Great news on Wednesday

Logan Morrison is not going to save this team. He had half a good season, and the last two years prior to the injury saw a major drop off in performance. Why should I believe he will be different now?

We're basically at rock bottom right now. A healty LoMo, even if he's not as good as his best days, is still a major league caliber player in our lineup. He'll almost make things better just by being there. He's definitely an improvement over whatever is out there now.

Lomo still has a lot to prove to me personally.

Did he kick your dog or something

No. But he had what, a hot two months when he started his career, or whatever it was. The rest has been so so. It would be great if he comes back and is productive but I'll just wait and see on that.

Lomo still has a lot to prove to me personally.

Did he kick your dog or something

No. But he had what, a hot two months when he started his career, or whatever it was. The rest has been so so. It would be great if he comes back and is productive but I'll just wait and see on that.

Lomo has around 800 ABs of 800+ OPS ball. He was 334 ABs of .707 OPS ball when he was flailing around in LF with his busted knee like a chicken with his head cut off. He's also only 25. Chances are we get the 800+OPS lomo which would be a huge upgrade compared to the slop we trot out their at 1b every day right now.

All kidding aside, I think our 1B have hit two HR's all year. Dobbs has one and Mahoney has one. I can't think of another one...

That is a reason for concern. We definitely need better power than that from first base. That is one of the positions that you EXPECT to get power from. Along with the corner outfielders and third base. I hope Morrison can provide better production then that. Dobbs is so bad and Mahoney was Majoney before he was hurt.