So What's Next?

marlins1994

They should've kept this team. They're so f***ing awesome. 8 games under .500 with the 3rd worst run differential in the National League. They definitely would've turned it around.

f***ing cheap bastards. Should've given Hanley another 15 million next year. What's 15 million? They should be more patient, but they just had to be cheap. Why run out of patience? It's only been over 2 years. He's clearly still a superstar. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Fire sale!

We should stop being cheap and just spend more money. Spending more is always the answer because it's exciting. It shows that the front office cares! Until they spend it on the likes of Ricky Nolasco, Heath Bell, and John Buck. The front office sucks again! They can't wiiiiinnnnn!!

Funny how the marlins best season recently was the 87 wins in 2009 and we had like 20 blown saves that year.

Coincidentally, that was Hanley's best season. That team was nowhere near as talented as this one.

Funny how Andrew mccutchen is hitting .370 and with mediocre talent they are right up there.

I think I missed the joke.

^You used to be cool. :(

Am I really supposed to be excited about the next 3 years?

Be whatever you feel like being but the negativity is ridiculous at this point. neither side of this argument is going to convince the other. We were lucky to get what we could get for what we gave up.......bottom line. If you feel you could have done better, the beauty with this great country that we live in is, get the right education, work your way into an organization, become a GM, and PROVE IT! Goddam I am so sick of the negative bitching on here. If you dont like what they did, go follow the Rays or Yankees. I don't care what you do but stop worshipping a guy that hasn't lived up to his end of the contract. he was dead weight!

Funny how the marlins best season recently was the 87 wins in 2009 and we had like 20 blown saves that year.

Coincidentally, that was Hanley's best season. That team was nowhere near as talented as this one.

Funny how Andrew mccutchen is hitting .370 and with mediocre talent they are right up there.

It's even funnier how we were about 5 completely unacceptable, mind blowing losses away from making the playoffs that year.

No one is taking Bell, its not a secret that he sucks.

The only way they can get rid of bell and buck is if they package everybody they want to get rid of with Stanton.

i.e.

Marlins trade away:

Buck

Bell

Nolasco

(Anyone making more than $1 mil)

Stanton

Marlins Get:

Used jockstrap and F prospect.

Its the only way theyll be able to rid themselves of these players and there salaries.

^You used to be cool. :(

Am I really supposed to be excited about the next 3 years?

Be whatever you feel like being but the negativity is ridiculous at this point. neither side of this argument is going to convince the other. We were lucky to get what we could get for what we gave up.......bottom line. If you feel you could have done better, the beauty with this great country that we live in is, get the right education, work your way into an organization, become a GM, and PROVE IT! Goddam I am so sick of the negative bitching on here. If you dont like what they did, go follow the Rays or Yankees. I don't care what you do but stop worshipping a guy that hasn't lived up to his end of the contract. he was dead weight!

If you are what you say you are...a superstarrrr!

It's even funnier how we were about 5 completely unacceptable, mind blowing losses away from making the playoffs that year.

Quite true.

Loria and the Marlins are such cheap bastards. How dare they open the season with the 7th highest payroll/2nd highest payroll in the National League? f***ing front office never spends.

They should've kept this team. They're so f***ing awesome. 8 games under .500 with the 3rd worst run differential in the National League. They definitely would've turned it around.

f***ing cheap bastards. Should've given Hanley another 15 million next year. What's 15 million? They should be more patient, but they just had to be cheap. Why run out of patience? It's only been over 2 years. He's clearly still a superstar. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Fire sale!

Hope these aren't directed at me. I've never said this was a fire sale. I never called them cheap. Ever. Not once. I know how to manage payroll. I get and agree with certain trades and moves. But there is nothing to be excited about for the next few seasons.

Nothing? WE have several guys in the lineup under our control for a while who are very good in Stanton, Reyes, Bonifacio, Lomo, Buck(just kidding) which is a solid foundation if we can add 1-2 more pieces like a David Wright or Josh Hamilton, not to mention pitchers like Buehrle, Eovaldi, and JJ under contract with prospects like Fernandez, Turner, Yelich, Brantly, Realmuto, coming up to take spots.

WE have a solid foundation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.