April 26, 201214 yr It being April is an old excuse than ran out after the first week, and a realistic fan of the Marlins would be disappointed with this team so far and like a few realistic fans have said on this board, these loses aren't going to help are chances for a wild card spot late in the season, especially considering how we are blowing leads. That's one thing, but cut the mocking out. We're all pissed at the Marlins, there's no need to troll each other like we're the ones to blame for taking a stance of being more patient because it IS April. Eh, it's just hard to have much respect for users who come and here and post one sentence responses like "It's only April" really, thanks for sharing that useful information. This is a forum board were supposed to talk about the Marlins, people who want to bring their own agenda to the forum boards because they wan't a reaction aren't worth responding to and unfortunately there is a lot of people here like that.
April 26, 201214 yr how was bell so good with the padres? he has 2 pitches and his fastball is flat as f***.
April 26, 201214 yr I just don't get this from Heath Bell. Has he ever gone through anything like this? and even if they'd have hung on here, the offense is still sucking. 6 hits against John Niese??? NO. thought Hanley was looking good and now he's back in a funk, Reyes and Stanton haven't gotten going at all, LoMo has to sit every other day, GRRRRR. You know the offense will get on track eventually but I'd rather it happen before we're 10-12 games back... things can turn around quickly. It is just stunning to me that we have a losing record with the way the starters have thrown. Yet another quality start.
April 26, 201214 yr I hope Ozzie curses up a storm in the post-game conference. If he goes in there and speaks in that lame monotone tone that he has been using lately, I will shoot my TV set. i watching press conf now he not old oz he look too nice
April 26, 201214 yr We knew we weren't getting Mariano Rivera here. It wasn't look this was his first blown save and we're all up in arms. The guy has looked awful. His control is terrible and he's personally cost us 3 games. 7-11 instead of 10-8. I'd take a John Axford, Joe Nathan or even a Francisco Rodney over him.
April 26, 201214 yr Ozzie on Bell: "He is my man, he is my closer, and I'm not going to change my mind"
April 26, 201214 yr I cannot believe this tame and meek man in the post-game press conference is the same Ozzie we hired. He looks like he doesn't care. Definitely not the old Ozzie.
April 26, 201214 yr We knew we weren't getting Mariano Rivera here. It wasn't look this was his first blown save and we're all up in arms. The guy has looked awful. His control is terrible and he's personally cost us 3 games. 7-11 instead of 10-8. I'd take a John Axford, Joe Nathan or even a Francisco Rodney over him. ... Who? Fernando Rodney or Francisco Rodriguez. I realize he's been sh*t so far, but I have faith that he, like our offense, will turn it around. I just hope the starting pitching can hold up.
April 26, 201214 yr We knew we weren't getting Mariano Rivera here. It wasn't look this was his first blown save and we're all up in arms. The guy has looked awful. His control is terrible and he's personally cost us 3 games. 7-11 instead of 10-8. I'd take a John Axford, Joe Nathan or even a Francisco Rodney over him. no you wouldn't.
April 26, 201214 yr Ozzie on Bell: "He is my man, he is my closer, and I'm not going to change my mind" then say goodbye to any chance of a playoff team
April 26, 201214 yr We knew we weren't getting Mariano Rivera here. It wasn't look this was his first blown save and we're all up in arms. The guy has looked awful. His control is terrible and he's personally cost us 3 games. 7-11 instead of 10-8. I'd take a John Axford, Joe Nathan or even a Francisco Rodney over him. no you wouldn't. but i would take craig kimbrel
April 26, 201214 yr Ozzie on Bell: "He is my man, he is my closer, and I'm not going to change my mind" then say goodbye to any chance of a playoff team It's April. Don't worry about the playoffs until August.
April 26, 201214 yr Author I cannot believe this tame and meek man in the post-game press conference is the same Ozzie we hired. He looks like he doesn't care. Definitely not the old Ozzie. Maybe because he also realizes that it's still only April. If I were Ozzie, I'd be more worried about the offense.
April 26, 201214 yr not gonna watch this team this upcoming series. hopefully we can get something going.
April 26, 201214 yr I'd take a John Axford, Joe Nathan or even a Francisco Rodney over him. And any of those teams would make that trade with you. If I were Ozzie, I'd be more worried about the offense. Me too
April 26, 201214 yr I'd take a John Axford, Joe Nathan or even a Francisco Rodney over him. And any of those teams would make that trade with you. Would they, though? With Bell's contract?
April 26, 201214 yr Bell shouldn't be closing any more games until he figures out his control, I didn't watch him much with the Padres before he came to the Marlins. It looks like he was good a lot of the time based on the amount of wildness he had on his pitches. Unfortunately when you don't first get strikes and you're not fooling anyone no one is going to swing at that crap.
April 26, 201214 yr Would they, though? With Bell's contract? Well true, that is a factor but just talking talent wise.
April 26, 201214 yr Stanton and LoMo must have a bet going about who can suck at the plate or suck in the field more. Both are winning. actually logans been pretty good, stanton has sucked
April 26, 201214 yr I'm actually more worried about Bell than the offense. There's no doubt the offense will be better than this. I'm not so sure about Bell right now.
April 26, 201214 yr I'm actually more worried about Bell than the offense. There's no doubt the offense will be better than this. I'm not so sure about Bell right now. Erick, you of all people?
April 26, 201214 yr I'm actually more worried about Bell than the offense. There's no doubt the offense will be better than this. I'm not so sure about Bell right now. I just don't think his career would make it a 180, he was a dependable closer last season. Maybe he wouldn't be at the same level but barring a hidden injury I don't understand how he'd just suddenly lose it.
April 26, 201214 yr I'm actually more worried about Bell than the offense. There's no doubt the offense will be better than this. I'm not so sure about Bell right now. I just don't think his career would make it a 180, he was a dependable closer last season. Maybe he wouldn't be at the same level but barring a hidden injury I don't understand how he'd just suddenly lose it. His velocity is there so don't think it's an injury... Has he gained a lot of weight since last year?
April 26, 201214 yr I'm actually more worried about Bell than the offense. There's no doubt the offense will be better than this. I'm not so sure about Bell right now. I just don't think his career would make it a 180, he was a dependable closer last season. Maybe he wouldn't be at the same level but barring a hidden injury I don't understand how he'd just suddenly lose it. A hidden injury is what I'm paranoid about right now. I just don't know, the velocity is there, we've seen some good breaking pitches. I think it was against David Wright that he threw a nasty curve on a 2-1 count. Then he just lost the offspeed for the rest of the inning.
April 26, 201214 yr Wow this is hard to even think about. The two biggest spenders in the marlins and angels are 7-11 and 6-13. Well done.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.