April 26, 201214 yr Problem is there is probably 4 teams in the NL East with a top 10 pitching staff so it comes down to scoring runs and the bullpen. Well we just got swept by that 1 team in the NL East without a "top 10 pitching staff"... I gave you a thumbs up for this intelligent comment, ha! and yea the Mets *sigh*. Although Santana is an ace and Dickey owned us last year, still no excuses. Does anyone else think this team is just toying with us to make the showtime episodes that much better, watch us have like an insane June, winning 20 games, Bell closing 18 of them.
April 26, 201214 yr It is extremely frustrating because this team can hit better and they should hit better. Ozzie needs to get on these players for being chumps at this point in the season. Its time for a classic Ozzie rant
April 26, 201214 yr I like this one, the other one just makes me hate Bell more because his cartoon body is skinnier than his real body. I would probably hate him less if he was in better shape.
April 26, 201214 yr Next closing situation if I'm Ozzie, Heath Bell doesn't get the ball. Give it to Cishek or whatever. Put Bell in non-save situations 'til he fixes this stuff. 3 losses in just 18 games directly attributed to him. Can't waste games while he figures this out.
April 26, 201214 yr Bell is fat(er than usual) and out of shape. My guess is that is having to do with his issues.
April 26, 201214 yr I feel bad for Zambrano. He has pitched well and seen his wins being blown by Bell. Knowing Z's temper, I'm surprised he is taking it so well. I don't feel too bad for him. He's still making a buncha millions from the cubs and if he keeps this up, he'll be due for another sweet contract next year
April 26, 201214 yr Bell is fat(er than usual) and out of shape. My guess is that is having to do with his issues. He's always been fat.
April 26, 201214 yr We cant score runs. And we wont get better especially when one of the 3-4 guys that were expected to do well has become a joke. Stanton is a flop. A big for nothing flop. Mike Stanton hit 34 home runs last year and is 22 freakin' years old. Please leave. edit: 34, not 37 (Thanks, Mike)
April 26, 201214 yr Bells ERA for today's game: 27.00. Whip: 7.5. Laughable. Hes about to get dropped from my fantasy team.
April 26, 201214 yr We cant score runs. And we wont get better especially when one of the 3-4 guys that were expected to do well has become a joke. Stanton is a flop. A big for nothing flop. Mike Stanton hit 37 home runs last year and is 22 freakin' years old. Please leave. He ... he hit 34.
April 26, 201214 yr We cant score runs. And we wont get better especially when one of the 3-4 guys that were expected to do well has become a joke. Stanton is a flop. A big for nothing flop. Mike Stanton hit 37 home runs last year and is 22 freakin' years old. Please leave. He ... he hit 34. I wouldn't call him a flop, I think were overreacting here a bit. However, you guys seem to have put a lot of stock in this guy. Look at what happened to RoTY CC.
April 26, 201214 yr We cant score runs. And we wont get better especially when one of the 3-4 guys that were expected to do well has become a joke. Stanton is a flop. A big for nothing flop. Mike Stanton hit 37 home runs last year and is 22 freakin' years old. Please leave. He ... he hit 34. I wouldn't call him a flop, I think were overreacting here a bit. However, you guys seem to have put a lot of stock in this guy. Look at what happened to RoTY CC. Except this is different.
April 26, 201214 yr I expect the offense to come around but watch the pitching take a dive when it does. Good to see Gaby go deep.
April 26, 201214 yr We cant score runs. And we wont get better especially when one of the 3-4 guys that were expected to do well has become a joke. Stanton is a flop. A big for nothing flop. Mike Stanton hit 37 home runs last year and is 22 freakin' years old. Please leave. He ... he hit 34. I wouldn't call him a flop, I think were overreacting here a bit. However, you guys seem to have put a lot of stock in this guy. Look at what happened to RoTY CC. lol really? There was EVERY reason to expect lots of regression from CC, whereas Stanton has only gotten better, and he didn't really have any scary peripherals.
April 26, 201214 yr We cant score runs. And we wont get better especially when one of the 3-4 guys that were expected to do well has become a joke. Stanton is a flop. A big for nothing flop. Mike Stanton hit 37 home runs last year and is 22 freakin' years old. Please leave. He ... he hit 34. Close enough.
April 26, 201214 yr I created this one, actually. lol Really? That's so cool! Congrats on having your meme be selected to be posted by "Marlins"!
April 26, 201214 yr I've read the first two pages and I am stopping there... for those who say "It's early" and the games don't mean so much this early in the season... you can kiss my ass - every game counts - especially now that the NL East is tough - we can't beat anyone in this f***ing division... what a goddamn joke
April 26, 201214 yr the "early in the season" crap is getting annoying. one game counts just as much now as it does later. and if we're fortunate to claw our way back into postseason consideration later on down the road and we end up being out by 2-3 games....yeah...these same idiots saying "oh don't worry, it's early" will come up with some other dreck of an excuse. this team has zero fire, zero urgency, and zero heart right now. I don't know what it is about these guys but it seems like they just don't care when they bat. it's like they don't even bother trying to improve and hope that flailing at a ball will get them their hits. it's disgusting to watch.
April 26, 201214 yr I've read the first two pages and I am stopping there... for those who say "It's early" and the games don't mean so much this early in the season... you can kiss my ass - every game counts - especially now that the NL East is tough - we can't beat anyone in this f***ing division... what a goddamn joke the "early in the season" crap is getting annoying. one game counts just as much now as it does later. No one (at least no one sensible) is saying that 1 game now isn't worth as much as 1 game then -- that's a complete straw man. The point is that there is still a long time to make the games up. Being 6 back in April means you still have a real shot, whereas being 6 back in September usually spells doom. That's what's being said.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.