Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/26 Post Game

Featured Replies

You could buy about two million Happy Meals with $9 million.

I'm actually more worried about Bell than the offense.

 

There's no doubt the offense will be better than this.

I'm not so sure about Bell right now.

 

Erick, you of all people?

 

Bell's peripherals declined last year. This was well known.

 

It was up to him to come out this year and prove that that was just a product of a small sample size.

 

So far, he's walked more guys than he's struck out and he's not really making people swing-and-miss which is what you want to see from your closer.

 

He came into the game with a 6.3 swinging strike % which is pretty bad. It's a small sample, but still. He also threw 47 pitches today and only generated 1 swinging strike.

 

It wouldn't be the first time that a closer falls apart or that a contract given to a reliever turns out bad. It actually happens more often than not, unless you're Mariano Rivera.

 

Honestly, relievers/closers, in general, normally aren't good for as long as Heath Bell has been good. This just happens with relievers.

 

 

I'm not worried about the bats; it's inevitable that the offense will begin to hit. Maybe one guy has a bad year in comparison to the norm, but there's no way all of our good hitters are going to suck. We just so happen to have a terrible team .BABIP with men on base right now. That will turnaround.

 

Bell is a question mark right now; the only reason he's still closing after today is because we gave him 27 million dollars. Blown saves aside, he's simply just looked terrible.

Wow this is hard to even think about.

 

The two biggest spenders in the marlins and angels are 7-11 and 6-13. Well done.

 

 

I'm just so.... blah about it that I can't even rage and be angry. It's just so "WTF" to use internet slang.

 

Gotta just hope that it gets better, it has to get better. This team can't be this bad.

In 2010 Bell blew just 3 saves all year and had 47 saves on the season.

 

Really upset at him right now, but I know he'll turn things around.

 

Loria said in "The Franchise" show that what he likes about Bell is that he knows that no one will give a damn about what he has to say if he doesn't do his job...So I hope he knows right know that we all don't give a sh*t about all his little stupid jokes and comedy acts if he doesn't close out games.

 

As far as the offense goes, I'm sure things will get better. Right now the only team in the NL who has scored less runs on the season are the Pirates. Really can't imagine things staying like that-though I have a feeling that the team will rely heavily on speed and be near the bottom in terms of power at the end of the season.

 

Most important thing is that our starting pitching has been excellent and if they keep performing the way they have they're bound to start being rewarded for their efforts sooner or later...

We're 4 games under .500 with a -2 run differential.

 

The Mets are 3 games over with a -13 run differential.

 

Frustrating/annoying.

When Hanley was killing it on the homestand, I kept thinking to myself.... I hope Reyes and Stanton are ready to get hot for when Hanley and Boni go cold. I feared what would happen if they didn't get hot and here we are.

 

The whole team is unlikely to peak at the same time, but right now... we don't have anyone to put us on their back.

 

The starting pitching has been incredible though.

Isn't it time for an Ozzie tirade on the hitters and the bullpen?

 

I'm sure they hear plenty of F-Bombs daily...

Wow this is hard to even think about.

 

The two biggest spenders in the marlins and angels are 7-11 and 6-13. Well done.

 

 

I'm just so.... blah about it that I can't even rage and be angry. It's just so "WTF" to use internet slang.

 

Gotta just hope that it gets better, it has to get better. This team can't be this bad.

 

With a closer who actually did his job this team would be 10-8 and I think even then we would still probably be frustrated with the bats, even with a winning record.

 

0-5 on the road trip with 5 quality starts if I can remember correctly.

I feel bad for Zambrano. He has pitched well and seen his wins being blown by Bell. Knowing Z's temper, I'm surprised he is taking it so well.

 

I'm actually not surprised by that. I think Zambrano is a totally different person now in his new setting and he knows that if he starts up Ozzie is gonna take em' down like a matador/bull.

We're 4 games under .500 with a -2 run differential.

 

The Mets are 3 games over with a -13 run differential.

 

Frustrating/annoying.

 

 

I like the run differential stat and definitely think it will even out as the season progresses, don't really think the Mets have quite enough of anything to maintain at above a .500 record.

0-5 on the road trip with 5 quality starts if I can remember correctly.

 

Damn, you're right.

 

That sounds pretty freaken bad.

0-5 on the road trip with 5 quality starts if I can remember correctly.

 

 

SP's combined for 1.82 ERA (34.2 IP, 7 ER)

 

That hurts. Our starters deserve wins with that kind of ERA

0-5 on the road trip with 5 quality starts if I can remember correctly.

 

 

SP's combined for 1.82 ERA (34.2 IP, 7 ER)

 

Still baffled looking at those numbers how we managed to lose all 5 games.

Ridiculously good, just like in spring training I really think we have a top 5 starting pitching staff when guys are on.

Problem is there is probably 4 teams in the NL East with a top 10 pitching staff so it comes down to scoring runs and the bullpen.

Problem is there is probably 4 teams in the NL East with a top 10 pitching staff so it comes down to scoring runs and the bullpen.

 

Well we just got swept by that 1 team in the NL East without a "top 10 pitching staff"...

Problem is there is probably 4 teams in the NL East with a top 10 pitching staff so it comes down to scoring runs and the bullpen.

 

Well we just got swept by that 1 team in the NL East without a "top 10 pitching staff"...

 

Let's see what our overall record vs the Mets is this year.

Some of you are worse then this team and I really wish you would go back to those holes you have been hiding in. If you don't like watching the team playing and hate it so much, get the f*** out of here. I hate sh*tty loses as much as the next person but some of you only care enough just to bitch and moan.

 

And I didn't get to add my 5 cent into the game day after it closed but to whoever thought that Loria would get the message because you won't buy that one authentic jersey needs their head examined. I'm sure Loria couldn't give two shits if you bought another in your life. He's makin his money else where.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.