Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Maddon Leaves Rays

Featured Replies

Man I hope they go back to being the Devil Rays and sucking again too!!! It was probably the season sweep by the Marlins that caused him to rethink his situation! If Mattingly was on the hot seat before, it must now be the volcano seat

 

 

12:29pm: Maddon’s agent, Alan Nero, tells Topkin (Twitter link) that he expects Maddon will manage a team in 2015. Friedman tells Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times (via Twitter) that his new team, the Dodgers, will not be among the suitors regardless of Maddon’s newfound availability.

 

 

Been a few days, just some thoughts on the matter...

 

Surprising that he left so soon after claiming he was sticking around despite Freidmans departure. Something must have gone down. Maddon doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be lying when he said he wasn't leaving. Something had to change his mind.

 

Id be pretty upset if I'm a Rays fan. That franchise is pretty impressive at overcoming hurdles the last several years but the road ahead looks rockier than normal. Is it uphill from here or are their more downturns coming? Definitely a team worth keeping an eye on.

Been a few days, just some thoughts on the matter...

 

Surprising that he left so soon after claiming he was sticking around despite Freidmans departure. Something must have gone down. Maddon doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be lying when he said he wasn't leaving. Something had to change his mind.

 

Id be pretty upset if I'm a Rays fan. That franchise is pretty impressive at overcoming hurdles the last several years but the road ahead looks rockier than normal. Is it uphill from here or are their more downturns coming? Definitely a team worth keeping an eye on.

 

 

 

He didn't know about the clause, the Rays told him of it- they negotiated- and instead of being a lame duck he took off.

 

Some argue this is exactly what the Rays wanted. He left and looks bad, not them.

 

I think Dave Martinez get the job and it was only a matter of time.

He didn't know about the clause, the Rays told him of it- they negotiated- and instead of being a lame duck he took off.

 

Some argue this is exactly what the Rays wanted. He left and looks bad, not them.

 

I think Dave Martinez get the job and it was only a matter of time.

 

 

 

Tampa Bay deserves their team even less than Miami.

 

Can they move already?

 

 

Success starts at the top. The Rays might be fucked or they could be fine. But they had a proven staff... And now they don't.

Success starts at the top. The Rays might be fucked or they could be fine. But they had a proven staff... And now they don't.

 

 

 

Proven staff? Two equals not having one?

Friedman was grooming his replacement for a while, and Maddon's staff WILL stay the same except for him.

 

I imagine Dave Martinez taking over, as he's been mentioned a lot for other jobs in the past.

 

I think everything will stay the same.

Proven staff? Two equals not having one?

Friedman was grooming his replacement for a while, and Maddon's staff WILL stay the same except for him.

 

I imagine Dave Martinez taking over, as he's been mentioned a lot for other jobs in the past.

 

I think everything will stay the same.

 

 

 

Except that Dave Martinez is no Joe Maddon and I forget whom is no Andrew Friedman.

 

Other than that, ya, they will be just fine.

 

I mean even playing in one of the two worst stadiums in MLB, they should still be able to spend money (they dont), considering that national revenues DOUBLED last year and all and revenues just go up yearly.

 

 

Das and Piazza is my new favorite rivalry, this tops Spike and WC

 

 

 

Spikes topping WildCard? Does Wild Blue know?

Wild Blue is into some freaky stuff.

 

 

 

.....

I just can't touch that.

 

 

 

 

That is the line I won't cross.

Except that Dave Martinez is no Joe Maddon and I forget whom is no Andrew Friedman.

 

Other than that, ya, they will be just fine.

 

I mean even playing in one of the two worst stadiums in MLB, they should still be able to spend money (they dont), considering that national revenues DOUBLED last year and all and revenues just go up yearly.

 

 

 

Exactly. And didn't we pick off a few of their scouts last year as well? Things aren't heading in the right direction in Tampa…

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.