Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brian Sanches

Featured Replies

Hello everyone,

 

I am a British fan of the Marlins, currently living in Latvia. The other day I met a guy here in Riga who was from Miami and was a big fan of the Marlins. I remember telling him about some of my favourite players and that Miguel Cabrera was my favourite Marlin. But I was thinking who is my favourite Marlin from the present team roster. Well after tonight's 5-4 game against the Dodgers I'm beginning to think it could be Brian Sanches.

 

Ok, so Brian Sanches currently is 3-0 for the season with an 0.00 ERA and also a 1.000 Batting Average to match. It's a great set of stats to have so far, and although it won't last forever I still like watching this guy throw. Despite staying up so many times last season to see the Marlins I don't really remember so much about him, but now I am really starting to take notice. I guess I was never really that focused on the Marlins Bullpen last year.

 

Anyway, does anyone else like him or if not why? Who is your favourite player in the current roster? And how long do you think Sanches can keep his perfect stats for?

 

It would be great to hear from some fellow Marlins fans here, as it's very rare that I ever meet any.

 

Thanks

Sanches has been the kind of guy that has been better than he should be for about 3 seasons now. He's been great for the team during his tenure.

nice to see marlins fans from around the world. I'm in Argentina, though i lived in Pembroke Pines from 02 to 06. And yes, i love Sanches and I have him in my fantasy team. he gave me a nice win tonight.

nice to see marlins fans from around the world. I'm in Argentina, though i lived in Pembroke Pines from 02 to 06. And yes, i love Sanches and I have him in my fantasy team. he gave me a nice win tonight.

 

 

I hope he was a waiver wire pick up :lol

 

Sanches has been great. My favorite is JJ, followed by LoMo and Stanton tied.

Brian has very quietly been lights out. I mentioned this in another thread recently. Our Native American just dosen't get the love he deserves. 1 hit in 13.2 innings?? And it's not like he has put those numbers up against Padre-ish teams.

 

Bet he isn't high on Hopper's list of fav players right now.

Brian has very quietly been lights out. I mentioned this in another thread recently. Our Native American just dosen't get the love he deserves. 1 hit in 13.2 innings?? And it's not like he has put those numbers up against Padre-ish teams.

 

Bet he isn't high on Hopper's list of fav players right now.

 

 

Haha :lol

 

But isn't is awesome to think that our Bullpen, the MLB's best, wouldn't even lose a step if one of them were to get injured or something?

Good to see a fellow fan from the UK! Sanches just keeps on being a steady reliever posting up solid numbers. Performance that sticks out for me so far this year was his 4 scoreless innings back at the start of the season.

Sanches has been great! I also totally forgot about his lofty 1.000 BA! My fav current Marlin is Hanley! All time is Dontrelle Willis!

  • Author

Schnellders, You joined this forum on my Birthday. Cool!

 

Thanks everyone for the replies. Nunez saves again! - Go Fish!!

The Sanchise has been great for a few years now. It's great to know we have a guy that can give you 2-3 innings of solid relief if the starter is having a bad day. He's a bullpen saver.

 

My current favorite Marlin is Gaby Sanchez while my all time favorite is Mike Lowell.

Brian has very quietly been lights out. I mentioned this in another thread recently. Our Native American just dosen't get the love he deserves. 1 hit in 13.2 innings?? And it's not like he has put those numbers up against Padre-ish teams.

 

Bet he isn't high on Hopper's list of fav players right now.

 

 

Haha :lol

 

But isn't is awesome to think that our Bullpen, the MLB's best, wouldn't even lose a step if one of them were to get injured or something?

 

Definetly. Knowing we have that kind of quality to back us up outweighs the fact that it's only April with these numbers.

My favorite part about that Sanches game blowing HR was that...

 

his ERA only jumped to 0.66 right after it.

 

And then went back down again after he got some outs.

 

Excusable, in my opinion.

  • Author

He's still done an incredible job so far.

 

 

Agreed, I still like him a lot.

 

I don't really think he can take the blame for the loss. They had the game in their hands in the 9th.

nice to see marlins fans from around the world. I'm in Argentina, though i lived in Pembroke Pines from 02 to 06. And yes, i love Sanches and I have him in my fantasy team. he gave me a nice win tonight.

 

 

Even though im an american, I live in the UK and stay up everynight to 3:00 to watch the Marlins on Mlb.tv :pcguy

 

I like Sanches too, very consistent

Today's game changed my positive opinion of Sanches considerably.

 

Is this a good or bad thing?

 

Anyways, in truth, Sanches was due for a bad outing (albeit it wasn't bad, but considering his sparkly ERA of zilch before today...). Had he gone too much longer with no runs allowed and just one hit given up, things might have gotten out of hand on here when he finally blew up. However, I think he can continue on this run and keep an ERA in the 1.50 region at the end of the year. Hopefully.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.