Why We Hate Jeffrey Loria

Alright so I want to create a HUGE list of grievances against Jeffrey "I wish the holocaust happened" Loria. For one, this will be an extremely cathartic exercise. More importantly, this will be a great document to email to literally every MLB executive and sports websites so the world will know about the plight on the Miami Marlins fanbase. Let's try and keep the grievances serious and I'll update the list whenever good suggestions are made.

I'll start:

-wants to trade Derek Dietrich because he snitched on Tino Martinez for choking him 

-let go of Dan Jennings because he kept playing Marcel Ozuna during his slump

-wants to trade Ozuna because he literally doesn't like him 

-fired fan favorite Tommy Hutton after a 19 year long career with the Marlins without giving him an explanation 

-trades competitive balance picks in order to dump salary

Any complaints since 2002 are welcomed.

Guest Vince0926

I actually think the stadium has been a disappointment. Not the location (1 mile from where i grew up) or the scenery or atmosphere but the games at the old stadium seemed lively when it was full for some reason. Almost like rambunctious. I am mad at loria because it seemed like he wants his baby to be bigger than the team, the product. 

I am mad because he doesnt accept responsibility for his failures (trades, decisions, signings, record, happiness)

When was Sun Life Stadium full though? Opening Day and the World Series?

I've been at Marlins Park during a Friday night Jose Fernandez start against a competitive popular team and the atmosphere was excellent. I've also had relatively good experiences at games with smaller crowds. Some Marlins players have said this in the past too, the crowd may be small at times but the people who are there are generally good fans.

The ballpark isn't the problem when it isn't "lively."

Guest Vince0926
When was Sun Life Stadium full though? Opening Day and the World Series?

I've been at Marlins Park during a Friday night Jose Fernandez start against a competitive popular team and the atmosphere was excellent. I've also had relatively good experiences at games with smaller crowds. Some Marlins players have said this in the past too, the crowd may be small at times but the people who are there are generally good fans.

The ballpark isn't the problem when it isn't "lively."

I think of cody ross game winning walk off as a good example. Also, i guess part of it is nostalgia.

My biggest issue is that after all these years owning a team, he still has no idea how to build a winner.  All the other stuff people complain about would disappear if the team was good.  I mean they share a market with the Heat and a spring training facility with the Cards, two model sports franchises.  You would  think something would have rubbed off by now about how to build a winning organization.

You can be cheap and still be good as long as you have a good plan and execute it well.  Loria has no plan.  He'll decide to something, and then when it doesn't work perfectly immediately, he'll change his mind and do something else.  There are plenty of ways to go about building a winner, but constant change isn't one of them.

Around here in Lancaster, the local tv station recently did a bit on Santa showing that he was at the local mall and they showed a few kids on Santa's lap telling what they wanted.  It would be cool if a MIami station filmed Santa for a fluff piece and every kid on Santa's lap said the same thing: I want a new owner for the Marlins

The personal grudges he takes out on players and personnel which seemingly only end up being detrimental to the team EVERY TIME.  I think his Napoleonic complex is best summed up by firing the guy who won Manager of the Year in the year he WON the award.  I personally don't care about Girardi one way or the other but I look at that example as the ultimate example of how he refuses to employ anyone who doesn't march lockstep.  He has spent so much dead money on just execs and coaches that we could have likely had filled some of our holes or at least brought in some valuable bench pieces over the years. 

Around here in Lancaster, the local tv station recently did a bit on Santa showing that he was at the local mall and they showed a few kids on Santa's lap telling what they wanted.  It would be cool if a MIami station filmed Santa for a fluff piece and every kid on Santa's lap said the same thing: I want a new owner for the Marlins

Which Lancaster are you in?

Mike Trout may end up being the greatest but as of now Miguel Cabrera is still the greatest hitter of the post steroid era. 

post steroid era? might wanna look into a little guy named Poo Holes. 1.037 in 11 years with St Louis. absolutely insane #s.

post steroid era? might wanna look into a little guy named Poo Holes. 1.037 in 11 years with St Louis. absolutely insane #s.

Pujols career OPS is slightly better than Cabreras if OPS is the only stat you consider to matter in deciding who's a better hitter. .961 to .977 ( not to mention the possibility that Pujols may have used steroids during that issue regarding Clark whether one believes that or not ). 

However rather than debating the merits of the two players and keeping in line with this thread, feel free to add- "made an artificial push to sign Pujols in 2012 to create buzz" 

Now I shall wait for replies stating how it was a good thing we didn't sign him in 2012  

I'll also add firing Girardi was a good move not a bad one considering he wanted Johnson and Nolasco to be relievers in 06 rather than some much less talented players and also in my nonmedical opinion contributed to Johnsons injuries (and later on the implosion of Joba with the ridiculous Joba rules)