Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post Game 09/25/2009

Featured Replies

this game was one that make us feel like going bar drink alot we have won our closer to death oh did it again so what your feeling about this game ???

or other thing mets want to do same thing we did too them last year

 

It's not even close to the same thing. The Mets had a good chance of making the playoffs, we had like a 98% chance of not making they playoffs before the arrived.

I was at the game, great atmosphere, first marlins vs mets games that I truly felt we outnumbered met fans by a lot. Really deflating loss. I witnessed and participated in the longest wave ever at a Marlins game. Even though it was a tough one to swallow this has been a great season.

I was at the game, great atmosphere, first marlins vs mets games that I truly felt we outnumbered met fans by a lot. Really deflating loss. I witnessed and participated in the longest wave ever at a Marlins game. Even though it was a tough one to swallow this has been a great season.

 

I agree. I thought it was going to be the regular Mets stuff but those were mostly Marlins fans cheering for our team. When the wave started and Ricky had a nice inning, the crowd was as loud as I've ever heard it at a Fish game. It was awesome, despite the loss.

or other thing mets want to do same thing we did too them last year

 

 

Yeah, I was thinking about that BEFORE the game. And its the last 2 years. I guess what goes around really does come around and payback really is a bitch. Any other applicable cliches that I'm forgetting?

I was at the game, great atmosphere, first marlins vs mets games that I truly felt we outnumbered met fans by a lot. Really deflating loss. I witnessed and participated in the longest wave ever at a Marlins game. Even though it was a tough one to swallow this has been a great season.

 

I agree. I thought it was going to be the regular Mets stuff but those were mostly Marlins fans cheering for our team. When the wave started and Ricky had a nice inning, the crowd was as loud as I've ever heard it at a Fish game. It was awesome, despite the loss.

 

 

X3, Hanley's home run was crazy, one shot and we were already back in the game. The wave was cool I gotta admit. But losing the game that we should've and easily could've one still bugs me.

 

Leo has done this way too often late this season. We've gotta find ourselves an older, semi established closer next year in free agency if we want to compete.

I was at the game, great atmosphere, first marlins vs mets games that I truly felt we outnumbered met fans by a lot. Really deflating loss. I witnessed and participated in the longest wave ever at a Marlins game. Even though it was a tough one to swallow this has been a great season.

 

I agree. I thought it was going to be the regular Mets stuff but those were mostly Marlins fans cheering for our team. When the wave started and Ricky had a nice inning, the crowd was as loud as I've ever heard it at a Fish game. It was awesome, despite the loss.

 

 

X3, Hanley's home run was crazy, one shot and we were already back in the game. The wave was cool I gotta admit. But losing the game that we should've and easily could've one still bugs me.

 

Leo has done this way too often late this season. We've gotta find ourselves an older, semi established closer next year in free agency if we want to compete.

 

I think the starting pitching needs to get better. The bullpen wasn't even close to the problem, in fact they saved us in a lot of ways....eating a ton of innings and saving the leads.

 

I think with a full spring training and establishing an offspeed pitch in the offseason that Lindstrom could be that closer.

BTW, there were 39,031 fans tonight. It wasn't a Super Saturday and we outnumbered Met fans. That's a great sign.

BTW, there were 39,031 fans tonight. It wasn't a Super Saturday and we outnumbered Met fans. That's a great sign.

 

 

That is in itself a victory.

I was kind of hoping that the Marlins would win more games than last year, but its going to be a bit hard now.

 

 

 

You don't think we can win 3 of 8?

I agree the attendance at the game was good made it more exciting with the fewer met fans. nolasco got lucky IMO, someone else had to come in and save him before he got the L. Ross, Coghlan, and other guys got him out of his mess yet again but he wasn't terrible for a few innings. Nunez was somewhat of a surprise to let it go but hes young still needs more time before he can be a closer. Blown save sucked but I'll drink to a +500 season still tonight. Anyone going tomorow?

I agree the attendance at the game was good made it more exciting with the fewer met fans. nolasco got lucky IMO, someone else had to come in and save him before he got the L. Ross, Coghlan, and other guys got him out of his mess yet again but he wasn't terrible for a few innings. Nunez was somewhat of a surprise to let it go but hes young still needs more time before he can be a closer. Blown save sucked but I'll drink to a +500 season still tonight. Anyone going tomorow?

 

He gave up 4 hits and 3 runs in 7 innings. I'll take that every single day.

 

How was he bailed out? Was it because it took the Fish 5 innings to finally have some average offense off a sh*tty pitcher (and pitching staff)?

Nunez is such a douchebag.

I dragged along my friend to the game that really isn't into sports in the least. and he was getting into it. But I told him I was down to leave when the Marlins got up. So we left when the marlins got up 5-3 in the 7th.

Leo is a douche.

BTW, there were 39,031 fans tonight. It wasn't a Super Saturday and we outnumbered Met fans. That's a great sign.

 

 

That is in itself a victory.

 

Disagree. It's the final home series of the year. Against a division rival that most like to ridicule for not living up to their extremely high expectations. It's not a sign of anything.

This must be the final nail in the coffin. Basically no chance of making the playoffs being 5 games back with 8 left to play. Gotta admit it has been a good run, but the key for me would of been to capatalise on getting to 2/3 games out just after we swept the Phillies in early August. We didn't do so and its been a fading, uphill struggle ever since.

I was kind of hoping that the Marlins would win more games than last year, but its going to be a bit hard now.

 

 

 

You don't think we can win 3 of 8?

 

Ah, for some reason I was thinking the Marlins won 86 games last year. It was 84. Though I do remember that they never made up that game against the Nationals, so 85 wins was likely.

BTW, there were 39,031 fans tonight. It wasn't a Super Saturday and we outnumbered Met fans. That's a great sign.

 

 

That is in itself a victory.

 

Disagree. It's the final home series of the year. Against a division rival that most like to ridicule for not living up to their extremely high expectations. It's not a sign of anything.

Last year we got HALF of that. It was also the last series, it was a division rival (Phillies), and it was also on a Friday. You're wrong here Bob.

 

BTW, I didn't see you there Bob.

I think you guys are missing two big defensive issues that really cost us the game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.