Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buyers ( : or Sellers ) :

Featured Replies

Have no trade value

 

especially hermida

 

 

 

Uggla's trade value has gone down, but I wouldn't say he has no trade value. He's just had a down year, but his last 3 years have been .800+ .OPS years. He gives you very nice offensive production for a 2B. I'm sure a team like SF would be interested. Of course, we might not get better this year by trading him, so yeah.

the last calender year his numbers have been awful. if we could trade uggla in some sort of trade and get a guy like bumgarner or alderson then i do it in a heartbeat

 

 

Yeah, well that's really unlikely now.

if we have to add in another player or so thats fine, that kid is amazing

Have no trade value

 

especially hermida

 

 

 

True. Besides, the Hermida/BC platoon is working out fine.

anybody with an opinon on a deal to get kennedy?

 

 

he'd be no better than bonifacio or coghlan, really.

Take it for what it's worth, but I just saw something recently of teams that inquired about Halladay (and the Giants were one) and Bumgarner was "off-limits" so... if you wouldn't move him in a deal for Halladay, there's no way we get him....

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

I'd still like to have Arthur Rhodes and Josh Willingham back for their play and their affordability, and it's not sour grapes or anything like that, I just think they both, for unique reasons, would be good fits down the stretch for the Marlins. And it appears they are both available to one degree or another.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

 

 

Same. I really don't see us as a big enough contender to make a big move.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

 

all we need is a quality bat at 2nd or 3rd and a 5th starter and we are set. its really is all on the offense. how the other site thinks im an idiot when i said uggla is useless is beyond me.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

I quite agree. No reason to mess with our system before 2011-2012 for new stadium opening

I agree with not being buyers right now. To me, a line-up of Maybin, Coghlan, Hanley, Stanton, Morrison, Dominguez, Gaby (Not sure who else would play 1st), and Skipworth (If he ever starts hitting)is more exciting and worth the wait instead of trying to improve what is on the field right now.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

 

all we need is a quality bat at 2nd or 3rd and a 5th starter and we are set. its really is all on the offense. how the other site thinks im an idiot when i said uggla is useless is beyond me.

So...tempting...

 

Ok, I mean this with all due respect, but the smartass part of me just won't let this opportunity pass.

 

 

It's quite obvious that a lot of thing are beyond you. /joke

 

 

In all seriousness though, we need more than a 5th starter. We have questions about our 4th starter who has had 2 starts, we have question about our 3rd starter who is giving up home runs like a pitching machine, and our 2nd starter has been ridiculously inconsistent, only having 2 quality starts all month, those being against the crappy offenses of the Pirates and the Padres.

 

And we've talk enough about the Uggla thing, so I'm not going into that.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

 

all we need is a quality bat at 2nd or 3rd and a 5th starter and we are set. its really is all on the offense. how the other site thinks im an idiot when i said uggla is useless is beyond me.

So...tempting...

 

Ok, I mean this with all due respect, but the smartass part of me just won't let this opportunity pass.

 

 

It's quite obvious that a lot of thing are beyond you. /joke

 

 

In all seriousness though, we need more than a 5th starter. We have questions about our 4th starter who has had 2 starts, we have question about our 3rd starter who is giving up home runs like a pitching machine, and our 2nd starter has been ridiculously inconsistent, only having 2 quality starts all month, those being against the crappy offenses of the Pirates and the Padres.

 

And we've talk enough about the Uggla thing, so I'm not going into that.

nolasco has been great since hes come back, and volstad has been very good this year, just has hotten hut by the long ball and that should be just an abberation as he has never given up many homers throughout the minors. vanden hurk has been good his first 2 starts so lets call him the 5th starter right now, then we need a quality veteran arm in the rotation who isnt going to be great, but will be consistent and that is what we would get from a guy like brad penny.

 

and will you get off of ugglas ass. sure he ges plenty of walks boosting his obp, but for a guy who is supposed to be a great hitte, he has been terrible. he is hitting .216 with risp and .196 with risp w/ 2 outs. Not to mention he is a bad fielder. he also hasnt had a meaningful hr since the baltimore series and hasnt had a meaningful rbi in that span either. fact is he is just a guy who walks a lot this season. he has done absolutely nothing. plus the fact that he is getting paid 5 million to be this horrible which is f***ing a lot to a team like the marlins, and he is dragging this team down both with his play and his contract. i say move him for what ever you can get and get a veteran presene in the lineup that can hit leadoff, 2nd, or 5th.

Personally, i don't think we have to be buyers to still have a shot at the playoffs. Call up Maybin and let him start. It'd be like getting a quality bat through a trade.

I still think that the combo of Maybin and Gaby could have a positive influence on our team and freshen things up in a way which solidifies our position as a playoff contender. Obviously they will not have the same impact as say acquiring a guy like Matt Holliday as the Cards did, but if the young duo are given an opportunity (seems like the main problem as Gaby is being unfairly treated thus far) then we should be in the race to October until the end.

I still think that the combo of Maybin and Gaby could have a positive influence on our team and freshen things up in a way which solidifies our position as a playoff contender. Obviously they will not have the same impact as say acquiring a guy like Matt Holliday as the Cards did, but if the young duo are given an opportunity (seems like the main problem as Gaby is being unfairly treated thus far) then we should be in the race to October until the end.

 

 

Yeah, This.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

 

all we need is a quality bat at 2nd or 3rd and a 5th starter and we are set. its really is all on the offense. how the other site thinks im an idiot when i said uggla is useless is beyond me.

So...tempting...

 

Ok, I mean this with all due respect, but the smartass part of me just won't let this opportunity pass.

