6/1 Post Game

I guess the way I look at it is you won't win every game obviously but you can't beat yourself. We clearly did that tonight and have been doing it more lately. There will always be ricky's sh*t games etc but you can't lose games like tonight. After 4-0 the team went on autopilot like the game was over.

It wasn't autopilot. Vazquez was in a nose dive and Edwin left him too long. He should've been gone after the HR to make it 4-2.

I guess the way I look at it is you won't win every game obviously but you can't beat yourself. We clearly did that tonight and have been doing it more lately. There will always be ricky's sh*t games etc but you can't lose games like tonight. After 4-0 the team went on autopilot like the game was over.

It wasn't autopilot. Vazquez was in a nose dive and Edwin left him too long. He should've been gone after the HR to make it 4-2.

Once again, this isn't a video game.

There is no reason to believe Vazquez was done immediately after the Home Run, I don't see what you see where you find it necessary to take your starting pitcher out just because he gave up a 2 run HR.

Now obviously I don't completely agree with sending Vazquez back out in the 7th but his pitch count was low and I can see why Edwin would.

Plus, the bullpen has been taxed he was probably hoping to get at least 7 out of Vazquez, with the way his pitch count was, to save the bullpen.

I will say i hope this isn't a sign that Vazquez is going to revert back to his early starts but i mean it will happen, that is bad innings, bad pitching.

The offense hasn't been thrilling of late either, Hanley could really help out in that area.

There is no reason to believe Vazquez was done immediately after the Home Run, I don't see what you see where you find it necessary to take your starting pitcher out just because he gave up a 2 run HR.

Now obviously I don't completely agree with sending Vazquez back out in the 7th but his pitch count was low and I can see why Edwin would.

Plus, the bullpen has been taxed he was probably hoping to get at least 7 out of Vazquez, with the way his pitch count was, to save the bullpen.

I will say i hope this isn't a sign that Vazquez is going to revert back to his early starts but i mean it will happen, that is bad innings, bad pitching.

The offense hasn't been thrilling of late either, Hanley could really help out in that area.

Exactly.

Considering how well he was pitching, I'm sure Edwin didn't even have anyone warming up after that HR.

Well, the Hensley loss isn't that big of a deal. He wasn't pitching well. I do feel bad for him, though.

On the brightside, he'll better when he comes back from Tommy John surgery next year(assuming that's where he's headed).

I agree you should usually be happy with a 5-4 road trip but aren't we supposed to be spoiled by winning by now since the Marlins have playing .600 ball most of the season so far?:p

frustrating game...very frustrating....i keep waiting for the fish to go into a complete nosedive and lose something like 10 of 13 or go on a hot streak because they seem to just be middling around lately...i'm a pessimist so i'm expecting a nosedive soon especially with injuries mounting

The team just needs to start playing better at home, that's all.

9-game West Coast trip, going 5-4 is acceptable. Still 31-23 despite Hanley's garbage and JJ still out. When JJ went on the DL, I told myself I'd be fine with .500 baseball during that stretch.

What are we 6-4 without JJ?

Yea we need to start playing better at home, I don't want to travel 2 hours to watch the team lose, but I suppose that's baseball.

Since he went on the DL, I believe the team is 7-5.

Can't see how you guys can count the games he wouldn't have played in anyways.

The team just needs to start playing better at home, that's all.

9-game West Coast trip, going 5-4 is acceptable. Still 31-23 despite Hanley's garbage and JJ still out. When JJ went on the DL, I told myself I'd be fine with .500 baseball during that stretch.

What are we 6-4 without JJ?

Yea we need to start playing better at home, I don't want to travel 2 hours to watch the team lose, but I suppose that's baseball.

Since he went on the DL, I believe the team is 7-5.

Can't see how you guys can count the games he wouldn't have played in anyways.

In that case, 1-1.

But seriously, our bullpen wouldn't have been this overworked over the past week if he wasn't on the DL so I don't see why it has no effect, whatsoever, on the other games. You lose JJ and you lose a consistent 7 innings every fifth day. Jay Buente threw 3.2, and his second start was a complete bullpen day. Not surprising that the pen's ERA has skyrocketed since he went on the DL.