Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

I noticed someone took the liberty of updating the colors on the Florida Marlins wikipedia page

also, really digging these mockups someone on the sportslogos board made of the uniform script:

It just looks like something a 10 year old can do in photoshop in 5 minutes :(

I'll give you a full day. Make it say Marlins. Go for it.

I could do that in like.... 20 minutes.

But I really, really like the edit to the colors on the ones quoted above. The other ones fail at looking Miami Vice, these ones succeed.

to even making the team have sucky players so you go to see the team you want to see. That is why I will not cheer for them anymore. Not because of a " logo ".

Wait, what?

Reading this sentence is what being hit in the head with a shovel must feel like.

“Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?�

Think this logo is bad?

Scroll down a screen in this piece:

http://bleacherrepor...l-teams-history

for 14 that make it look good.

And I remember that Twinkies logo. They used it, or something very close to it for many, many years. Nobody cared.

all these, except for the 02(?) Jays logo are so obsolete. whatever.

this 04 A's alt logo though: LOL!!!!! http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=qlgsgqqcxi8gf1ec7k5bvor2g

Obsolete?

Obsolescence can only result from the passage of time.

What I was talking about was logos and graphics that were bad from day one.

One can argue that the new Marlin's logo is bad, but one cannot argue that it's obsolete unless one wants to be laughed at.

So, we have people who think it's too commercial; people who think it's too commercial and is all about attracting tourists ^ ^ ^ ; and people who think it is too "Miami." Interesting mix lol

I don't think the word "commercial" is right for my camp. Perhaps it's splitting hairs, but the emphasis is placed more on "corporate" because that type of logo typically seems to be austere and abstract in its aesthetic design.

All logos, even baseball ones, are meant to be "commercial" so I don't think that's the complaint some of us have.

However, even as a "corporate" logo, it still looks like a mound of sh*t.

Yeah, I think I intended to use the word "corporate" instead of "commercial." My bad.

I noticed someone took the liberty of updating the colors on the Florida Marlins wikipedia page

also, really digging these mockups someone on the sportslogos board made of the uniform script:

But I really, really like the edit to the colors on the ones quoted above. The other ones fail at looking Miami Vice, these ones succeed.

Thing is, I'm betting the person who says a 10-year-old can do it in 5 minutes couldn't do it.

Thing is, I'm betting the person who says a 10-year-old can do it in 5 minutes couldn't do it.

Oh, right. The only trouble I would have would be the 'S', in which case I would need to find the font that matches this!

Let us not forget, I did make Josh Willingham's name in the style of the Marlins lettering! (I hid the 'g' behind Willingham because I didn't want to put the effort in).

Thing is, one of my hobbies is photoshop- so yeah I could do it.