Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Featured Replies

10th in ESPN newest Power Rankings, by the way. Pretty awesome. We could very soon have top 10 teams in 3/4 sports in South Florida. And the Jets are going to make the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, so I'm happy.

 

 

lol they are?

I don't know, I'm just trolling a lil bit. They probably have to win out, which is certainly possible with their schedule, but it's never easy.

Looks like realignment is a go for next season; the Board of Governors approved the plan tonight. Here's is the new breakdown of divisions (4 instead of 6):

 

East I: NY Rangers, NY Islanders, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Washington

Easi II: Florida, Tampa Bay, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Boston

Central: Columbus, Detroit, Winnipeg, Nashville, Dallas, St. Louis, Minnesota, Chicago

West: Phoenix, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Colorado, Edmonton, Calgary

 

The schedule is 6 games against the teams in your division (Central & West play 5 games against division teams, but as many as 6 games with three other division teams), plus a home-and-home against the other teams in the league.

 

As for the playoffs, the top 4 teams in each division get in. Division 1 seed plays division 4 seed, division 2 seed plays division 3 seed in the first round. Second round will be the winners of the first round series playing each other. The four surviving teams get reseeded for the third round based on regular season points, and the 1 seed plays the 4 seed, and 2 plays 3. Those two winning teams play for the Cup.

i am actually quite pissed about how this game ended. dont forget 2 years ago we blew a 5-1 lead at home against the capitals.

 

it was so obvious that the late goal in the second would come back to haunt us....good thing we held on.

 

great first two periods but that game was too close for comfort at the end.

ANOTHER game in which they nearly blew a big lead. This team is in serious trouble.

 

With the world ending in 2012, the Panthers must make the playoffs or else.

 

 

Quiet you.

also i really do not understand how carolina is in a division with philadelphia, pittsburgh, washington and whatever but then the lightning and panthers are with montreal, ottawa, toronto, and buffalo.

 

yes that makes a lot of f***ing sense.

Sweet

Scary finish, but still. 7 point lead in the division.

 

As for the realignment, it'll definitely generate more revenue for us with the snow birds coming to see their teams play us. And if divisional playoffs are happening, we stand a good chance of being constantly in a playoff position. 4 teams out of 7 make the playoffs? I like our odds.

  • Author

Awesome win tonight! 3rd period didn't exactly go too well but they held off the onslaught.

 

As for the new divisions, it's really, really supportive for our media markets to be paired with them Canadian teams. I like that... although hopefully the plan isn't to assimilate our crowd into Quebec :p

 

But yes, more games against Toronto and Montreal is very beneficial to our franchise.

 

Boston gets gipped big time though. Philly should've been in our division...

Awesome win tonight! 3rd period didn't exactly go too well but they held off the onslaught.

 

As for the new divisions, it's really, really supportive for our media markets to be paired with them Canadian teams. I like that... although hopefully the plan isn't to assimilate our crowd into Quebec :p

 

But yes, more games against Toronto and Montreal is very beneficial to our franchise.

 

Boston gets gipped big time though. Philly should've been in our division...

 

 

if you want to go by geography then washington and carolina should have been in our division.

 

also, how do we know which conference plays which conference for the cup?

  • Author

Where did I say anything about geography? Boston got gipped simply because while they do have that great rivalry with the Canadiens, I definitely think that upon realignment they should've been paired up with New York or perhaps Philly or both.

 

And I'm assuming you play divisional playoffs, and then the two that come out on top of those play for the East/West title.

Based on some other stories I've been reading. think of each of the "divisions" as it's own conference. So it's the East I conference, East II conference, and so on. (Sorry for any confusion by naming them divisions)

NHL re-alignment coming next season

 

4 divisions.

 

Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, L.A., Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg

Boston, Buffalo, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto

Carolina, New Jersey, NYI, NYR, Philadelphia, Pittburgh, Washington

 

 

eh.

switch Buffalo with Carolina and that's alright with me, I guess.

  • Author

Zero interest in continuing a failing rivalry with Carolina. I'm glad they wont be in that division. Effectively what you've got running here is that the Southeast has been disbanded. Good riddance. Thankfully, we're keeping the only true natural rivalry in our division - Tampa.

10th in ESPN newest Power Rankings, by the way. Pretty awesome. We could very soon have top 10 teams in 3/4 sports in South Florida. And the Jets are going to make the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, so I'm happy.

 

 

Whoa whoa... jumping the gun here a little bit don't you think? Jets are both horrible and great, depends who shows up. they can very well go 0-4 or 4-0 the rest of the way, don't get your hopes up. I wish their last game against the dolphins has playoff ramifications.

Hey guys, Im heading down to Miami for the holidays and I need your opinion on this. Me and the wife want to go see a Panthers game, and my question is, what do you guys think would be the best one to go to.

 

nj devils

carolina panthers Hurricanes

calgary flames

or phoenix coyotes

  • Author

Carolina Panthers? See those.

 

But really, your best bet would be either booing Jay Bouwmeester and the Calgary Flames or seeing Martin Brodeur and the Devils.

10th in ESPN newest Power Rankings, by the way. Pretty awesome. We could very soon have top 10 teams in 3/4 sports in South Florida. And the Jets are going to make the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, so I'm happy.

 

 

Whoa whoa... jumping the gun here a little bit don't you think? Jets are both horrible and great, depends who shows up. they can very well go 0-4 or 4-0 the rest of the way, don't get your hopes up. I wish their last game against the dolphins has playoff ramifications.

See my post above, girlfriend.

Flames

Barch sucks.

 

Glad to have Samuelsson back. Maybe he can teach me to like him because I kinda don't.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.