The Front Office

4-5 GMs through 9 years? What teams did that?

I wonder that, too.

I mean, hell, Billy Beane trades young players for even younger players and he's still a GM, and they've not been since 06 [or even close].

Lol ok maybe a little exaggerated. But 2-3 I think.

Either way, they just aren't getting it done. And Michael Hill is just Beinfest's minion like Jed hoyer is to Theo Epstein.

At what point do Michael Hill and Admin Beinfest go even with them seemingly having lifetime contracts.

If we don't make the playoffs this year that will be 9 straight years.

Most teams would have gone through 2-3 GMs by then.

They aren't getting it done.

I've said this before and gotten roasted by some on this board. Thank God I am not alone anymore.

I wonder that, too.

I mean, hell, Billy Beane trades young players for even younger players and he's still a GM, and they've not been since 06 [or even close].

But the Marlins haven't been since 2003. And close is just not good enough.

But the oblivious blind faithers will I am sure defend his honor......

I wonder that, too.

But the Marlins haven't been since 2003. And close is just not good enough.

But the oblivious blind faithers will I am sure defend his honor......

- Calls people out on their blind faith

- Goes to Church

:|

Look, no matter if you think Beinfest is good or bad, results are what matters, and he just hasn't gotten the job done.

On many levels......

New and fresh blood and outlook are needed by this franchise. If Loria is serious about winning - TRULY SERIOUS - in my opinion he will do something about it by the beginning of next season. This mediocrity is already killing attendance.

Same old Marlins.......

At what point do Michael Hill and Admin Beinfest go even with them seemingly having lifetime contracts.

If we don't make the playoffs this year that will be 9 straight years.

Most teams would have gone through 2-3 GMs by then.

They aren't getting it done.

I've said this before and gotten roasted by some on this board. Thank God I am not alone anymore.

You were "roasted" for saying stuff much more outrageous than that.

On a more serious note, I wish two things would happen in the offseason:

1.) Loria/Samson should make a greater attempt to stay out of baseball decisions. Putting all of the pieces together, I get the impression that Loria was pretty integral in several of the free agent signings, especially Buck and Bell. I suppose it's Loria's money to waste, but when you start accumulating a lot of dead weight contracts, your hands can be tied.

2.) Beinfest/Hill should leave the organization. I don't think they've been terrible in the slightest, but I would like to see some fresh blood. I'm pretty dissatisfied with the current core of players and think that a fresh perspective would go a long ways in restocking the farm system and simulaneously fielding a competitive team. It would be pretty cool if they could bring someone in who's more statistically oriented.

1.) Loria/Samson should make a greater attempt to stay out of baseball decisions. Putting all of the pieces together, I get the impression that Loria was pretty integral in several of the free agent signings, especially Buck and Bell. I suppose it's Loria's money to waste, but when you start accumulating a lot of dead weight contracts, your hands can be tied.

2.) Beinfest/Hill should leave the organization. I don't think they've been terrible in the slightest, but I would like to see some fresh blood. I'm pretty dissatisfied with the current core of players and think that a fresh perspective would go a long ways in restocking the farm system and simulaneously fielding a competitive team. It would be pretty cool if they could bring someone in who's more statistically oriented.

I agree on both points.

I would love to bring in a GM/President of Baseball Operations who uses Sabermetrics.

I agree with this, it's time for some new people, and it has been 9 years...