The Marlins are Signing Miguel Tejada.

Send adeiny ozuna and solano down. Then I will be impressed. Whoever would come up will not do any worse.

I seriously doubt that, especially in the case of Hech. I know it's the popular thing to hate him but he's batting .265.

They can't all be Tulowiski. Who's going to come up and do better?

I seriously doubt that, especially in the case of Hech. I know it's the popular thing to hate him but he's batting .265.

He's batting .265 despite a BABIP 33 points higher than his career average. So that already mediocre .265? It's most likely going down. Also, his slash line is .265/.305/.355. That's depressing and would only be okay if he was providing excellent defense. Despite the smoke and mirrors, he's only been worth a tenth of a win on defense so far.

This is the dumbest thing, this is worse than Wolf even as a minors deal he seems completely irrelevant. This actually seems like more of a 2013 type signing along the lines of Polano, Pierre, Rauch, Kotchman, Diaz, and Olivo than a 2014 signing where we're generally bringing in veterans than can at least contribute positively.

That .265 is inflated by the ridiculous first 5 games the season he had. He has been just as awful as ever since then.

Here's a list of Marlins position players who have accumulated more WAR than Hech this season:

Stanton

Saltalamacchia

Yelich

McGehee

Johnson

Dietrich

Ozuna

Mathis

Jones

Lucas

That's right. Those last three: Mathis. Jones. Lucas (in only 9 games) have all been statistically better than our perennial All Star Gold Glove Silver Slugger.