Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Chick-fil-a dilemma

Featured Replies

He has a right to his opinion of course, per the 1st Amendment - but sometimes it's better for one's livelihood to keep one's mouth shut. This reminds me a bit of the Hank Williams Jr ESPN fiasco not long ago.

I know this might offend some people the way I word this bit I guess you can say I support gay marriage but I could careless if gay marriage was legal but I'm so absolutely sick about hearing about gay marriage and hearing it dominating over more universally important topics that I wish they would just legalize it.

 

As far as my stance on chickfila. Unless they are saying they are butchering women and children or something to that point, I can seperate my views from there ideas.

The business owner should speak for himself, not his entire company. I'm not sure all of his employees probably like having one guy speak for all of them.

I know this might offend some people the way I word this bit I guess you can say I support gay marriage but I could careless if gay marriage was legal but I'm so absolutely sick about hearing about gay marriage and hearing it dominating over more universally important topics that I wish they would just legalize it.

 

 

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous. So much time is devoted to something that is so useless. Gay people being married or not - ultimately for better or for worse the outcome of legalizing it is something that doesn't do anything. What I mean by that is... life will go on as it did before. I dunno if you guys follow what I'm saying or not... but basically... it's a much bigger issue than it should be.

I know this might offend some people the way I word this bit I guess you can say I support gay marriage but I could careless if gay marriage was legal but I'm so absolutely sick about hearing about gay marriage and hearing it dominating over more universally important topics that I wish they would just legalize it.

 

 

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous. So much time is devoted to something that is so useless. Gay people being married or not - ultimately for better or for worse the outcome of legalizing it is something that doesn't do anything. What I mean by that is... life will go on as it did before. I dunno if you guys follow what I'm saying or not... but basically... it's a much bigger issue than it should be.

 

I can't tell if your being facicious or not B. so I'll clarify in case. Gay marriage affects a lesser amount of people than say the economy. Less time should be spent on bitching about gay marriage in the news and courts. The amount of time and resources wasted fighting for or against is doing nothing to help the majority of the US from looming threats. I have no problem with them wanting the right to get married and dont have anything against gay or lesbains couples.

Facetious? Where did you get that impression?

 

I am hugely in favor of gay marriage and gay rights, but with that being said I'm not being facetious. It's a bunch of uneducated conservative rebels who wont get with the times and realize that they're on the losing side of the argument that is preventing a very easy problem from being solved.

 

It's either conform your views or get left behind. There's a reason why liberalism and libertarianism is much more popular among young people. Everyone is gay nowadays. People want freedom.

Pretty simple. They are free to say and do what they want, and I am free to decide whether to eat there. Sometimes the consequences are good and sometimes bad. Most times, companies don't like negative publicity and stay out of it because you want everyone.

 

The whole attack on JC Penny/Ellen by anti-gay organizations was stupid. It made gays support JC Penny, and since gays are leaders in fashion, this was good for JC Penny.

 

I won't eat there because, while good, they aren't that good. McDonalds has matched them IMO with their southern style chicken sandwich. Chipotle is also ten times better for lunch than Chick-fil-a

Facetious? Where did you get that impression?

 

I am hugely in favor of gay marriage and gay rights, but with that being said I'm not being facetious. It's a bunch of uneducated conservative rebels who wont get with the times and realize that they're on the losing side of the argument that is preventing a very easy problem from being solved.

 

It's either conform your views or get left behind. There's a reason why liberalism and libertarianism is much more popular among young people. Everyone is gay nowadays. People want freedom.

 

 

Sorry Dr. B the word I should have used was saracastic. I couldn't tell if you were agreeing. I consider my self to have conservative beliefs but this is one topic the conservatives need to drop.

Is Chick Fil A franchised or all corporate?

 

I f***ing hate going in there but sometimes you really want fried chicken...

 

Franchised. They are very strict about their franchise owners though. I believe you have to work in management for the company before you own one. I have been told that they send you to school to learn their business style and expectations as well.

 

Begs the question -

 

Can a Jew get a franchise?

Would that even be legal?

Facetious? Where did you get that impression?

 

I am hugely in favor of gay marriage and gay rights, but with that being said I'm not being facetious. It's a bunch of uneducated conservative rebels who wont get with the times and realize that they're on the losing side of the argument that is preventing a very easy problem from being solved.

 

It's either conform your views or get left behind. There's a reason why liberalism and libertarianism is much more popular among young people. Everyone is gay nowadays. People want freedom.

