Edwin Rodriguez says Marlins shouldn't have signed Reyes

Former Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez appeared today on MLB Network Radio and had some interesting comments about how Hanley Ramirez's move to 3rd base. He thinks it wasn't the right move for the Fish to sign Jose Reyes and that money would have been better used elsewhere. You can hear the comments here: http://siriusxmsport...er-discus-51214. Rodriguez explains that Hanley could be affected by Reyes stealing his spot light.

I think it's a valid point. I thought that wounded pride might be an issue with Hanley ever since the Reyes talks started. Will be interesting to see what transpires with these two from now until Spring.

It will be interesting to see how your comments are taken. I said the same thing and was bullied by the usual suspects on the board.

if he returns to being a .300 hitter and the team wins a lot, he will have let his talent do all the talking he needs to do...thus far he has said nothing and it is what it is...nothing

winning solves alot and as great as the phillies pitching is, their offense is old and creaky...and the braves are in a similar boat...the division can be taken

I think it's a valid point. I thought that wounded pride might be an issue with Hanley ever since the Reyes talks started. Will be interesting to see what transpires with these two from now until Spring.

It will be interesting to see how your comments are taken. I said the same thing and was bullied by the usual suspects on the board.

Do you really think that his comment was as over the top as yours?

Negative comments about Hanley are cool as long as they are reasonable. I'm actually in full agreement with his thought process there (which isn't even really negative in tone anyway).

To be clear, since I don't post that often... by "issue" I don't mean that H2R's going to perform worse or throw a tantrum necessarily. Simply that there's the potential for personality conflicts, which then the brass (managers, coaches, FO) would have to address. Consider the source. These are the kinds of things that would concern a manager, like Edwin — even if it doesn't concern the rest of us.

I also advise against discounting the man's opinion outright. Remember how much Hanley gushed about him when he was here? For whatever reason, Edwin connected with him in a way few others have since he became a star. If anyone has a good handle of how H2R thinks, it would probably be him.

As for saying the Marlins should have passed on Reyes, that may just be a case of him going to bat for his friend. I wouldn't read much more into it.

Negative comments about Hanley are cool as long as they are reasonable. I'm actually in full agreement with his thought process there (which isn't even really negative in tone anyway).

Now we are worried about the perceived tone of posters?

Now we are worried about the perceived tone of posters?

"Worried?" No.