Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cishek to Cardinals

Featured Replies

Not yet

 

Why not, Admin?

 

Zimmerman and Price are too rich for them. Otherwise I think they'll be throwing too much money at Cueto. 

 

 

You guys are wrong...biggest reason to dislike Loria is the freaking rainbow Super Mario logo he dumped on us.

 

 

I'd be shocked if Shields was dealt, it may not take a whole lot but San Diego has no reason to deal him four months into that big contract he got. That'd be such a Marlins move, I don't think Preller is that desperate. It'd probably take the overpay of overpays .

 

 

We don't have the prospects to get Shields. We really don't have the prospects to get anyone outside of the Pete Kozma's of the world.

 

We do have a package for Shields if SD is willing to sell. Our farm system sucks but not this much. Remember that Shields contract lowers his value a bit. We'd be buying low which would be cool since it's anti-Marlins.

 

 

They've got the ace of their staff for the next three seasons and they plan to continue to try and contend immediately, why would San Diego trade that away for, say, a couple pitching prospects who wouldn't help as much as Shields the next three seasons. San Diego was full of surprises last offseason but I don't see this one happening.

 

 

I'd be shocked if Shields was dealt, it may not take a whole lot but San Diego has no reason to deal him four months into that big contract he got. That'd be such a Marlins move, I don't think Preller is that desperate. It'd probably take the overpay of overpays .

 

Heyman and Starke each state that the Padres are shopping him.

 

 

You're wrong

 

Give me a hypothetical trade. I have followed our system for a while, including this year. I can tell you that unless you are trading Tyler Kolek (whose value is dying at the moment anyway) we don't have even a collection of players who the Padres would even consider taking for Shields. Please give me a trade you think they'd accept.

 

 

you know damn well he's gonna be the steve of old. Happens every time they leave the Marlins organization.

 

culture of losing. Now you're getting it. If stanton were on another team, he would have a kapjallion homers. If fernandez was on another team, he would have a megatrillion strikeouts. 

 

Remember....BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO THE MARLINS....VERY BAD THINGS.

 

 

Was DJ involved in the trade talks in any way? negotiating, etc..

 

i hope he was in the talks of being traded for matheny.

 

 

In this season I was disappointed on him, cause of unexpected performance. But I would keep thinking on him as one of an exceptional and a powerful closer in Marlins history. Just wish his luck in St. Louis.

 

I think this deal wasn't good at a glance, but we've lost the decision timing on Cishek and cannot avoid "Sell low" by exhausted FO. At least it's only good that dumped his reminder of contract. 

 

 

Cishek played a leading role in sinking this season when it could have been saved. Apart from the disaster he was the first six weeks or so, to me the two consecutive blowups in SF and LA, when we were playing well on the road and looking to create positive momentum to get back to 500, or at least close to it, went a long way toward destroying our season. Don't think the team ever recovered from those consecutive heartbreaks.

 

Good guy of course, but, for 6.5M, glad to see him go.  Even last night, although he pitched the shutout inning, his slider was getting raked.

 

 

i wish this forum had a delete post option.

 

i agree brother.

 

 

Salary dump.

 

Not like Cishek was an All Star closer the last three years prior or anything.

 

I guess this is the point where I talk about how we traded Cishek's contract so the money from his salary can be reallocated to helping out other parts of the team, but I know this team far too well to make such a ludicrous statement.

 

Substitute "owner"

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.