Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Featured Replies

LOL The Panthers are having unprecedented success(standings-wise) and we're still complaining(although Qbanj69 is probably being sarcastic). The Panthers have been leading their division for what? 5 days? I don't think the Panthers have ever led their division at any time in their history after the first week of the season. Not even for day.

 

The Panthers are the only team in their division with a positive goal differential. :dancehead

 

What happened to Washington? I thought they were gonna leave the rest of the division in the dust when they got off to that 7-0-0 start. Although they probably will anyway when Ovechkin wakes up.

  • Author

We're complaining about legitimate flaws though that could hurt us down the line. Of course we're doing great now. Surely we've never been in 1st place, but we've been 'doing great' before. We ended up losing a playoff bid to Montreal in a tiebreaker from one bad stretch of play.

 

Every game matters

Repik and Markstrom back to San Antonio.

 

Clemmensen back and Samuelsson practiced as well. Mark Cullen called up.

 

now we need goc and bradley back too.

  • Author

Repik sent down.

 

Cullen called up.

 

Sheesh, how unoriginal. Call up Jenks or something. Not that he's been even the slightest bit exciting (according to his stats alone).

 

But I just want to see him play lol.

  • Author

Well hopefully we catch Carolina with their pants down. They were already sucking it up... hopefully a shuffle on the bench causes some confusion.

big win tonight and a huge goal by matthias.

 

at some points i thought we were going to lose it but we needed this one.

 

really hope kulikov is ok and that samuelsson is back next game.

Kaberle gave you guys a gift. Your guy earned it with his effort but poor defensive play by Kaberle led to it. Good game for both sides up to that point.

We can't control that

Kulikov better not be out for long.

 

If I have to watch Ed Jovanovski play more minutes on a consistent basis, I might...do bad things.

 

PK and Theodore did well tonight.

kulikov has a deep cut in his leg but dineen said it was not a long cut.

 

could be a few games though. and the injuries keep piling up.

 

would like to see samuelsson back thursday and hopefully Goc and Bradley not long after that.

  • Author

Kulikov better not be out for long.

 

If I have to watch Ed Jovanovski play more minutes on a consistent basis, I might...do bad things.

 

PK and Theodore did well tonight.

 

 

I don't know how watching Jovo can possibly be more annoying than watching his defensive son Gudbranson learn from him. Gudbranson drives me crazy. I know he's got a future, but if I didn't know any better I'd drop him off the team.

Kulikov better not be out for long.

 

If I have to watch Ed Jovanovski play more minutes on a consistent basis, I might...do bad things.

 

PK and Theodore did well tonight.

 

 

I don't know how watching Jovo can possibly be more annoying than watching his defensive son Gudbranson learn from him. Gudbranson drives me crazy. I know he's got a future, but if I didn't know any better I'd drop him off the team.

 

yeah im not really a fan so far and he looks like hes afraid to touch the puck. huberdeau was solid in camp but we have yet to see our picks blossom like a hall, nugent-hopkins, skinner, or fowler.

  • Author

Well for what it's worth, our pick in Kulikov has certainly blossomed. And he's one I was afraid would bust for sure. He's basically Brian Capmbell light (and he's barely 21 years old).

 

As far as Gudbranson goes, it's not his offensive game that bothers me as I know a player doesn't just jump to the NHL level with a head of confidence all the time. It's his defensive game. I can't count how many times he's fallen on his ass when trying to change from backward skating to forward skating (which also means that he's getting beat by the forwards if he has to turn around so quickly).

 

He has just about as much defensive game as Jovo does. Very little. Although, to Jovo's credit, he is probably better than any puck moving defenseman we've have in the past half decade minus the players currently on the team. That is to say strictly in the offensive zone though.

Bring back Cory Murphy!

 

Or Noah Welch... :/

A lot of people seem to be giving up on Gudbranson already. Remember, he's only 19 and this is his first season as no longer being the big fish in a little pond. Add in the fact that he has been sitting a bunch of games and that he's paired with old man Jovo. I'm not expecting much out of Guds this season, but I still think he will end up being a force in the years to come.

  • Author

Nobody's giving up on him. That doesn't mean he wasn't given a spot on the roster when he shouldn't have been.

 

I guess at the time it made sense. Ellerby looked awful. But now the role has been reversed. Ellerby looks fine. Gudbranson looks awful.

 

Again, I don't think anyone has given up on him. He just should've been spending the year in the AHL, I think.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.