New Logo/Uniform Update

4 colors just in the piping? that doesn't even sound like it makes sense. this 4 colors thing is scaring me, and a few people who claimed to have seen it are either saying it's correct or at least they aren't denying it.

I was browsing the sportslogos.net forum. all those dudes are graphic designers, logo/color experts, etc...

one guy who's seen it (supposedly) in response to some long-winded post about green+orange:

"Hate to say it, but almost everything written here is wrong. Brace yourself for what you're going to see on November 11."

and then some other guy:

"My uncle works in the Marlins front office and has seen the new uniforms. I asked him if he could describe them to me. He said that if he did he'd have to "walk me down to the river"... " whatever that means...

4 colors just in the piping? that doesn't even sound like it makes sense. this 4 colors thing is scaring me, and a few people who claimed to have seen it are either saying it's correct or at least they aren't denying it.

I was browsing the sportslogos.net forum. all those dudes are graphic designers, logo/color experts, etc...

one guy who's seen it (supposedly) in response to some long-winded post about green+orange:

"Hate to say it, but almost everything written here is wrong. Brace yourself for what you're going to see on November 11."

and then some other guy:

"My uncle works in the Marlins front office and has seen the new uniforms. I asked him if he could describe them to me. He said that if he did he'd have to "walk me down to the river"... " whatever that means...

I'm start to think we'll be one of those teams that overhauls their uniforms and then is forced to do some major tweaks a few seasons afterwards because nobody is able to grasp the original concept. Case in point, the Washington Nationals changing their look in 2011 after debuting their unis in 2005.

and then some other guy:

I'm start to think we'll be one of those teams that overhauls their uniforms and then is forced to do some major tweaks a few seasons afterwards because nobody is able to grasp the original concept. Case in point, the Washington Nationals changing their look in 2011 after debuting their unis in 2005.

The Nationals really haven't changed their look since moving to DC. They've made some uniform changes, but the colors and logos have mostly remained the same. Not much has changed except the road script and the 2011 home uniforms that feature the patch on the chest (which is a derivation of the various alternate uniforms they've had over the years). It's not uncommon for teams to make these types of revisions every couple of years, unless you hold all teams to the standards of the Yankees.

When I think of getting a "new look" I think of what the Diamondbacks have done once and the Rays have done twice.

and then some other guy:

I think the piping will be close to what you see in the Oklahoma City NBA team. In that case it isn't too obnoxious.

However, I still prefer it when a team restricts itself to 1-2 colors.

and then some other guy:

I think it involves you putting cement shoes and being thrown in. I think you should do it . Make sure you post here first though. There'll be a special award for you in the next MB.com awards for making the ultimate sacrifice. :mischief.

and then some other guy:

In other words it's all rumor, thanks.

and then some other guy:

I think it involves you putting cement shoes and being thrown in. I think you should do it . Make sure you post here first though. There'll be a special award for you in the next MB.com awards for making the ultimate sacrifice. :mischief.

I think it is reference to the Miami river. What was found there before? Indian remains right? Any artifacts? What colors were used?

So many people know people who work for the Marlins.

Ask them to sneak a picture. :glare

The "I know someone who knows someone" stories are usually taken for what they're worth, but knowing Loria's crappy taste in art, I have no doubt in my mind that they'll be wearing a multi-colored piece of crap next year.

Huh?

The "I know someone who knows someone" stories are usually taken for what they're worth, but knowing Loria's crappy taste in art, I have no doubt in my mind that they'll be wearing a multi-colored piece of crap next year.

Huh?

The man has horrible taste. There's no denying that...

Huh?

Yeah, Loria's appreciation of Grooms has me a bit worried.

However, he does like a lot of modern and contemporary masters, such as Picasso, Miro, and Leger, who are absolutely great artists. But what makes those great artists isn't necessarily the "beauty" of their works, but rather the concepts that they introduced to revolutionize painting and sculpture.

let alone the remarkable fact that an art collector likes Picasso, this is a motherf***ing baseball team. keep this art bulls*** out of it all together.

like, instead of capitalizing on the teal, they're switching up the colors + logo. fine. but instead of switching it to something clean, simple, and marketable that could build the Marlins as a brand nationally, they're going to turn it into some colorful mess. the logo's probably going to look like a Jackson Pollock piece

uuuuugh

Huh?

I audibly groan every time I see that. We have this awesome, modern stadium and will have this monstrocity in CF popping up practically every time Stanton comes up to bat. We're going to be the laughing stock of baseball (though, I think we already are, so why change now?)

I mean, why the hell are there pelicans and sea gulsl on this? We're the f-ing Marlins, yet there are only 3 on there along with 7 birds.

When I took a tour of the stadium I asked about the hr feature. The way the guide described it looks nothing like that picture. Although there are going to be lasers hitting whatever jumps out.

yeah, I mean, if you look at the picture it's not like the fireworks, smoke, and people in the crowd are going to look as gay and bubbly as they do in that drawing. just that fact that they ever released that to the public is kind of disconcerting.