Hanley ready to become an MVP?

If he keeps swingin it like he is now, he should have a great year. This time of the year, hitters are usually way behind pitchers in terms of readiness. He looks fantastic right now.

He does look pretty fantastic right now, offensively and especially defensively. I think this switch is going to go better than anyone, including Hanley, thought it would.

If he keeps swingin it like he is now, he should have a great year. This time of the year, hitters are usually way behind pitchers in terms of readiness. He looks fantastic right now.

Definitely, you can see it in the home run he hit. Those inside fastballs killed him all of last year. He wasn't bringing his hands straight to the ball. His swing got long and he was either hitting that pitch WAY foul, popping it straight up or missing it all together. But on that swing in the video he really got inside that pitch nicely as he did in his "hanley" days.

Definitely, you can see it in the home run he hit. Those inside fastballs killed him all of last year. He wasn't bringing his hands straight to the ball. His swing got long and he was either hitting that pitch WAY foul, popping it straight up or missing it all together. But on that swing in the video he really got inside that pitch nicely as he did in his "hanley" days.

........against a college kid.............in Spring Training.

You guys are likely putting too much stock into this stuff.

I think he was referring the the HR that Hanley ripped against the Mets. It was an inside pitch that he turned on in a flash and absolutely destroyed to LF.

I think he was referring the the HR that Hanley ripped against the Mets. It was an inside pitch that he turned on in a flash and absolutely destroyed to LF.

Fair enough, in which case you the first 4 words and several dots of my post.

I stand by the rest, regardless.

If he were doing poorly then the "it's just spring training" would apply. I mentioned his swing mechanics, which at this stage of his playing career need to be perfect whether he's facing lincecum or in a wiffle ball game against a ten year old kid from the make a wish foundation. Last year they were not and he seems to have corrected it. I mean if anything months of no game action should make his mechanics suffer so this is good news. Stop trying to be the parade rainer and be happy that hanley didn't get beat by an inside fastball :lol

Fair enough, in which case you the first 4 words and several dots of my post.

I stand by the rest, regardless.

He has swung the bat very well. Not only on the homerun against FIU, but all along. You are underestimating college baseball tremendously. He still has to recognize the pitch and square it up. Not only that, but the talent gap is not as large as you might think.

After all the media sources apparently were incorrectly saying he was really ticked about the move to 3B (at least according to Hanley), I'm expecting him to come out as the Hanley of old offensively and without the occasional defensive laziness. Matter of fact, I would be surprised at anything less.

No, just a good player. (.300 20+ HR, 80 RBI)

With Reyes and Bonifacio hitting in front of him, and with Stanton/Morrison/Sanchez behind him, it Hanley doesn't have a minimum 100 RBI and 100 runs this year, we probably will not make the post season because it means something went wrong. He is going to be the key to this batting order, because those two guys at the top of the order will be useless if Hanley can't drive them in, or if Stanton K's with two outs.

lolz

Meanwhile, many feel that the

Marlins

'

Hanley Ramirez

won't stay happy for long at third base and eventually will demand a trade.

6. Hanley Ramirez, 3B, Marlins - Everyone is putting on a good face about Ramirez moving to third, but is he really happy about it? Many feel this won’t go smoothly and that Ramirez will demand a trade.

From the Boston Globe, via MLBTR. http://www.mlbtrader...afardo-on-.html

Look at all of his sources! "Many".