6/8 Post Game

Vandenhurk did well. I would actually like to see him come in and pitch 2 innings sometimes.

Volstad looked like the crappy '09 version, just cold serving up home runs again.

and yeah I don't know why you leave Tank in vs the righty. He got Ryan Howard out, count your blessings and get him out of there.

this team can't seem to get any momentum going.

So, so tired of this bullpen. We also got another bad start from a SP, the second in a row.

Something's got to give here. My guess is that Fredi gets fired before we go out and add bullpen help, considering Loria has had him on a short leash even after a strong 2009 season.

Also, this is from Buster Olney himself...

Buster_ESPN: Mike Stanton's 3-for-5 might be the most overlooked debut of a star prospect in recent memory.

That is on this front office. He could have come up on the next home stand, or even in Tampa, but to call him up the same night as Straussberg was just stupid and unfair to Stanton. He never will get this chance back, and its a shame.

So, so tired of this bullpen. We also got another bad start from a SP, the second in a row.

Something's got to give here. My guess is that Fredi gets fired before we go out and add bullpen help, considering Loria has had him on a short leash even after a strong 2009 season.

Then it begs the question, who replaces him ? Bobby Valentine ? OMG NOOOOOOO

It won't be worth it. I don't see this team coming into the playoffs with that bullpen. They have to many pieces needed to fix that. In a perfect world, Pinto would come back and be decent (I think everyone can admit he's not as bad as the crap we've been throwing out there), Meyer and Sanches would be back to "normal" and a middle reliever would be all the team would need. Right now they need everything but a closer. Everything in the bullpen but a closer. Vandy? Maybe he could stick but I'm not counting on that. With that being said, that is to much to ask to change around. I wouldn't want a purge of young talent to fix this bullpen for this year.

The Bad

Errors killed us.

Pitching was way below par.

Fredi should have walked Fransisco in the 8th.

Lots of runners left in scoring position.

The Good

Rick Vanden Hurk

Mike Stanton looked pretty good both at the plate with solid discipline and speed along with good glovework and a strong arm in right field.

We had another high scoring game even though we lost.

Just need to play better baseball both ways and the bullpen needs to pick it up because they have not carried there half of the deal for the most part and a few guys still need to step it up offensively.

Let's hit Halladay hard early tomorrow because if he gets in a groove it's gonna be another long game, and J.J. needs a strong 7 or 8 innings to pick up a win.

Also, this is from Buster Olney himself...

Buster_ESPN: Mike Stanton's 3-for-5 might be the most overlooked debut of a star prospect in recent memory.

This is gonna be like '03 when Lebron got all the Hype but Wade made to the playoffs, yet Lebron still got ROY. I feel the same thing happening with Stanton and Strasburg. Stanton having the better season but the media going into Lebron mode with Strasburg.

Yeah, this season's over. I don't care if its still early. We have no BP except for Nunez and the offense has no concept of situational hitting. I don't know how you can blame Fredi for the BP. All he can do is use the guys that he has.

I'm so disillusioned with this team right now. I'm pleased for Stanton going 3-5 and I'm also pleased Coghlan went 2-5 to continue his resurgence.

Thank f*** the Soccer World Cup starts this Friday because I need a distraction to give me a break from the Marlins for a little bit. It's just becoming so painful to watch this team finally get good starting pitching, but not score runs and then to score runs, but get bad starting pitching. On top of that, the defense and bullpen are just bad most of the time. How can this team really have a chance at winning?

Oh, and I agree with one of the posters above in that I do NOT want to see Bobby Valentine as a Marlins manager. I would cry.

Guest Lissy

Ugh, terrible game.

This pen's garbage but this shouldn't come as a surprise. You'd think 8 runs would be enough to win a game against a team that has struggled to score lately.

On the bright side, Stanton looked great and his future is bright.

There is simply no way I would ever allow Tank to pitch to a right hand hitter with runners in scoring position. But for Fredo, it's simply an impossible situation...who's he going to go to? Buente ? What a mess this bullpen is. Looks like we're headed for last in the division. It's a shame because this team has more than enough front line talent to compere at least for a wild card, but Loria's refusal to spend on a couple of quality bullpen arms has killed our season. I'd say the only thing we can do at this point is trade Uggla for the bullpen arms we lack, move CC to 2nd and call up Morrison to play LF. Other than that, the seasons gone. I love Stanton, so may be that's some solace..but I really expected us to be strong contender this year. Dagnabbit!