 

 

Sorry Dr. B the word I should have used was saracastic. I couldn't tell if you were agreeing. I consider my self to har conservative beliefs but this is one topic the conservatives need to drop.

 

Well because it's not actually a 'conservative' viewpoint. It's a viewpoint that conservatives have picked a side on. So many conservatives are only against it because that's what fits their agenda. Most people don't give a crap.

I always get a kick out of people who support gay marriage because they are so open-minded but then call people names who don't agree with their opinion.

 

I support gay marriage and I support CFA's delicious, delicious chicken.

Whatever the CEO says, it'll be reflected in the store sales if enough people vote with their wallet and conscience.

I'm thinking that gay folks like the product as much as straight folks, and the gay folks will find more effective ways of hurting the company and they'll be in the drive-thru line in front of me.

.

The customer service is great, the employees nice, the place is clean, the food is the best fast food out there.

The only dilemma I have is whether to get the regular or spicy, or both!

I always get a kick out of people who support gay marriage because they are so open-minded but then call people names who don't agree with their opinion.

 

I support gay marriage and I support CFA's delicious, delicious chicken.

 

 

I can't stand hypocritical people who act like they're all okay with people being gay because they are so open-minded yet in the meantime make a daily joke out of it.

 

I also support Chick Fil A's delicious chicken.

The business owner should speak for himself, not his entire company. I'm not sure all of his employees probably like having one guy speak for all of them.

 

 

Then they can quit :$

 

No, but seriously, they can. The employees don't give a sh*t as long as they're being paid for doing their jobs.

Pretty simple. They are free to say and do what they want, and I am free to decide whether to eat there. Sometimes the consequences are good and sometimes bad. Most times, companies don't like negative publicity and stay out of it because you want everyone.

 

The whole attack on JC Penny/Ellen by anti-gay organizations was stupid. It made gays support JC Penny, and since gays are leaders in fashion, this was good for JC Penny.

 

I won't eat there because, while good, they aren't that good. McDonalds has matched them IMO with their southern style chicken sandwich. Chipotle is also ten times better for lunch than Chick-fil-a

WHAT. How can you even...CFA matched by McDonald's? Wtf did I just read

 

The southern style chicken sandwich at McDonalds is solid. And yes, it's my position that CFA is monumentally overrated. They have one good sandwich. One. It gets old. And I hate waffle fries. There. I said it.

 

Checkers>>>>>>>>>>Wendy's>>CFA.

I always get a kick out of people who support gay marriage because they are so open-minded but then call people names who don't agree with their opinion.

 

I support gay marriage and I support CFA's delicious, delicious chicken.

 

 

If someone says they dont want blacks and whites to date or marry, and you call them close-minded. Can they respond with "you should be open-minded about my racial views?" I mean being open-minded doesn't mean being open-minded to bigotry.

I always get a kick out of people who support gay marriage because they are so open-minded but then call people names who don't agree with their opinion.

 

 

This is a silly opinion to have. For real.

Pretty simple. They are free to say and do what they want, and I am free to decide whether to eat there. Sometimes the consequences are good and sometimes bad. Most times, companies don't like negative publicity and stay out of it because you want everyone.

 

The whole attack on JC Penny/Ellen by anti-gay organizations was stupid. It made gays support JC Penny, and since gays are leaders in fashion, this was good for JC Penny.

 

I won't eat there because, while good, they aren't that good. McDonalds has matched them IMO with their southern style chicken sandwich. Chipotle is also ten times better for lunch than Chick-fil-a

WHAT. How can you even...CFA matched by McDonald's? Wtf did I just read

 

The southern style chicken sandwich at McDonalds is solid. And yes, it's my position that CFA is monumentally overrated. They have one good sandwich. One. It gets old. And I hate waffle fries. There. I said it.

 

Checkers>>>>>>>>>>Wendy's>>CFA.Where do you live so I can KILL YOUR FACE.

 

5200 Buffington Rd

Atlanta, GA 30349

This BS has gotten overly ridiculous now. People are talking about doing protest and same sex "kiss ins".

 

Why cant people just stop eating there if they are so overly offended and find a meaningful way to promote marriage equality, like actually protesting where the people are making the laws banning a gay marriage.

This BS has gotten overly ridiculous now. People are talking about doing protest and same sex "kiss ins".

 

Why cant people just stop eating there if they are so overly offended and find a meaningful way to promote marriage equality, like actually protesting where the people are making the laws banning a gay marriage.

 

 

People were only discussing this because Christian groups are doing a "Chick Fil A appreciation day."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.