LoMo traded to Seattle

Capps, 23, posted a 5.49 ERA with 10.1 K/9, 3.5 BB/9 and a 40.1 percent ground-ball rate in 59 innings for the Mariners last season. Though his ERA is unsightly, Capps has averaged 96.5 mph on his fastball in his brief big league career. xFIP pegs a fluky homer-to-flyball ratio (18.8 percent) and a .365 batting average on balls in play as the reason for Capps' woes, suggesting that an ERA of 3.53 would've been more representative of his work in 2013.

That's a nice return, but couldn't they have just kept Webb instead?

I also love how they kept saying they wanted a third baseman, even though we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Webb is terrible. He got lucky last year and his ERA is the only # that looks good. It is extremely unlikely he has similar results in 2014. This guy is pretty big upgrade over Webb although I still don't see the point of trading Lomo to begin with.

I don't hate this trade on our end.

I don't really understand this for the Mariners. They now have three 1B and Safeco isn't exactly the best park for LoMo's approach. Would have been a much better fit for the Brewers.

Just seems like the M's are so dead set on getting bats that they'll take whatever they can get and hope something works. And with Cano its almost an urgent win-now scenario. So they'll hope one of those 1Bs work out.

He has closer stuff and was a top rated Baseball america RP. He is highly regarded in the Mariners circle as the closer and waiting. I think a switch to the NL and role will help him out a ton. I love the move and this also opens up some money to go after a 3B i believe. I never was a Morrison fan and I think this team is going to be fun to watch this seaosn. They are 12-14 wins better than last season.

He has closer stuff and was a top rated Baseball america RP. He is highly regarded in the Mariners circle as the closer and waiting. I think a switch to the NL and role will help him out a ton. I love the move and this also opens up some money to go after a 3B i believe. I never was a Morrison fan and I think this team is going to be fun to watch this seaosn. They are 12-14 wins better than last season.