Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/14 Post Game

Featured Replies

I actually think that Morrison might be worse out there than Coghlan.

 

Stanton is okay (UZR is probably the best defensive stat, but I think it overrated him last year), but he takes a lot of dumbass routes to the ball sometimes.

153 to go. Bell will get it straightened out eventually, I think ... he really does need to mix his pitches better, though. Can't rely on 90% fastballs.

 

 

Soon you are going to say we have 50 games to go. Every game does count. It might seem less important now but it is very important to win the games like tonight. We still have a long season to go but these games might come back and haunt us.

Mike likes to have unrealistic ideas about the Marlins as do many others with him... it's ok to be a realistic fan like myself and realize good teams don't play baseball like this.

Angels, Red Sox, Reds, Phillies, Rays.. all in similar spots. Are they not teams you look at as a "good team"?

Erick wins again. No excuse for lomos drop. The Astros LF made the same play in the bottom of the 9th. However bell is complete garbage and it's his fault exclusively were 3-6 instead on 5-4. Closers are overrated and overpaid

I was at the game.... was in such a great mood all night and then Bell and LoMo completely ruined it... I left the game so upset... gotta take emotion out of this before it kills me...

 

I can take losses but blowing a 4-1 lead to the f***ing Astros in the ninth at home! F**K

Hey, look at the bright side.

 

Nobody is bitching about parking or delays. Nobody is complaining about the HR feature itself, only that it hasn't gone off yet. There's no angry mob of Cubans picketing Ozzie or the Marlins.

 

We'll win many games we shouldn't have due to dropped fly balls, miscellaneous errors and closer-failure later in the season.

 

On April 8, 2003, the Marlins were 3-6.

 

Relax and enjoy the ride, it's baseball, not an exercise in which a supposedly "good" team always wins X% of each 10-game sample.

I'm really surpised! I didn't get to see this game today but when I got the time to check the score, it was 4-1 in the top of the 9th and I thought we had this game won.

When your closer is struggling, backing him up with 3 errors is not a good thing. Bell is going to get the blame for this, but it really was a complete team loss. Including our temporary manager. Batting LoMo 4th?

 

I'm also hoping they are just giving Murphy enough rope to hang himself. We have a kid in the minors that beat him out for that job, has a decent glove (not that Donny dosen't), and can actually hit the ball (something Donny can't).

We have a kid in the minors that beat him out for that job, has a decent glove (not that Donny dosen't), and can actually hit the ball (something Donny can't).

 

I also thought of whassisname when Murphy made that great diving play resulting in an out.

 

Murphy, having no options, has an extra allotment of rope to hang himself with. May never happen, if he keeps that up.

 

I take a benign view of who should be up or down, not having any knowledge of internal goings-on.

I'm also hoping they are just giving Murphy enough rope to hang himself. We have a kid in the minors that beat him out for that job, has a decent glove (not that Donny dosen't), and can actually hit the ball (something Donny can't).

 

Solono should've had that spot out of camp.

"Dear Lord:

I pray this uniform fits today

To hide my gut in every way

And give me strength to close my belt

So I won't lack speed on each pitch dealt

Let me do well; give me a pass

And show mercy on this fat ass

Please do not let me pitch a turd

Now where's the f***ing (burp!) mustard?"

 

- Heath Bell's Prayer

 

Love it, very nice

That game hurt my soul. Just about everything was going our way until that evil 9th. As bad as Bell feels right now, I think LoMo feels even worse.

 

Hopefully we can win the series tomorrow and put this terrible loss behind us.

 

By the way, the move for Bell looks terrible right now, but Zambrano is performing (should be 2-0) and Reyes is living up to the hype, so it could be worse.

 

 

I will gladly say the Volstad for Zambrano deal is still my favorite move of the offseason. I hated no player more than Volstad and I couldn't believe some of you didn't like the deal...Zambrano actually has the ability to work his way out of a jam because he can strike people out on occasion. Volstad just gave up hits until the bases were cleared for him to finish the inning =)

 

Now Volstad will 2 hit the marlins when we play the Cubs here shortly.

In all fairness though bell didn't pitch well we definitely didn't help him out defensively.

 

I think the big one was the catcher interference because if he gets Schafer I think we win that one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.