06/13/2012 Post Game Thread

Miami_Marlins_fan

OK, the schedule this month is brutal but still have to win some of these... This team got to first place and then the threads unraveled... When you see a recent line-up during this month the 5 hole hitter is hitting .225 (Logan) and then you have 6 7 & 8 hitting under .200... I put this on the FO for its lack of evaluating MLB talent

theoretically we could still go .500 for the month, and it wouldn't require us sweeping anyone. If we manage that I think we'll still be in the race come july, a month we went 17 and 10 last year.

Shut up! Your destroying all the others fun. You cant think positively or logically. This team sucks let's fire ozzie and Perez and let's trade the team away.

I can't believe some actually believe firing the hitting coach is gonna suddenly fix this teams hitting woes. They're major leaguers, they know what to do. Quite a few of them just aren't very good at it right now or at all.

Did you see that swing from Gaby at the end? I don't even know what to call it but I don't know how I guy who swings like that is in the majors. Thats not Perez that just a guy who does t have a f***ing clue how to swing properly.

I can't believe some actually believe firing the hitting coach is gonna suddenly fix this teams hitting woes. They're major leaguers, they know what to do. Quite a few of them just aren't very good at it right now or at all.

Did you see that swing from Gaby at the end? I don't even know what to call it but I don't know how I guy who swings like that is in the majors. Thats not Perez that just a guy who does t have a f***ing clue how to swing properly.

He got to the majors with that swing. He was an all star in the first half last season with that swing. There is no sure fire way to swing and hit well. Look at Hunter Pence. His swing is ugly as hell yet he usually hits.

I think this team is at least ~10 games better than the 2011 team with the addition of Reyes, Bruhle etc. Unfortunately this projected result would not be enough to compete for titles. Today at least half of the team is well below league average while there is no such a core like the major league best defensive infield of Lee - Castillo - Gonzo - Lowell was around 2000-2003. In those years there was an inherited farm system that provided first tier players like Beckett, Cabrera and Adrian Gonzalez with great trade value and Willis.

He got to the majors with that swing. He was an all star in the first half last season with that swing. There is no sure fire way to swing and hit well. Look at Hunter Pence. His swing is ugly as hell yet he usually hits.

Pence is a good example but his bat is much more square and swing much more compact thought the zone.

Guest Guest

Fire Billy, and/or Rich Waltz. Dont think that has been said before. (my apologies if it has)

They should get rid of Hutton instead. I'm getting tired of his knob gobbling of Donovan Solano.

Sad game.

Loria built a great stadium that stands on a good foundation.

He bought some expensive players to add to a team that has no core and the farm system is empty.

Winner, and we won't win for many years to come until we continue to build the farm system.

I guarantee by the time we are good again and can actually make the playoffs the Nationals or Rays will have won a world series.

Miami is a weird city though I can see people coming to the stadium for years just because it's nice which is ironic considering the Marlins were competitive at Sun Life for a few years and no one came.

I guess if it helps revenue, whatever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.