Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hanley back to leadoff spot

Featured Replies

interesting. i guess we'll see what happens. too bad maybin still can't hit major league pitching because he'd be our prototypical leadoff hitter followed by coghlan in the 2 hole.

Interesting.

 

I've always been in favor of Uggla following Hanley in the lineup, and while this isn't that, shoehorning a guy hitting .450 in his last ten *games* isn't a bad thing.

 

(courtesy of Joe Frisaro's blog)

 

1) Hanley Ramirez, SS

 

2) Chris Coghlan, LF

 

3) Dan Uggla, 2B

 

4) Jorge Cantu, 3B

 

5) Ronny Paulino, C

 

6) Cody Ross RF

 

7) Gaby Sanchez, 1B

 

8) Cameron Maybin, CF

 

9) Ricky Nolasco, P

I'm not a fan of moving Coghlan out of a spot he was starting to get comfortable in. He hasn't ever done too well in the 2 spot...

 

But I did say Fredi needed to shake things up... I guess this is somewhat of a start.

I like Hanley leading off. I think he feels more comfortable there and will play well. Looking forward to seeing the results!

I'm not a fan of moving Coghlan out of a spot he was starting to get comfortable in. He hasn't ever done too well in the 2 spot...

 

 

I agree,Cogs is finally starting to hit again. You wouldn't think a small move like this would affect him,but it happens all the time in baseball. We'll see

 

I'm not really against the lineup change overall,I think it's worth a try at least.

I don't approve.

 

Stanton is the shake-up this team needs, not line-up changes that entail Hanley Ramirez hitting behind the pitcher.

Reading the replies so far, LOVE the fact that mostly EVERYONE is overalll optimistic in the line up change.... No venom replies so far!!!!

Now that Coghlan is hitting better, I guess Fredi has decided that having a lead off man that isn't struggling is unacceptable.

Enought with thr calls for Stanton (he has his own thread already) There is no SILVER BULLET, think he has tons of potential but he is just on piece if the Machine..

 

Wonder how many of the poster have seen him play or have another legitimate reason to say " I

Hanley is not hitting well may this to get him started on hot streak but not only him not hitting well few other too maybe Fredi think this restart it mets did same with their lineup their have shortstop as leadoff too

i think it could work and i knew that one of the changes would be hanley in the leadoff spot.

 

maybin is still a hole in the lineup who only comes around once every 7 games.

 

hopefully we get going and for once start getting consistent cuz we have not been all year.

 

were 5.5 out now and really need to get a game back.

i think it could work and i knew that one of the changes would be hanley in the leadoff spot.

 

maybin is still a hole in the lineup who only comes around once every 7 games.

 

hopefully we get going and for once start getting consistent cuz we have not been all year.

 

were 5.5 out now and really need to get a game back.

 

The Maybin issue will be corrected shortly *evil grin*

I don't approve.

 

Stanton is the shake-up this team needs, not line-up changes that entail Hanley Ramirez hitting behind the pitcher.

 

 

Just like Hermida was to be the shake-up a few years ago ?;

 

Guys just don't get too, too disappointed if MS isn't a panacea. He looks like he is going to be great, but he cannot by himself cure all the ills of this team. He doesn't pitch and that seems to be our weakest part, especially the bullpen.

Hanley's problems been power lately, so putting him in lead off isn't really going to snap him out of that problem but whatever, its Freddi. Unless maybe him trying to hit too much for power has been his problem lately.

I don't approve.

 

Stanton is the shake-up this team needs, not line-up changes that entail Hanley Ramirez hitting behind the pitcher.

 

 

Just like Hermida was to be the shake-up a few years ago ?;

 

Guys just don't get too, too disappointed if MS isn't a panacea. He looks like he is going to be great, but he cannot by himself cure all the ills of this team. He doesn't pitch and that seems to be our weakest part, especially the bullpen.

 

The bullpen is a weakness, but the offense is the biggest weakness right now. How many times do we see our starting pitchers pitch great only to get no run support?

I'll take whatever will helps us win games. If that's shaking the lineup, so be it. I doubt this lineup will be for long especially with Stanton coming up but I'd love to see the results.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.