Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hall of Fame Voting.

Featured Replies

Johnson

 

Martinez

 

Biggio

 

Piazza

 

Smoltz

 

These are the five guys I see getting in, with Bagwell being the closest on the outside looking in.

 

 

... DiMaggio and Berra weren't first ballot hall of famers either, I think it took three or four ballots for them.

 

Maybe the HOF hates Italians.

Gary Sheffield. Period end of story.

 

 

As a Marlin

 

Can't imagine he's going to get in, but if he does- it has to be as a Marlin

  • Author

these guys should be hall of famers on the ballot:

 

bagwell

 

biggio

 

bonds

 

clemens

 

johnson

 

p. martinez

 

piazza

 

raines

 

smoltz

 

these guys have a damn strong case and really should be in also

 

kent

 

e. martinez

 

mussina

 

schilling (who i fucking hate)

 

mussina having the weakest case of those 4.

 

 

  • Author

Biggio, Johnson, Pedro should and will be in I think

 

I think Piazza and Smoltz should also be in but he won't be on this ballot.

 

 

 

based on this:

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AmkBNPY405WAdFBOUVBhbjNRZjYzbWI2d201bm0tSmc&type=view&gid=16&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

 

i cant see them both NOT getting in.

 

voters voting for 10 guys is fun. you know the majority who dont reveal their ballots (which they should), will be dumb fucks that have agendas.

 

BTW, anyone see who bernandio DIDN'T vote for?

 

 

I hope that Piazza doesn't get in again so we can see Piazza31 have his annual childish meltdown.

 

 

 

What meltdown have I had?

I don't know how you guys don't include bonds.

 

 

 

I'd love to seeing happen, he'd be my first vote. Unfortunately nobody else seems to agree.

Interesting choices to say the least, its time the sportswriters/HOF need to come to a decision on the alleged steroid users, if they aren't voting for them for that reason remove them from the ballot and let the veterans committee make a decision in ten years or so. The more I look at the ballot baseball seriously needs to address the elephant in the room and agree that just about everyone was on steroids or PED's during that timeframe and these players excelled more than the others.

 

If I'm voting I wouldn't include Bonds just because he was an ass throughout his career, either on the juice or not. I would vote for McGwire, Sosa just for their reviving baseball after the 94 strike, I'd also include Sheffield and Clemens too. Since a writer can vote for ten the rest would include Johnson, Smoltz, Piazza, Raines, Biggio and Lee Smith. I think the writers will go Johnson, Martinez, Smoltz and maybe Biggio and Piazza

 

 

  • Author

Interesting choices to say the least, its time the sportswriters/HOF need to come to a decision on the alleged steroid users, if they aren't voting for them for that reason remove them from the ballot and let the veterans committee make a decision in ten years or so. The more I look at the ballot baseball seriously needs to address the elephant in the room and agree that just about everyone was on steroids or PED's during that timeframe and these players excelled more than the others.

 

If I'm voting I wouldn't include Bonds just because he was an ass throughout his career, either on the juice or not. I would vote for McGwire, Sosa just for their reviving baseball after the 94 strike, I'd also include Sheffield and Clemens too. Since a writer can vote for ten the rest would include Johnson, Smoltz, Piazza, Raines, Biggio and Lee Smith. I think the writers will go Johnson, Martinez, Smoltz and maybe Biggio and Piazza

 

 

so mcgwire and sosa get into the hall for what they did after the strike?

 

hall of fame is for what you have done over the course of a career, not for a year or three.

 

mcgwire isnt a hall of famer because he could only do one thing well which was hit homers.

 

sosa isnt in largely because of his corked bat I believe, and the flimsy excuse he gave for it. (especially when his power is the main reason he would be considered to start with)

 

 

Put Bonds in

 

I bet Babe Ruth was an ass too

 

The Babe was well loved by reporters, teammates and fans! Not saying he couldn't be considered an ass but thats not how he's portrayed through history, much of his transgressions were probably covered up. As for Bonds all you need to know about him is to watch his teammates reaction after Bonds hit #500, ask Ron Kittle if he thinks he's an ass, I didn't say I don't think he's talented I just I would never vote for him.

 

 

I'm just saying I wouldn't vote for him for that reason, but the original question was asked who I would vote for so there you go feel free to put him in with your vote. It would have been interesting to see what the sportswriters would have done before the steroids I mean flaxseed allegations, I would guess Mr. Personality would have been far from unanimous, but you never know just look at Ty Cobb!

 

 

I don't know how you guys don't include bonds.

 

 

 

I'd love to seeing happen, he'd be my first vote. Unfortunately nobody else seems to agree.

 

1. You just agreed with squall, which in effect means he agrees with you.

 

2. He's gotten over 35% of votes his first couple years of eligibility which means 35% [at least] of writers believe he should be.

 

Silly Wild Card. <3

 

 

What does him being an ass have to do with the hof? This isn't a fucking personality competition.

 

For some reason, they have a "character clause" when voting for the Hall of Fame these days. It's stupid, but they have it.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.