Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trade Stanton, Seriously, Trade Stanton Now

Featured Replies

  • Author

You trade him in the offseason only in one circumstance. If the front office goes up to him, offers to give him a long term contract, and he refuses to even listen, then you trade him.

 

Any other circumstance at this point? Yeah, you hold onto him and milk him for all he's got.

 

 

"All he's got" this year is lousy production and a long time on the DL

Trade, trade, trade!!! For the love of God and everything that is sacred, trade Stanton now! He is injury prone and a spotty hitter. He could very easily blow out his knee next year and be worth nothing. Let's not take the risk. Trade while value is still high.

A lot of stupidity on the boards over the last couple of days.

 

Yeah. You should say something intellegent since your so much smarter than all the stupid people and our stupid opinions.

That's my point the whole time. The job of the 1st and 2nd hitters is to become a catalyst-- a table setter for guys like Stanton to drive them in. That's why in the case of RISP, SLG is way more important than OBP. For a guy with prodigious power like Stanton, slugging under .500 with RISP is unacceptable.

 

Agree 100 percent!!!!! Let the little guys walk all day. The opposing team will love for Stanton to walk 4 times a night. Joe Maddon wil tell you the same.. Best manager in the MLB.

 

 

The opposing team would love for Stanton to walk 4 times a night?

 

Well lucky for them they can do exactly that via the intentional walk and then they would be so happy!! But instead they must think, y'know Stanton is a free-swinger... if my pitcher gets ahead in the count we might be able to make Stanton get himself out by swinging at a strike 3 outside the strike zone. Which, as it turns out, happens a lot.

 

and a walk with 1st base open is not worthless, it means you didn't make an out. Instead I guess you should flail away wildly at pitches that you're probably not going to put in play. You would be every major league pitcher's favorite hitter to pitch to.

That's my point the whole time. The job of the 1st and 2nd hitters is to become a catalyst-- a table setter for guys like Stanton to drive them in. That's why in the case of RISP, SLG is way more important than OBP. For a guy with prodigious power like Stanton, slugging under .500 with RISP is unacceptable.

 

Agree 100 percent!!!!! Let the little guys walk all day. The opposing team will love for Stanton to walk 4 times a night. Joe Maddon wil tell you the same.. Best manager in the MLB.

The opposing team would love for Stanton to walk 4 times a night?

 

Well lucky for them they can do exactly that via the intentional walk and then they would be so happy!! But instead they must think, y'know Stanton is a free-swinger... if my pitcher gets ahead in the count we might be able to make Stanton get himself out by swinging at a strike 3 outside the strike zone.

 

I like Stanton but yeah he does strike out alot.

Can't take it anymore. See you guys in a few years.

 

 

I can't blame you. I'd consider going on hiatus for awhile myself but that'd mean that the troll wins.

 

This place hasn't been an intelligent place to discuss baseball much at all lately. It's been a circus. Maybe the sh*tty team brings out the worst in people, I don't know.

Can't take it anymore. See you guys in a few years.

 

I can't blame you. I'd consider going on hiatus for awhile myself but that'd mean that the troll wins.

 

This place hasn't been an intelligent place to discuss baseball much at all lately. It's been a circus. Maybe the sh*tty team brings out the worst in people, I don't know.What I don't understand is how you can't have a conversation without attacking people and trying to make everyone believe you have a supreme intelect over them. It's just a discussion. Why so you have to get all snippy at the other members especially me. You and spike must be BFF.

  • Author

Can't believe you said Stanton is a useful 6th slot hitter on a good team.

 

 

Well, I want to be fair and give Stanton his due.

Who would we want from Milwaukee?

And if you say Ryan Braun, I'm using the stick.

 

Braun makes too much money and we are loaded in the outfield with players that have potential to be comparable to him. I have always liked Gallardo though and if they throw in Axford and Aramis Ramirez we can fill alot of holes and I k ow the brewers would be stoked to get Stanton. Plus we would only have to face him like 6 times a year since he would be out west.

Who would we want from Milwaukee?

And if you say Ryan Braun, I'm using the stick.

 

Braun makes too much money and we are loaded in the outfield with players that have potential to be comparable to him. I have always liked Gallardo though and if they throw in Axford and Aramis Ramirez we can fill alot of holes and I k ow the brewers would be stoked to get Stanton. Plus we would only have to face him like 6 times a year since he would be out west.

 

 

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Seriously, there is no way this guy can be serious.

Who would we want from Milwaukee?

And if you say Ryan Braun, I'm using the stick.

 

Braun makes too much money and we are loaded in the outfield with players that have potential to be comparable to him. I have always liked Gallardo though and if they throw in Axford and Aramis Ramirez we can fill alot of holes and I k ow the brewers would be stoked to get Stanton. Plus we would only have to face him like 6 times a year since he would be out west.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Seriously, there is no way this guy can be serious.

Gallardo is 27 years old and is a lock for 200 innings, a sub 4 era and 200 strikeouts a year. Not having the best season so far but his track record is solid and he's a solid 6'' 3' and 215 pounds. We NEED another starting pitcher and he is one of the most underrated in the MLB. Aramis Ramirez is a future hall of famer with at least 3 good years left in him and can provide veteran leadership. Axford can take over closing duties where cishek has struggled (cishek will become the setup man). We can fill our holes big time with that one trade. And I know the brewers will eat alot of salary so we won't be tied down for years. We could become contenders overnight basically. I don't see how that's the dumbest thing you ever heard my friend. Think about it.

*looks up stats*

How is Aramis Ramirez a future Hall of Famer?

 

Dude has been a stud since his Pittsburgh days. He probably won't get in in the first vote but if he has another two or three "aramis Ramirez" years I definitely think he will be making it to Cooperstown. If tony Perez is in the hall of fame (outrageous) then why shouldn't aramis Ramirez be in?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.