9 More Cuts

Admin

Reed, Sanabia, Hand, Jensen optioned to AAA

Dyson, Olmos, Ozuna optioned to AA

Smith & Gimenez re-assigned to minor league camp

Looks like LeBlanc will be our 5th starter

Maybe, but Maine Slowey and Koehler are still there too.

Koehler won't make it. If he didn't even get a shot in '10 when he was dominating AA, he won't get a shot now. Maine and Slowey could still challenge but LeBlanc is definitely the front runner.

So, is Petersen on the team?

He got in yesterday's game.

Actually, Slowey looked pretty good. After giving up that first pitch dinger, he settled in and K'd 5 before the mini melt down in the 3rd. Walks and HBP was his downfall. Koehler evidently had a bad day.

Side note.....Relief pitcher Phillips must have a good sense of humor. Wears #66.

So, is Petersen on the team?

It's unlikely he makes it onto the Opening Day roster. I think he will be cut in one of the next rounds of cuts.

But..but...but..he has a CANNON for a arm. Anyone else in camp that will make the team with a better arm than him? I always thought it was common knowledge that Petey has the best arm, yes, even over Stanton, in the outfield. Or am I wrong?

Nah - his arm is fine but not elite or anything. And though he hit pretty well in 2011, last year he stunk at the plate.

Gorkys can't hit either but he's rated as an elite defensive outfielder and they seem determined to play him, so if he's the #4 OF (giving Ruggs & JP a rest), Petey doesn't have as much use. May as well use someone with more bat, if we have such a thing.

Am i the only one who doesnt understand why the team doesnt use Sanabia in the rotation?

He was called up and pitched very well in his starts before he got hurt last year and with the lack of resources we have as starting options why isnt he int the rotation.

Nah - his arm is fine but not elite or anything. And though he hit pretty well in 2011, last year he stunk at the plate.

Gorkys can't hit either but he's rated as an elite defensive outfielder and they seem determined to play him, so if he's the #4 OF (giving Ruggs & JP a rest), Petey doesn't have as much use. May as well use someone with more bat, if we have such a thing.

I told Petey on Twitter last year he has a CANNON for a arm and I *think* he replied with a 'LOL thanks' So even he knows his arm ain't a CANNON.

-_- Mark Kotsay is Mr. Cannon. He still playin. He old now.

I told Petey on Twitter last year he has a CANNON for a arm and I *think* he replied with a 'LOL thanks' So even he knows his arm ain't a CANNON.

-_- Mark Kotsay is Mr. Cannon. He still playin. He old now.

I wouldn't really expect him to say "Yeah I sure do!" I seem to remember that he had an exceptional arm, too.