Salty available

pollythewog

I was one of the very few that indicated that signing Salty would be regretful

He would never have the production for the Marlins hitting-wise, that many were hoping from him. He would continue to strike out a lot. The 2014 season finalized and every point I made came to be true. His defense behind the plate was actually much worse than I envisioned . I say that the Marlins should cut their losses with him now. He will never get 20 HRs in our stadium or hit .275 which would be needed to make up for his defensive woes. It's not a fire sale but time to take out the garbage. I kind of believe that Salty would rather play elsewhere as well. He may be a very productive player in the future, it just does not seem that it will be with the Marlins

That wasnt in the bet at all. You simply made a $50 bet. The loser doesnt decide where the $$ goes. That is $50 free I can take to Harrahs and play in the no limit holdum room for quite a while which is what I intend to do.

Oh shut up. The money is fine going to the site. And yeah the bet was .800 OPS I believe.

That wasnt in the bet at all. You simply made a $50 bet. The loser doesnt decide where the $$ goes. That is $50 free I can take to Harrahs and play in the no limit holdum room for quite a while which is what I intend to do.

Find the bet. I'm pretty sure I made it a point to say I will only bet if the money goes to Admin...

If I recall, you two were doing your arguing thing at which point spike proposed the bet. I think I then chimed in and said the $50 should go to Admin and I think WC agreed to doing the bet only if it went to Admin, but don't recall spike agreeing or seeing that post.

in which case the bet was never actually agreed to and nobody would owe anything...if what you are saying is true. After all, both sides have to agree to the full terms of the bet.

Give Salty another year in the NL. He will bounce back. Plus, stability at the position is good for a young rotation and Salty has a very favorable deal and brings playoff experience with him. Keep him.

Playoff experience is meaningless. A baseball game is a baseball game, regardless of what the calendar says. Salty was not good in baseball games last season and had a fluke season in 2013 which is making people think he has the potential to bounce back. What we saw last year is probably what Salty is for the rest of his career. He'll never repeat a .372 BABIP. He's a 1-2 WAR player, at best, and horrible at pitch framing, which can be really important for a pitching staff.

I would rather have Jeff Mathis as our starting catcher next year. That's how much I like Saltalamacchia. I absolutely hope he's traded. I'm not sure why he doesn't get criticized as much as all the terrible catchers we've had in the past. He's basically the better looking version of John Buck with more strikeouts.

I would rather have Jeff Mathis as our starting catcher next year. That's how much I like Saltalamacchia. I absolutely hope he's traded. I'm not sure why he doesn't get criticized as much as all the terrible catchers we've had in the past. He's basically the better looking version of John Buck with more strikeouts.

460x.jpg

Love the hair.

Playoff experience is meaningless. A baseball game is a baseball game, regardless of what the calendar says. Salty was not good in baseball games last season and had a fluke season in 2013 which is making people think he has the potential to bounce back. What we saw last year is probably what Salty is for the rest of his career. He'll never repeat a .372 BABIP. He's a 1-2 WAR player, at best, and horrible at pitch framing, which can be really important for a pitching staff.

If Salty is a 2 WAR player he out performs his contract by quite a bit.

And Erick, c'mon man. Saying you would rather have Mathis as our starter is really, really stupid. You aren't stupid.