December 8, 201114 yr If this is true, I am pissed. I'm hispanic myself, and couldn't give a rat's ass that the guys they're targeting are also hispanic. Are they trying to say all of us only care about fellow hispanics? I have absolutely no problem rooting for fat black guys, Misters Sampsonite and Loria.
December 8, 201114 yr Pujols is an iconic name in baseball and has won multiple MVPs. Fielder is a very talented player with weight issues that scare a lot of NL teams from giving him a large contract.
December 8, 201114 yr I think they're not going after him because they feel he's not worth it. They could also do exactly what the Angels did, and let the rest of the league set the table as far as the market for him. Then, if you feel you can swoop in with an offer you're comfortable with, take him by surprise... If the market plays out and he's too expensive, you simply stay out.
December 8, 201114 yr No, I'm certainly not pissed. I want the FO to focus the rest of this offseason on back-end rotation depth and a good bat for the bench. Let's save some sheckles in anticipation of what will surely be a stud-filled pitching FA class next year.
December 8, 201114 yr Nope, because he's not worth it. Pujols was only worth having with what would probably eventually be a bad contract because of his star power. Fielder's contract will probably eventually be a bad contract and he won't have the start power to bring anyone in. Plus, I really don't want Prince because I think he'll age like Cecil. Not to mention we already have a fine 1B who is worth more to us than he is to the trade market. We'll get more value for our money going for a position like CF or SP.
December 8, 201114 yr At the end of the day we can all agree Fielder>gaby Of course. There is no doubt. But Gaby is cheap, plays the position well defensively and is a decent bat.
December 8, 201114 yr At the end of the day we can all agree Fielder>gaby Not for the money. And I bet you that in 3-4 years, not at all. Cecil and Prince are very similar, body/condition wise, at age 28. Cecil's body failed him like at age 30. It's hard to fight genetics, man.
December 8, 201114 yr At the end of the day we can all agree Fielder>gaby Of course. There is no doubt. But Gaby is cheap, plays the position well defensively and is a decent bat. i just think if you have a chance to upgrade you do it, much like the angels already having a solid rotation prior to c.j and still they went out and signed him to improve an already stout pitching rotation. I think you dont have to go 7 or 8 years with prince but a 4 or 5 year deal would suffice
December 8, 201114 yr At the end of the day we can all agree Fielder>gaby Of course. There is no doubt. But Gaby is cheap, plays the position well defensively and is a decent bat. i just think if you have a chance to upgrade you do it, much like the angels already having a solid rotation prior to c.j and still they went out and signed him to improve an already stout pitching rotation. I think you dont have to go 7 or 8 years with prince but a 4 or 5 year deal would suffice We DID upgrade, though, in 3 areas.
December 8, 201114 yr At the end of the day we can all agree Fielder>gaby Of course. There is no doubt. But Gaby is cheap, plays the position well defensively and is a decent bat. i just think if you have a chance to upgrade you do it, much like the angels already having a solid rotation prior to c.j and still they went out and signed him to improve an already stout pitching rotation. I think you dont have to go 7 or 8 years with prince but a 4 or 5 year deal would suffice We DID upgrade, though, in 3 areas. I WANT MOAR!!!!!! we've been spoiled their is no going back now, we've all become selfish lol
December 8, 201114 yr I'd take Prince on a 5-year deal, but he's definitely going to require more than that. I expect 7 or 8 years.
December 8, 201114 yr If Gaby can hit like he did the first half of the 2011 season for a full one, I'm more than fine with keeping him and addressing other, more pressing needs.
December 8, 201114 yr At the end of the day we can all agree Fielder>gaby Of course. There is no doubt. But Gaby is cheap, plays the position well defensively and is a decent bat. i just think if you have a chance to upgrade you do it, much like the angels already having a solid rotation prior to c.j and still they went out and signed him to improve an already stout pitching rotation. I think you dont have to go 7 or 8 years with prince but a 4 or 5 year deal would suffice But, using that money, you can upgrade other positions. If we went out and got Prince, we'd obviously be done and would most probably end up overpaying. And then we'd have to trade Gaby, which probably wouldn't net us anything better than a Volstad type pitcher or some far away prospects, because he's worth more to us than he is to someone else. On top of that, he probably needs at least 7 years and by the end of that he'll just be a bad contract weighing us down.
December 8, 201114 yr I think we should make a move for him,or at least one more big bat, im not that crazy about our line-up... :confused
December 8, 201114 yr Guys, the people talking highly about gaby, why not sign Fielder and then use Gaby as an excellent trade piece for pitching which we still need? Its not like he just poofs away when we sign Fielder, The funny thing is Gaby is actually one year older than Prince
December 8, 201114 yr I think the only reason we're not going for him right now would be because HE isn't very interested, which is why I suspect we should just give him a huge deal
December 8, 201114 yr Guys, the people talking highly about gaby, why not sign Fielder and then use Gaby as an excellent trade piece for pitching which we still need? Its not like he just poofs away when we sign Fielder, The funny thing is Gaby is actually one year older than Prince Because what Gaby gets us in the trade market will be worth less to us than what Gaby can do. And Gaby is like 6 months older than Prince if I remember correctly, but Gaby is going to age much better.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.