Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feel free to agree or disagree...

Featured Replies

Not a straw man in any sense of the word. You literally based your entire opinion on his .275 batting average.

 

 

Yawn. If you want to interpret in that way, then fine.

 

Next time I express an opinion about a player I will email you a 255-page dissertation first, so you don't just jump to banal conclusions that conveniently fit your "argument".

 

 

And you base your opinion on taking out:

A) His first 5 games

 

B) "His last 80 or so at bats."

 

His average has kinda hovered around .270, .275 the entire season, obviously with a bit of up and down.

 

You also seemed to ignore that JRD mentioned Hech's plate discipline needs improvement, which it does. Hitting .275 is certainly fine for a #8 hitter. That's supposed to be your second worst hitter besides the pitcher, which last year he absolutely was, but this year that's somewhat debatable [looking at you, Salty]. You want a guy that is getting hits in front of a pitcher to be able to be bunted over, which Hech has done well this year. Honestly, if his plate discipline improved, he'd be a halfway decent lead-off hitter - he's hitting .300 with a .731 OPS when nobody is on base :lol and .331 with 0 outs [.800 OPS].

 

No, Spike, I'm not saying "Lead off with Hech", just saying. Better plate discipline would be nice and he could become a #2 hitter - his "approach" is actually nice for that spot. Kinda wish he'd have more of an "up the middle" approach rather than right/right center, cause then every so often he could pull a ball, but no big deal.

 

Honestly, I feel like you just have something against Hech. And Solano, for that matter.

 

 

Not really. I am basing it on hitting .275 but having an OBP and SLG both in the low 300s. .274 with an OBP of .305. I have never taken any stats out of Hechavarria's line, as even if you leave all the hot streaks in, overall he is still an alarmingly awful hitter. Like, among the worst in baseball. And He would have to be among the most elite fielders this game has seen to be acceptable in the lineup.

 

He is going to be 26 years old and has never shown anything at any level of the game that shows that he will acquire any modicum of plate discipline. He has been an awful hitter his entire professional career.

 

I have no problem with Solano. If he would be used like he should be, sitting in AAA where he only receives a callup in an emergency and not as a starter I would have no problem. This organization wants to shoehorn players like him and Valdespin into starting roles and it is maddening.

 

 

Yawn. If you want to interpret in that way, then fine.

 

Next time I express an opinion about a player I will email you a 255-page dissertation first, so you don't just jump to banal conclusions that conveniently fit your "argument".

 

Or, you know, not just say "he is hitting .275" and ignore the entire rest of his offensive production that places him among the worst at his position in the major leagues. You know, stuff like that.

 

 

Or, you know, not just say "he is hitting .275" and ignore the entire rest of his offensive production that places him among the worst at his position in the major leagues. You know, stuff like that.

 

 

So ... why does he start every game for a team in the Major League if he is so awful, and has done for two years, virtually uninterrupted?

 

It is puzzling.

 

 

Not really. I am basing it on hitting .275 but having an OBP and SLG both in the low 300s. .274 with an OBP of .305. I have never taken any stats out of Hechavarria's line, as even if you leave all the hot streaks in, overall he is still an alarmingly awful hitter. Like, among the worst in baseball. And He would have to be among the most elite fielders this game has seen to be acceptable in the lineup.

 

He is going to be 26 years old and has never shown anything at any level of the game that shows that he will acquire any modicum of plate discipline. He has been an awful hitter his entire professional career.

 

I have no problem with Solano. If he would be used like he should be, sitting in AAA where he only receives a callup in an emergency and not as a starter I would have no problem. This organization wants to shoehorn players like him and Valdespin into starting roles and it is maddening.

 

 

 

Plate discipline will come..... In hech's contract year.

Spike I couldn't agree more about Hech and Valdespolano..The FO knows they are crap but hey they play for cheap and unfortunately the organization has failed in area of player development in recent years. Our best prospects are 2-3 years away

 

 

He started off slow but he actually had a pretty good season with us. 4.1 WAR, no injures, .780 OPS, 40 SB, nice glove.

 

 

 

Yea, IDK if some if you weren't watching, but Reyes was pretty damn good for the Marlins in 2012. I would be ecstatic if he were still here.

Yawn. If you want to interpret in that way, then fine.

 

Next time I express an opinion about a player I will email you a 255-page dissertation first, so you don't just jump to banal conclusions that conveniently fit your "argument".

 

Because the Marlins are at times a very poorly run organization who becomes enamored with crappy players in spite of all the evidence showing they dont belong in MLB, especially as a starter.

 

 

Because the Marlins are at times a very poorly run organization who becomes enamored with crappy players in spite of all the evidence showing they dont belong in MLB, especially as a starter.

 

 

Well, you may have me there, as I can't really think of another MLB team who would have had Kevin Gregg, Carlos Marmol, Randy Wolf and Brad Penny on their rosters at various stages of this season. Cubs?

 

 

Well, you may have me there, as I can't really think of another MLB team who would have had Kevin Gregg, Carlos Marmol, Randy Wolf and Brad Penny on their rosters at various stages of this season. Cubs?

 

 

 

Astros, Mets, Rangers, and Rays?

For those of you saying you'd love to have Jose Reyes still here... If we hadn't have included him in the Toronto deal, they would have never let us have Jeff Mathis.

 

Let that one marinate in ur mind and then get back to me.

The Rays employ horrible people, not necessarily horrible ball players though.

 

 

 

Heath bell disagrees.

Well, you may have me there, as I can't really think of another MLB team who would have had Kevin Gregg, Carlos Marmol, Randy Wolf and Brad Penny on their rosters at various stages of this season. Cubs?

 

no way

 

Theo gave up on Gregg and Marmol last year, and had no one over 33 pitch this year

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.