 

 

It's quite obvious that a lot of thing are beyond you. /joke

 

 

In all seriousness though, we need more than a 5th starter. We have questions about our 4th starter who has had 2 starts, we have question about our 3rd starter who is giving up home runs like a pitching machine, and our 2nd starter has been ridiculously inconsistent, only having 2 quality starts all month, those being against the crappy offenses of the Pirates and the Padres.

 

And we've talk enough about the Uggla thing, so I'm not going into that.

nolasco has been great since hes come back, and volstad has been very good this year, just has hotten hut by the long ball and that should be just an abberation as he has never given up many homers throughout the minors. vanden hurk has been good his first 2 starts so lets call him the 5th starter right now, then we need a quality veteran arm in the rotation who isnt going to be great, but will be consistent and that is what we would get from a guy like brad penny.

 

and will you get off of ugglas ass. sure he ges plenty of walks boosting his obp, but for a guy who is supposed to be a great hitte, he has been terrible. he is hitting .216 with risp and .196 with risp w/ 2 outs. Not to mention he is a bad fielder. he also hasnt had a meaningful hr since the baltimore series and hasnt had a meaningful rbi in that span either. fact is he is just a guy who walks a lot this season. he has done absolutely nothing. plus the fact that he is getting paid 5 million to be this horrible which is f***ing a lot to a team like the marlins, and he is dragging this team down both with his play and his contract. i say move him for what ever you can get and get a veteran presene in the lineup that can hit leadoff, 2nd, or 5th.

For that first Uggla line, how about yo go f*** youself? I've realized that you don't care about reality and that nothing can be said for you to change your "ideas", especially when it comes to defense. Noone is arguing that he's having a good season, but to call him useless and say we should now "move him for whatever" is dumb.

 

And Noly hasn't been great. He was incredible when he came back in June, but this month had a horrible start against a bad Arizona offense, and bad start against a good Phillie offense, and two good starts against the terrible Pirates and Padres offenses. And even with the Padres, he was just throwing pitches out of the zone all day and his night was ended the moment they stopped chasing every single pitch and he loaded the bases in the 7th. Now, I think that he'll get it done because I'm a fan of his, but to say there's nothing to question there is daft.

 

And then Volstad, he's only 22, so seeing him getting hit harder with every start now that he's in his first full season is something to worry about.

 

And RVH, we don't even know if he's fit to be in our rotation yet. He had a good start against the Pads (who hasn't) but barely made it into the 5th inning last night.

 

We also have a terrible 3B (both offense and defense), a middle infielder who's falling off playing LF, a non-improving Hermida playing RF, the streakiest man in baseball playing CF, and falling production from our catchers, who are also bad defensively. As an offense we've been scoring runs somehow, despite leaving small villages on the basepaths night after night. At least our bullpen doesn't suck anymore.

 

I just depressed myself.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

 

all we need is a quality bat at 2nd or 3rd and a 5th starter and we are set. its really is all on the offense. how the other site thinks im an idiot when i said uggla is useless is beyond me.

So...tempting...

 

Ok, I mean this with all due respect, but the smartass part of me just won't let this opportunity pass.

 

 

It's quite obvious that a lot of thing are beyond you. /joke

 

 

In all seriousness though, we need more than a 5th starter. We have questions about our 4th starter who has had 2 starts, we have question about our 3rd starter who is giving up home runs like a pitching machine, and our 2nd starter has been ridiculously inconsistent, only having 2 quality starts all month, those being against the crappy offenses of the Pirates and the Padres.

 

And we've talk enough about the Uggla thing, so I'm not going into that.

nolasco has been great since hes come back, and volstad has been very good this year, just has hotten hut by the long ball and that should be just an abberation as he has never given up many homers throughout the minors. vanden hurk has been good his first 2 starts so lets call him the 5th starter right now, then we need a quality veteran arm in the rotation who isnt going to be great, but will be consistent and that is what we would get from a guy like brad penny.

 

and will you get off of ugglas ass. sure he ges plenty of walks boosting his obp, but for a guy who is supposed to be a great hitte, he has been terrible. he is hitting .216 with risp and .196 with risp w/ 2 outs. Not to mention he is a bad fielder. he also hasnt had a meaningful hr since the baltimore series and hasnt had a meaningful rbi in that span either. fact is he is just a guy who walks a lot this season. he has done absolutely nothing. plus the fact that he is getting paid 5 million to be this horrible which is f***ing a lot to a team like the marlins, and he is dragging this team down both with his play and his contract. i say move him for what ever you can get and get a veteran presene in the lineup that can hit leadoff, 2nd, or 5th.

 

Trading Uggla now would be stupid. His value is to low. Letting him build it up during the second half of the season, then trading him in the off season would be the smartest move. Unless, of course, a team offers a very good deal for him.

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

 

all we need is a quality bat at 2nd or 3rd and a 5th starter and we are set. its really is all on the offense. how the other site thinks im an idiot when i said uggla is useless is beyond me.

 

What we need is Bonifacio traded along Maybin, and Miller to the Jays for Halladay, and let Gaby take over 3rd base... This would make us the perfect team!

To be honest, if I'm Admin Beinfest, I'm not a buyer at the trade deadline. I know this sounds silly being 3.5 out of the wildcard, but I have my reasons.

 

I kinda feel that way too. This team is flawed in many ways so I'm very pensive about making a big investment that hurts our future.

 

 

all we need is a quality bat at 2nd or 3rd and a 5th starter and we are set. its really is all on the offense. how the other site thinks im an idiot when i said uggla is useless is beyond me.

 

What we need is Bonifacio traded along Maybin, and Miller to the Jays for Halladay, and let Gaby take over 3rd base... This would make us the perfect team!

 

That's maybe half of what the Jays want for Halladay and would be a stupid trade anyway because they'd also want either West, Morrison or Stanton to go along with them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.