March 2, 201313 yr So I just got my tickets for Opening Day (yeah, I'm not sure why I'm still contributing to this franchise, either) and got free tickets to another April/May game of my choice. A pretty good deal if you're in to watching us lose and want to go to some games this year. Just a heads up. :plaindance http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ticketing/opening_night_offer.jsp
March 2, 201313 yr So I just got my tickets for Opening Day (yeah, I'm not sure why I'm still contributing to this franchise, either) and got free tickets to another April/May game of my choice. A pretty good deal if you're in to watching us lose and want to go to some games this year. Just a heads up. :plaindance were you buy it ? at window of ballpark?
March 2, 201313 yr Author So I just got my tickets for Opening Day (yeah, I'm not sure why I'm still contributing to this franchise, either) and got free tickets to another April/May game of my choice. A pretty good deal if you're in to watching us lose and want to go to some games this year. Just a heads up. :plaindance were you buy it ? at window of ballpark? http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ticketing/opening_night_offer.jsp
March 2, 201313 yr So those who bought at Winter WarmUp get screwed on the bonus offer.... Smart marketing
March 2, 201313 yr I bought opening day tix a week ago and didn't get the offer Offer is for those who purchased 2/27 or later.
March 2, 201313 yr The attendance numbers are going to be a riot if they're offering deals for people to go lol
March 2, 201313 yr The fact that they're doing this bodes very poorly for attendance, that's for sure. I've never heard of this happening, anywhere, to an MLB team. I mean even in those horrible years between 1998-2002 the team never had this much trouble selling out Opening Day.
March 2, 201313 yr The fact that they're doing this bodes very poorly for attendance, that's for sure. I've never heard of this happening, anywhere, to an MLB team. I mean even in those horrible years between 1998-2002 the team never had this much trouble selling out Opening Day. Mets did it last year.
March 2, 201313 yr I predicted a lot of promos and deals for this year, but never thought there would be one for the opener. If nothing else, it may mean that sales suck but that they're on top of it and intend to be aggressive about generating actual turnstile clicks.
March 6, 201313 yr I'm not going. I've gone to the opener for probably 5 years. Not this year. You're not going?! Damn, you were 8% of the attendance we counted on.
March 6, 201313 yr I'm not going. I've gone to the opener for probably 5 years. Not this year. You're not going?! Damn, you were 8% of the attendance we counted on.Oh well. Unfortunately it is the only way for Loria/FO know the frustration of fans. Otherwise I wouldn't miss it for the world. And from the ticket sales it doesn't appear that I am the only one.
March 7, 201313 yr just wait 1 week before opening day. FREE SEASON TICKETS / To anyone buying opening day tickets.
March 7, 201313 yr I'm not going. I've gone to the opener for probably 5 years. Not this year. You're not going?! Damn, you were 8% of the attendance we counted on.Oh well. Unfortunately it is the only way for Loria/FO know the frustration of fans. Otherwise I wouldn't miss it for the world. And from the ticket sales it doesn't appear that I am the only one. Been to every Home Opener and not missing this one. May be the only game I attend this year, but I'm not breaking the tradition.
March 7, 201313 yr I don't know if I'm going or not yet. This is the first year in a long time that I don't have some ticket plan and I haven't missed an Opening Day since I got a car. But I'm with guys like BroncoBob. I'll (God willing) be here as a Marlins fan long after Loria is gone. No need to break tradition for that guy.
March 7, 201313 yr Proof of when the Mets did it last year in case you all thought I was kidding - http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mets_in_opening_day_panic_N4vH1pX5dJJav5wgxuW24N
March 8, 201313 yr Admin, the Mets weren't playing their second season in a long, long awaited stadium. I get your point that it's not unheard of, but... c'mon. the title of the article on yardbarker made me laugh. "The Miami Marlins have officially resorted to giving away free tickets"
March 8, 201313 yr Author Admin, the Mets weren't playing their second season in a long, long awaited stadium. I get your point that it's not unheard of, but... c'mon. the title of the article on yardbarker made me laugh. "The Miami Marlins have officially resorted to giving away free tickets" They were playing their third season in a stadium they needed a lot. Anytime you open a new stadium, long awaited or not, you shouldn't have to run a promo like this for at least the first three years.
March 8, 201313 yr Sean Flynn the marlins marketing guy was rattling off their promotional deals during the radio broadcast today & they're certainly going to be agressive to get people in the seats. With the struggles this season you almost want to give them away. Get people loving that stadium. Then when/if the team gets better down the road maybe it'll carry over. Desperately trying to sell out Opening Day too. If you buy a ticket now you'll get a free one to use anytime in April or May. Mondays you can buy an all-you-can-eat package plus military gets in free. Tuesday is half price tickets, Wednesdays kids eat free, Thursdays seniors get in free.... more stuff here... http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ticketing/ticket_special.jsp
March 8, 201313 yr Wow.....the three concerts that have been announced thus far are eeeeekkkkkkkkk: Willy Chirino on 4/13 Coolio on 4/27 with Biz Markie and DJ Sama Fatman Scoop on 5/18
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.