hutton are one of the best, or you don't.

Jeff Conine is as boring and dull in the broadcast booth as he was on the field.

 

Tommy, hurry back!

 

 

:|

Jeff Conine is as boring and dull in the broadcast booth as he was on the field.

 

Tommy, hurry back!

 

Faaaaaaaaaaantastic.

I thought Conine was horrible. All he could talk about was Jamie Moyer and how old and good he was. For him being a Marlins broadcaster, you would have thought he had a fettish with Jamie Moyer and wanted the Phils to win. I was disappointed.

So Niner wasn't that great, but I wouldn't mind a team of three in the booth. I think Niner would bring some unique insight to the telecast, even things that Tommy won't recognize because Conine actually played for this franchise. I have the utmost respect for Conine...forever Mr. Marlin! I wonder what Hanley's iconic nickname will be?

"Mr. Marlin" seems to have a personality/excitement/liveliness factor that's somewhere between that of a toilet seat and a dial tone.

 

Perhaps he'll get better (it being impossible to get worse) as time goes on, but meanwhile I'd rather listen to Craig, and listening to Craig ranks only above fingernails on a blackboard.

 

Hutton can't return soon enough. With any luck, someone, anyone, in the FO will have an out-of-town project that urgently needs the immediate attention of their "special assistant." It's bad enough watching a miserable game without having to listen to miserable, nonexistent "color" commentary.

I thought Conine was horrible. All he could talk about was Jamie Moyer and how old and good he was. For him being a Marlins broadcaster, you would have thought he had a fettish with Jamie Moyer and wanted the Phils to win. I was disappointed.

 

 

Well, Niner was a Phillie for about a month in 2006 :mischief

 

But really, a good broadcaster gives credit where it is due for the opposing team, and Moyer certainly pitched a gem tonight. So Conine did well in that regard.

I thought Conine was horrible. All he could talk about was Jamie Moyer and how old and good he was. For him being a Marlins broadcaster, you would have thought he had a fettish with Jamie Moyer and wanted the Phils to win. I was disappointed.

 

 

Well, Niner was a Phillie for about a month in 2006 :mischief

 

But really, a good broadcaster gives credit where it is due for the opposing team, and Moyer certainly pitched a gem tonight. So Conine did well in that regard.

Well, Tommy was a Phillie for 6 years.

 

But yeah, I agree with you. I don't see at all what Niner did wrong on that regard.

 

He just has no personality when doing color.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.