Can We Take First Place?

Entendu

Seriously. Can we take first place in the reverse standings?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/reversestandings2014

We are currently 4.5 behind the Astros for Carlos Rodon (since we lost today.)

They have 16 games left to play and we have 18 games. Do you guys think we can do it? This is the closest we've been to winning something since 2009 or so. The Astros just swept the Mariners and will be playing a homestand while we're out on the road. We are getting some major reinforcements from the absence of Jose Fernandez and the emerging presence of Brian Flynn. Regulars like Donovan Solano and Ed Lucas can be expected to contribute immensely as well. Can we do it? Do you believe?

Marlins:

4 @ Mets

3 @ Phillies

4 @ Nationals

3 v Phillies

3 v Tigers

Astros:

3 v Angels

3 v Reds

4 @ Indians

3 @ Rangers

3 v Yankees

Astros have won 3 in a row after sweeping the Mariners. They certainly have some games where they can play to be spoilers.

Think we'll go 4-13 or 5-12. We're screwed with the Astros' schedule.

Is Carlos Rodon going to be easy to sign? Or is it too early for this?

I don't think he'll go higher than 1 again lol. I mean, he might s*** on himself next year and wait another season but I hope not.I thought he was this uber prospect? I think he could go number one again.

But why would you leave a guaranteed number one spot?

I don't think he'll go higher than 1 again lol. I mean, he might s*** on himself next year and wait another season but I hope not.I thought he was this uber prospect? I think he could go number one again.

My worry is we don't draft him at all knowing his signing bonus. If he does fall ala Mark Appel then I guess he leaves and re enters the next draft. But I don't really care about that. My main point the whole time was what if we don't even draft him because his demand will be too high.

My worry is we don't draft him at all knowing his signing bonus. If he does fall ala Mark Appel then I guess he leaves and re enters the next draft. But I don't really care about that. My main point the whole time was what if we don't even draft him because his demand will be too high.

I'm sure they'll try to sign him best they can. Let a couple later on guys slip away.

I think, realistically, we'd have to go like 2-16 for the final 18 games to have a chance.

And I think we can do just that.

That's the spirit!

Very promising start, 4-3 loss to Mets and Astros putting it to the Angels. If we can't beat the sorry ass Mets even with 2 Stanton HR's then I have to say our chance of having the Astros overtake us is very realistic.

I think, realistically, we'd have to go like 2-16 for the final 18 games to have a chance.

And I think we can do just that.

That's the spirit!

Very promising start, 4-3 loss to Mets and Astros putting it to the Angels. If we can't beat the sorry ass Mets even with 2 Stanton HR's then I have to say our chance of having the Astros overtake us is very realistic.

Don't you mean us overtake the Astros?