Who should replace Tommy?

Admin

Carl Pavano, He believes in advanced metrics, he is a long time marlin, and when he has been in the booth he has added a lot to the broadcast.

He's ok at times but he seems stiff as a board at other times. He also drops in useless knowledge too much.

Carl Pavano, He believes in advanced metrics, he is a long time marlin, and when he has been in the booth he has added a lot to the broadcast.

Carl Pavano has the personality of a raisin. I'm pretty sure his voice can put the Energizer bunny to sleep. Please no on Pavano.

I've said it previously but get Dontrelle Willis. He already did coverage for Fox during the World Series. Casual Marlins fans know who he is and he's well spoken for. Seems like a natural fit.

I haven't been too impressed with Dontrelle Willis from what I've seen, actually.

Tommy wasn't an advanced metrics guy and everyone loved his style.  He was all about passion.  Passion for the Marlins and passion for the game.  No one that they hire to replace him will bring that to the booth.  At least not right away.

I can't even think who I'd want to replace Tommy because first of all no one can do it.

And secondly there's also a chance we get a complete no name that none of us even know. Its not like we have a defined list of names to choose from (like free agency itself), it's virtually a never ending list of potential replacements from anywhere.

Whoever it is may even turn out to be good, similar to how it was when Rich came down here, but no matter what in that case we'll all have essentially zero connection to the guy.